These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Missions

Author
Abominare
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#41 - 2014-09-09 09:31:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Abominare
Bastion Arzi wrote:
is the comparison the same against normal level 4 missions?

Its not as good as burners at the moment. But sticking to purely blitzable l4's and declining the rest, its still around the 100m+ an hour mark if you have a good conversion and have the practice blitzing. Burners are just so good especially if you can fly a DD, you can do 4 of 5 in the same rig fitted DD.

Good blitzing missions

Stop the Thief
Cargo Delivery
Recon 1 and 2 since you can do them in a mwd frig and they're always home system
Pirate invasion isn't too bad if you can pop the correct group, it pays well at least
Attack of the Drones, know the correct chain
Right hand of Zazz
Dread Pirate Scarlet once you have the keys they always work just mwd to the gates and shoot her in the last pocket and then leave
The Assault

and others theres a few intercept style ones that arent too bad.

You'll want a good blitzing ship, I've always had a thing for machariels focus on killing speed and have an mwd, you dont have to go all out with tank since you're usually leaving anyways.
Know your triggers know when to align out to save a few seconds here and there, know which frigs can be an issue and plan accordingly, the nice thing about the mach is if you're concerned with a frig spawn you can pretty much pop them in 1-2 rounds on approach anyways.

Decline missions that have you full clear pockets and whatnot if oyu have the faction standings then honestly the rate that you'll get storylines will generally compensate or bring its spiral down to a crawl. Dont get to -2.0 with the agent though or its annoying to deal with unless you can train a diplomacy level.

Edit: Try to missin in .5 if you want to stay in HS rewards are better, and dont forget to train lp skill.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#42 - 2014-09-09 21:32:36 UTC
Ur doing it wrong.

You can still blitz and do a little looting. If you got a multiple pocket mission where you have to kill everything, drop a MTU while you kill the rats. Once the rats are dogmeat, pickup your MTU and loot can, warp to next pocket, rinse and repeat. You may not get as much as you would from looting the whole mission, but it is a little more. Not to mention looting missions is a good way to get those meta 4 modules people like for their PVP fits.
Ginger Barbarella
#43 - 2014-09-09 23:37:26 UTC
Lugalzagezi666 wrote:
All you should really care is having fun. If you enjoy making your own missiles from your own loot, do that.

This. Opportunity cost and "what ELSE could you be doing in those 4 minutes and 24 seconds you looted in?" is basically horse-sh!t unless you're more into grinding gold in a game than having fun.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Abominare
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#44 - 2014-09-10 02:52:51 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Ur doing it wrong.

You can still blitz and do a little looting. If you got a multiple pocket mission where you have to kill everything, drop a MTU while you kill the rats. Once the rats are dogmeat, pickup your MTU and loot can, warp to next pocket, rinse and repeat. You may not get as much as you would from looting the whole mission, but it is a little more. Not to mention looting missions is a good way to get those meta 4 modules people like for their PVP fits.

Missions where you full clear a room aren't generally on the list of missions to blitz, they're almost always on the autodecline lits.

I mean if the wreck is within 2500m go for it i guess but its not really a big deal.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#45 - 2014-09-10 15:12:07 UTC
Abominare wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:
Ur doing it wrong.

Missions where you full clear a room aren't generally on the list of missions to blitz, they're almost always on the autodecline lits.

I mean if the wreck is within 2500m go for it i guess but its not really a big deal.

Rattlesnake, Macherial, Vargur, Kronos, and Vindicator can all cut through missions like Buzz Kill, Damsel in Distress, Gone Berserk, Rogue Slave Trader, and Mordus Headhunters like butter. Declining them is crazy in my opinion. If I can do a mission in 15 minutes or less, then it is a go.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#46 - 2014-09-10 16:47:44 UTC
Thats really good for blitzing and it is higher than salvagin/looting, if you can sustain it you're the man.

Gone Berserk
17 minutes
10.77 mil bounty
1.2 mil reward
1 mil bonus
5klp
18.8 mil salvage

@ a measly 1k/LP (what you get from making ammo) that puts it at over 110 mil an hour.

WELL WITHIN the realm of "Worth it" by any means.

My personal record for salvaging only (missions in hisec) is 272 million an hour.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#47 - 2014-09-10 17:27:58 UTC
Abominare wrote:

Good blitzing missions

Stop the Thief
Cargo Delivery
Recon 1 and 2 since you can do them in a mwd frig and they're always home system
Pirate invasion isn't too bad if you can pop the correct group, it pays well at least
Right hand of Zazz
Dread Pirate Scarlet once you have the keys they always work just mwd to the gates and shoot her in the last pocket and then leave
The Assault

Good list. How do you blitz assault.

I do Recon 3 in the same MWDing frig i do 1 and 2 in.

Also Damsel in distress in this:
[Tengu, Damn That Damsel]
Damage Control II
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Experimental 10MN Afterburner I
Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
'Copasetic' Particle Field Acceleration
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Tengu Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer
Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
Tengu Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Gravitational Capacitor

I just blap the correct station, ignore the spawns, kill the web frigs and anything that poitns me, grab the girl and go while giving her a stern talking to about always getting imprisoned in that same station lol.

