These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Shutdown timer inactivity of 1 hour

First post
Author
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#21 - 2014-09-15 09:56:22 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Alphea Abbra wrote:
My internet is pretty unstable but I can see if I can get online when I get back from a meeting.
That should be around 13:30 EVE, so if the webs work, see you then?
At that time I'm at work. :/

In clothes! OMG I need to wear clothes! -.-'
It can also be later, I'm just not home from about 5 minutes from now and until then.
So give me a note on when we can meet up and I'll try to be there.
malcovas Henderson
THoF
#22 - 2014-09-15 09:57:33 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Alphea Abbra wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Alphea Abbra wrote:
Your "desired outcome" has yet to be supported by evidence and arguments as to its desirability.
Please fix this defect before proceeding to make future suggestions.

Also what Remiel Pollard said (And glad to see you back among the posting Remiel).

ALPHEA!!!!

*shoots a "load" into your "direction"* :D
Oh, this "unwanted" act of "aggression" took me completely by surprise!
I didn't have my "hardener" on so now all my "shields" are gone! Whatever shall I do?
If you continue "shooting" I might end in "structure" and I will have to "surrender".

Hi again!

You will "surrender" ...

... They all "surrender" satisfied ...
... once my "turret" stripped down their "shields" and "armor" ...
... and laid open their "structure" for me to shoot my "load" into ....

;)

Oh my!!! I hope I didn't read to much into that Twisted
Solecist Project
#23 - 2014-09-15 09:59:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Alphea Abbra wrote:
So give me a note on when we can meet up and I'll try to be there.
I work until 1600 EVE, so everything past that will be fine. :)

malcovas Henderson wrote:
You read it exactly as intended .... ;)

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#24 - 2014-09-15 09:59:35 UTC
Oh and:
Solecist Project wrote:
I need to wear clothes! -.-'
Like statistics, it's not what you reveal, it's what you do not reveal...
OopsP
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#25 - 2014-09-15 10:01:13 UTC
malcovas Henderson wrote:
Try checking my posting history for quotes of Solstice Project, you'll see that you got it exactly right.
To the "letter", the "deeper meaning".

Oh, and I really need to "run" now., Cya later Sol!
Vyl Vit
#26 - 2014-09-15 10:06:22 UTC
What's an MMO Project? Is that a "flag term"? Does this "cue" someone that a real "pro" is tawkin'?
Is that what that is? Hmmmm?

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Solecist Project
#27 - 2014-09-15 10:08:39 UTC
Vyl Vit wrote:
What's an MMO Project? Is that a "flag term"? Does this "cue" someone that a real "pro" is tawkin'?
Is that what that is? Hmmmm?
That's, like, the most stupid name I could ever pick.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#28 - 2014-09-15 10:10:57 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Alphea Abbra wrote:
Your "desired outcome" has yet to be supported by evidence and arguments as to its desirability.
Please fix this defect before proceeding to make future suggestions.

Also what Remiel Pollard said (And glad to see you back among the posting Remiel).

I never really left, my alt Boz just got a little ahead of himself the other night. (He had a bit too much to drink).

I asked if I could hit on him, but my query got ignored. -.-

Hey, you said he's running around at home without pants ...
... how can you expect me not asking?? :D

Also ... "got head the other night" is all I've read ....................

*sips coffee*

Ignored, no. More like, I passed out from drinking way too much, woke up, and the thread was locked.

As for hitting on Boz, you do so at your own peril. Blink

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Solecist Project
#29 - 2014-09-15 10:21:04 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
As for hitting on Boz, you do so at your own peril. Blink
Ha ... sounds like a challenge. ;)

I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#30 - 2014-09-15 11:17:07 UTC
Max Bonus wrote:
Dear developers, enter the shutdown timer inactivity of 1 hour as in all other normal MMO Projects.

Sure, and make it look like there are even fewer people logged in than there has been in the recent past. I am sure CCP wants that. I mean, after all, they have already stopped toting the 500k subscribers and growing numbers and I doubt CCP would want it to look like fewer people on.
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#31 - 2014-09-15 11:24:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Antihrist Pripravnik
Max Bonus wrote:
Dear developers, enter the shutdown timer inactivity of 1 hour as in all other normal MMO Projects.

