These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Asayanami Dei(I totally spelled it right...)

First post First post
Author
Bronya Boga
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-09-10 00:38:44 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:

In any case, as someone who doesn't read the other forum sections, how'd Asaya make it into CSM at this stage?

Matias(probably got his name wrong) was CSM and got elected because he was the creator of BRAVE and from what I hear many worshiped him or w\e. At any case he didn't participate in the CSM process because of RL so he stepped down and since they didnt want to have 1 man down they picked the 15th in the ballot which ended up being Asay
calaretu
Honestly We didnt know
#22 - 2014-09-10 05:22:12 UTC
Really? We get another wormholerep on csm and this is the direction you guys take it? Shame on you. Have you already forgotten how every single csm candidate that didnt get elected or ended their term has done the same? The csm election and office is a very taxing process and you are better than throwing this at him.

Asayanami. I look forward to see your contribution to the csm and what you and corbexx can accomplish togeather.
Maduin Shi
MAGA Inc
#23 - 2014-09-10 06:15:08 UTC
calaretu wrote:
Really? We get another wormholerep on csm and this is the direction you guys take it? Shame on you. Have you already forgotten how every single csm candidate that didnt get elected or ended their term has done the same? The csm election and office is a very taxing process and you are better than throwing this at him.

Asayanami. I look forward to see your contribution to the csm and what you and corbexx can accomplish togeather.

Well trolling aside, considering how CCP implemented mass/spawn distance which was purportedly a Chitsa-supported idea... you would forgive the belief that another wormhole CSM is not necessarily a good thing if it represents an avenue for more bad/unpopular ideas to reach CCP. Considering we know little about this fellow, and we don't know if he's going to represent good ideas from the majority of players or his own agenda... well the onus is on him now.
ISD Decoy
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#24 - 2014-09-10 10:11:55 UTC
I have removed several posts that were either off-topic, full of personal attacks, not constructive, or not respectful. Please, at the very least, communicate respectfully with other players.

Quote:
2. Be respectful toward others at all times.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not conductive to the community spirit that CCP promotes. As such, this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive, and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

Thanks for your cooperation.

ISD Decoy

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Zara Arran
Overload This
TURBOFEED OR GLORY
#25 - 2014-09-10 11:07:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Zara Arran
calaretu wrote:

Your space or playstyle being well represented in the CSM is more than just the number of reps. In fact, someone in that position unable to see the right consequences or unable to reason and argue cases can actually hurt w-space more than help. This is also the reason why I would never vote for someone quite new to WHs to represent the W-space community. Having said that, the fact he got quiet(er) on forums is very understandable, so I agree with Calaretu there.

That Asay has a different opinion to Corbexx or some people in W-space is not per se a bad thing: more opinions, more insights for CCP. Corbexx has gone out of his way to represent the different playstyles and WH inhabitants. If Asay does the same and puts in half the time Corbexx is doing, I am happy.

I hope our two reps will work well together (and not against one another).
HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2014-09-10 11:13:55 UTC
Zara Arran wrote:
calaretu wrote:

Your space or playstyle being well represented in the CSM is more than just the number of reps. In fact, someone in that position unable to see the right consequences or unable to reason and argue cases can actually hurt w-space more than help. This is also the reason why I would never vote for someone quite new to WHs to represent the W-space community. Having said that, the fact he got quiet(er) on forums is very understandable, so I agree with Calaretu there.

That Assay has a different opinion to Corbexx or some people in W-space is not per se a bad thing: more opinions, more insights for CCP. Corbexx has gone out of his way to represent the different playstyles and WH inhabitants. If Asay does the same and puts in half the time Corbexx is doing, I am happy.

I hope our two reps will work well together (and not against one another).

Why do you need to be reasonable?

Community-Challenge: Make Jack Miton sing a Duett with me. http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrBertism Jibbychiggawooooow - CSM 9 Corbexx

Bronya Boga
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2014-09-10 12:03:41 UTC
So based on this post and the other one I wanted to clear something up.

I'm not calling Asay out of trying to create trouble. I am though trying to gage the possible ramifications of Asay joining the CSM, I'm not saying he will do a nbad job or interfere with the precess. But based on the last evidence of his comments it makes me worry. I will patiently wait for his posts once he catch's up on paperwork and reading.

No reason to be slamming him guys until we have an official post from him.
HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2014-09-10 12:37:38 UTC
Bronya Boga wrote:

I'm not calling Asay out of trying to create trouble. I am though trying to gage the possible ramifications of Asay joining the CSM, I'm not saying he will do a nbad job or interfere with the precess. But based on the last evidence of his comments it makes me worry. I will patiently wait for his posts once he catch's up on paperwork and reading.

Just Opinions Bronya. :)
Something about forcing someones opinions onto something. Durrhurr

Community-Challenge: Make Jack Miton sing a Duett with me. http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrBertism Jibbychiggawooooow - CSM 9 Corbexx

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-09-10 12:37:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
Bronya Boga wrote:

You kind of did call him out without clearly explaining your issues with what he said in the past. In future, providing links (which you did much later) and evidence would be a good start.
Incindir Mauser
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2014-09-10 12:55:43 UTC
Bronya Boga wrote:

Asay is swamped at the moment but he wishes to express that he'll get around to addressing the varied concerns as soon as he's got his bearings.