And Gone Berserk is super easy to blitz too, it's like only 6-7 ships total to kill. My mission ship set up now is : Blitzing Mach, Blitzing Tengu and daredevil (with my alt that can fly a jamming/FoF missions ASB Griffin for burner missions) and the income is INSANE lol.

I've never come close to getting any of my agents close to -2 with an agent, as so many missions offered to me are bltizable or near blitzable I only really decline the worst of the 'slog through' missions.

Cipher Jones
#48 - 2014-09-10 18:35:41 UTC
Quote:
How do you blitz assault.

Serpentis Assault; Gates are open. Proceed directly to the third room and kill the 5 ships on the left.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#49 - 2014-09-10 19:14:24 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Quote:
How do you blitz assault.

Serpentis Assault; Gates are open. Proceed directly to the third room and kill the 5 ships on the left.

Well, it's only taken me 7 years to find this out...
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#50 - 2014-09-10 21:49:50 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Thats really good for blitzing and it is higher than salvagin/looting, if you can sustain it you're the man.

Gone Berserk
17 minutes
10.77 mil bounty
1.2 mil reward
1 mil bonus
5klp
18.8 mil salvage

@ a measly 1k/LP (what you get from making ammo) that puts it at over 110 mil an hour.

WELL WITHIN the realm of "Worth it" by any means.

My personal record for salvaging only (missions in hisec) is 272 million an hour.

You don't have to kill all the ships in Gone Beserk, but the bounties are usually worth the little bit of extra time.
Abominare
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#51 - 2014-09-11 11:20:52 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Abominare wrote:

Good blitzing missions

Stop the Thief
Cargo Delivery
Right hand of Zazz
The Assault

Damage Control II

I just blap the correct station, ignore the spawns, kill the web frigs and anything that poitns me, grab the girl and go while giving her a stern talking to about always getting imprisoned in that same station lol.

And Gone Berserk is super easy to blitz too, it's like only 6-7 ships total to kill. My mission ship set up now is : Blitzing Mach, Blitzing Tengu and daredevil (with my alt that can fly a jamming/FoF missions ASB Griffin for burner missions) and the income is INSANE lol.

I've never come close to getting any of my agents close to -2 with an agent, as so many missions offered to me are bltizable or near blitzable I only really decline the worst of the 'slog through' missions.

I do gone berzerk as well. I might try the tengu on damsel but especially in lanngisi I've been prioritizing burners and only use my list when standings slip too much.

lanngissi has a bad habit of making quite quite a few missions a 2 jump ordeal which hurts the monies a lot so I'm actually really picky and avoid non burners that are 2j out. Though being able to dump to hek makes me lazy and haven't bothered to ship out to apan.

some times I get lucky though and get 13 burners down in an hour with a bunch being angels and get pumped over a 400m hour.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#52 - 2014-09-11 12:22:30 UTC
Abominare wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Abominare wrote:

Good blitzing missions

Stop the Thief
Cargo Delivery
Right hand of Zazz
The Assault

Damage Control II

I do gone berzerk as well. I might try the tengu on damsel but especially in lanngisi I've been prioritizing burners and only use my list when standings slip too much.

lanngissi has a bad habit of making quite quite a few missions a 2 jump ordeal which hurts the monies a lot so I'm actually really picky and avoid non burners that are 2j out. Though being able to dump to hek makes me lazy and haven't bothered to ship out to apan.

some times I get lucky though and get 13 burners down in an hour with a bunch being angels and get pumped over a 400m hour.

Excellent. I go 'half and half' in that I still do missions from my blitz list as well as burners to slow down the degradation of that agent. Even after all this time I have yet to see it dip into the negative.

From Lann, the only ones I get 2 jumps out are Scarlett and a couple others. I used to take my stuff to Hek but there were times it wasn't that good so I now generally bit the bullet and use a fast transport to go to Rens or Dodixie.
Meldan Anstian
The Night Crew
#53 - 2014-09-11 15:28:47 UTC
12100 wrote:
But I'll be building my own missiles by reprocessing the loot, how would I be spending isk on buying missiles?

Also I'm kind of undecided if I should mission with space lane or Soe...

This is an example of logic that just drives me crazy.

Loot has a value. You can either sell the item in the market and get ISK, or you can reprocess the item and get minerals. Those minerals have a value in ISK, that can be sold on the market as well. Quite often, you get more than the reprocessed value of the item by selling it on the market.

Making your own missiles is not free, even if you use reprocessed modules to get the minerals.

Buying missiles someone else made is simply trading 1 asset for another. You trade ISK for missiles.

Making your own missiles from reprocessed modules is simply trading 1 asset for another. You trade reprocessed modules and manufacturing slot time for missiles.

If you use that slot to make T1 missiles that saves you 100k an hour from buying the missiles off the market, and forego using that slot to make something else that nets you 500k per hour in profit, you are costing yourself 400k an hour. There are other considerations that are not taken into account - such as the time determining if a module is best sold or reprocessed, time to buy and transport missiles, time determining what will generate 500k an hour, etc.