But don't you know... AFK cloakers are not really AFK. They sit in their ships patiently waiting... and waiting... and waiting.... Sometimes they warp just 20km off your ship just to check out your guns or to look at you from the shadows. There is a dare game between AFK clokers: who can orbit its target's ship at closest range for the longest amount of time without being decloaked. Yes, they are that close. They stalk you at your POS and watch your every move knowing full well that your ship can be turned to wreck whenever they want to. Inactivity timer would not help, since they are active. Oh, they are very much active.
Meloni HELL
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2014-09-15 11:26:10 UTC
I'll take afk cloakers over at the keyboard cloakers any day.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#33 - 2014-09-15 13:11:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Derrick Miles wrote:
I'm starting to think afk cloaking gets under people's skin.

+ 1

I'm starting to think the skin is the problem, not the afk cloaking:

This is what I say to afk cloakers in my ratting system while they cloak and I keep ratting:

[Typhoon, F you Couch]
Internal Force Field Array I
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
'Copasetic' Particle Field Acceleration
Medium Clarity Ward Booster I

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Nova Auto-Targeting Cruise Missile I
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I
Large Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer I

Warrior II x5
Bouncer II x4

Still amazing to me how uncreative people can be in a game that rewards and demands creativity.
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#34 - 2014-09-15 13:19:05 UTC
Max Bonus wrote:

Stupidly hilarious.

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
The Initiative.
#35 - 2014-09-15 13:25:39 UTC
Don´t mind me...I am not even here.
AFK

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#36 - 2014-09-15 13:53:59 UTC
OP should complain to his landlord about this, or find a new corp where cowardice is worn like a badge of honor.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Maxpie
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#37 - 2014-09-15 14:38:40 UTC
Noooo. If there's one thing this game needs, it's more people afk. Most of the people actually at their computers are pretty annoying.

No good deed goes unpunished

Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#38 - 2014-09-15 14:40:29 UTC
Maxpie wrote:
Noooo. If there's one thing this game needs, it's more people afk. Most of the people actually at their computers are pretty annoying.

He said, from a computer...

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#39 - 2014-09-15 14:41:42 UTC
obligatory
Paikis wrote:
This thread comes up on almost a weekly basis. In fact, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a nerf cloaking thread in the first 2 pages on this forum section. Almost every single one of them goes like this:

1. OP posts a post with a new (lol) idea that always boils down to some variation of the following:
- "There's a big meanie who is sitting in my system and not doing anything, but I don't know where he is and I can't ever just go next door. I can't find said meanie and even though I know that he's probably at work and poses no threat at all, I wont do anything in my system that I absolutely can't leave ever because he might not be at work and I might lose a ship. CCP please stop the meanie from being able to do nothing to me because he's probably at work"

2. Thread gets trolled because its been done literally to death. This horse has been beaten so hard and so often that it's little more than a memory of a memory of a red smear on the grass, and yet it STILL WONT DIE! In fact it's been done so many times that this particular horse is now undead; even if it does die, it will still be remembered and parodied.

3. Someone comes along and suggests that AFK cloakers can't hurt you, because they are, by their very definition, AFK. No one ever lost a ship to someone who ISN'T PLAYING THE GAME.

4. Someone else comes along and points out that while the cloaker might be AFK, he might not be, and so we have Schrodinger's Hot Dropper. The cyno pilot who might be AFK... but he might not be as well, and you will only know for sure when he decloaks, points and lights his candle. (Yes, I know this isn't how the cat works)

5. Someone else comes along and suggests that you use bait and setup a TARP. Or have a defence fleet on standby. Heaven forbid you have to actually fight to defend your space.

6. A further person comes along and suggests that the problem isn't cloaking AFK in your system that you can't possibly leave ever, but that you KNOW that the person is AFK in your system... and perhaps local should be removed because free 100% accurate intel is probably not the best thing in the game and if you didn't know that the big meanie was in your system, you wouldn't be worried about leaving the undock/POS.

7. Then another person pokes their head in and complains that local is 100% NEEDED because D-Scan and probing are such bad mechanics, and IF YOU TAKE MY LOCAL AWAY IM QUITTING FOREVER AND NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY STUFF!

8. Someone asks if they can have 7's stuff.

We end up with another thread which goes on for pages and pages between complains about local, defence fleets, inability to just go next door, people who aren't playing the game but are playing the meta, lots of bickering and in the end nothing gets solved. CCP wont remove cloaking because it would mess with waaay too many things and it creates content (which is a good thing) by removing content (which is a bad thing) but they can't really think of any way to do it without a complete overhaul of the local and scanning systems.

Now that I've had this entire thread's conversation, can we just let it die? Please?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4374522#post4374522
ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#40 - 2014-09-15 15:10:37 UTC
Topic moved to Features and Ideas Discussion.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Previous page123Next page