From personal experience, Asay isn't afraid to admit when he's wrong, and he knows what this new role entails in terms of being a "representative" of two playerbases. He's been working with corbexxx, Mynnna and the rest to get up to speed, and has had nothing but good things to say about working with him (corbexxx) and the rest of the CSM.

It won't be long now and Asay will be trolling us hard with teasers and mis-information just to watch us squirm....
HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2014-09-10 12:58:42 UTC
Incindir Mauser wrote:
Bronya Boga wrote:

Asay is swamped at the moment but he wishes to express that he'll get around to addressing the varied concerns as soon as he's got his bearings.

From personal experience, Asay isn't afraid to admit when he's wrong, and he knows what this new role entails in terms of being a "representative" of two playerbases. He's been working with corbexxx, Mynnna and the rest to get up to speed, and has had nothing but good things to say about working with him (corbexxx) and the rest of the CSM.

It won't be long now and Asay will be trolling us hard with teasers and mis-information just to watch us squirm....

CSM with youtube trolling power.
This just in Capital Microwarp Drive for easier hole crashing.

Bronya Boga
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2014-09-10 13:56:29 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Bronya Boga wrote:

You kind of did call him out without clearly explaining your issues with what he said in the past. In future, providing links (which you did much later) and evidence would be a good start.

15 minutes later and as the 4th post. Much later.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-09-10 14:21:05 UTC
Whatever. You still called him out.
HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2014-09-10 14:59:59 UTC  |  Edited by: HerrBert
Rek Rek Rek witty snitch, calling bitches out since page freefiddy snitch.

Let's get some **** sorted first and please feel free to give zero dreck.

Chitsa Jason was a bad CSM. DAFAQ is wrong with you assholes, like seriously some folks need some serious brainwashing. The only people that have the right to bring forth such aquisations are the people that have been through that constant bullshitfest that is dealing with CSM related issues. Currently case and point. (Also he and James didnt work hard on fixing the SMA DROP which took a year of convincing ccp, fukking unthankful twats)

This is how I imagine Corbexx current hustle.

And this is how i see Asay current position.

I mean look at it." Basicly within 24 hours a normal guy with a life, that makes very entertaining youtube vids and has a history of "informing" and helping out the community is now the target of the biggest wormhole shitstorm since the last patch?....

Thats almost some CNN TechAnalyst Level of arguementation.

Many people got their first glance and ideas from wormhole fundamentals and you guys treat him like he never did anything for the community ...

Mauser said something very nice which should encourage people ... non or less their is now 2nd wormhole rep on the csm board that also has a big fellowship of his own ...one way or another it should encourage more people to have "leverage" in that discussion, in a reasonable fashion.

Now go **** off... and let him get to work.

And yes the Gif-Fu is strong in this one

Bronya Boga
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2014-09-10 15:23:35 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:

Would you have liked me to keep my concerns to myself then? If he's a wormhole CSM then we should know where he stands. I'm patient and I will wait but it was worth bringing these things up
Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#36 - 2014-09-10 15:31:41 UTC
Winthorp wrote:
He has written a two line post basically stating "this is great, ship it" for someone who wants to be a CSM this is a joke.

I have written pages of detailed responses on why i support the changes, his two line yay response really isn't in the same. His response is Chitsa level CSM.

Probably cause he wasn't CSM yet. Give the dude a second to catch up. I'm sure he wanted to relax a bit after not being elected...what's Proc doing now?

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2014-09-10 15:50:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
Bronya Boga wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:

Would you have liked me to keep my concerns to myself then? If he's a wormhole CSM then we should know where he stands. I'm patient and I will wait but it was worth bringing these things up

I listened to your podcast and he seemed reasonable and extremely willing to communicate with the community so my first port of call would have been to email him with my concerns... and if i was a podcast host like yourself, i would invite him to be on the next show, possibly accompanied by corbexx.

But like i said, whatever. You are entitled to share your opinion, i don't want to go on about it.
Asayanami Dei
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#38 - 2014-09-10 17:26:45 UTC
Ok, so you guys want my wall of text here or should I create a new thread? I'm planning to write something tonight

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I--THE CAPACITOR IS EMPTY

Youtube: /asayanami

Twitter: @asayanami

wormholefundamentals.com

scorchlikeshiswhiskey
Totally Abstract
O X I D E
#39 - 2014-09-10 17:33:00 UTC
Asayanami Dei wrote:
Ok, so you guys want my wall of text here or should I create a new thread? I'm planning to write something tonight

Maybe a new thread and link here?
HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2014-09-10 17:38:19 UTC
Asayanami Dei wrote:

Just record some fraps + voice and call it "Wormhole CSM VLog" should take less time.

Previous page123Next page