You may or may not be better off by making your own missiles. Claiming they are free, regardless of changes in your wallet, is foolish.
Cipher Jones
#54 - 2014-09-11 17:35:10 UTC
Meldan Anstian wrote:
12100 wrote:
But I'll be building my own missiles by reprocessing the loot, how would I be spending isk on buying missiles?

This is an example of logic that just drives me crazy.

Loot has a value. You can either sell the item in the market and get ISK, or you can reprocess the item and get minerals. Those minerals have a value in ISK, that can be sold on the market as well. Quite often, you get more than the reprocessed value of the item by selling it on the market.

Making your own missiles is not free, even if you use reprocessed modules to get the minerals.

Buying missiles someone else made is simply trading 1 asset for another. You trade ISK for missiles.

Making your own missiles from reprocessed modules is simply trading 1 asset for another. You trade reprocessed modules and manufacturing slot time for missiles.

If you use that slot to make T1 missiles that saves you 100k an hour from buying the missiles off the market, and forego using that slot to make something else that nets you 500k per hour in profit, you are costing yourself 400k an hour. There are other considerations that are not taken into account - such as the time determining if a module is best sold or reprocessed, time to buy and transport missiles, time determining what will generate 500k an hour, etc.

You may or may not be better off by making your own missiles. Claiming they are free, regardless of changes in your wallet, is foolish.

That logic drives you crazy but you used a fallacy to counter the point.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Methaias
Venture League
#55 - 2014-09-11 18:59:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Methaias
12100 wrote:
Ok when it comes to do security missions I think it's best to do the missions that allow you to make ammo by production and lp store right?

For example I'm doing space land lvl 4 missions. They drop loot to refine into
Minerals, I can use the mins to make t1 ammo then use lp to make them into faction ammo, then I can keep some for me and sell the rest as profit since I did not waste any isk with the missiles
(Except the 2m isk to make 5000 t1 into faction)

So am I right?

Its all about how you value your time spent, there are lots of different ideas/opinions on how to make good isk vs have fun doing what you like. Are you looking to add value to your missioning by looting/manufacturing or are you looking to be ammo self sufficent or are you just taking advantage of different gameplay options (ie some industry)? These are separate questions I myself have never been much concerned with the idea of maximizing my profit, its what im doing and who im doing it with that makes the game fun to rme.

A few thoughts on the matter from my perspective:

-Ammo efficiency = Lasers or drones not missiles, however Cost of using even t2 missiles for missions ends up being a fraction of the profitability vs the bounties on missions (especially with BSs to destroy). So meh.

-Blitzing vs full clearing and/or looting, lots of people will turn this into a debate of isk/hr, but its really up to what you like. Money or gameplay, I salvage everything cause I like to, and my OCD doesnt like leaving even tidbits behind >.<
It is NOT the best isk/hr by a longshot, if you care.

-Looting for reprocessing = not efficient isk/hr compared to other things but I myself do it all the time, since Kronos reprocessing has taken a huge value hit from what I can tell, solution: Dual or triple box with a Noctis alt. The MTU is only so handy since it tracs 1 wreck at a time and has to lock the next target. faster for the money you make even if its not as much as it used to be. And dont forget that salvage can be used to make rigs for additional profit.

-Trading LP to upgrade missiles or ammo and sell on market (even with keeping a share for yourself) is very isk profitable, as you noted your 2m and 5klp sell for a substantial amount more, no its not the best use for LP but it IS profitable. So far as whats the most profitable see the link in previous post ^

-Isk/hr: Wormholes, risk vs reward is the name of the game, unless incursions are a good option for you. I still made more in WHs (C6 with capital escalations... yummy)

-The 3 month annual SOE arc blows away L4 mission grinding for faction standings boosts.

-Have you considered mining the asteroids in the missions for minerals? Once again its not great isk/hr but will yield much more in minerals especially since some good roids are there sometimes, with no belt competition and the fact that all ores are within a stones-throw of each other in isk/m3/harvest cycle, it could add yet another element to your play and wallet.

Favorite solution: Triple box

^ thats a lot of reply... sorry

Fly safe, happy hunting, and may your deathsplosion be brilliant and all encompassing.

Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#56 - 2014-09-11 20:51:09 UTC
12100 wrote:

Ignore all the doomsayers who are on about isk/hr.

Thats not just what the game is about.

SOE are apparently a good way to go.

Just do you what you think is right, there's a massive amount of options in this game, just follow your gut instinct.

BTW, the ammo question..make your own, sell the excess.

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#57 - 2014-09-11 21:07:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Drago Shouna
ermmm

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2014-09-12 01:48:23 UTC
Just pokng my head to point out the viability of looting depends a lot on what level mission.

For a new player running level 1 and 2 missions the loot and salvage can outweigh all the other mission gains.

By level IV any looting other than cherry picking high value drops and MTU scooping and drone salvage while popping things can be counterproductive, especially if you have to make several trips to get it all back to a station or bring in a Noctis.

But even then if looting makes mission running less boring for you go for it.

Previous page123