These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

More range for remote rapair modules on T3 ships

Author
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#21 - 2014-09-09 17:56:09 UTC
No. Jesus God no. All T3s must die. Until they get a massive EHP nerf, nothing on T3s should be buffed.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#22 - 2014-09-09 19:15:37 UTC
Playing around with the fits, you can get 60k EHP tengus or legions that outrep their logi counter parts by 50%, and reps aside, are full stable without injectors and full t2 fit with no implants. If you add any range, this means you have almost doubled the amount of tank one can pack into any given gang, making everything else less attractive again. t3s and capitals online anyone?

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp

Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#23 - 2014-09-09 23:09:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Zan Shiro
James Baboli wrote:
Playing around with the fits, you can get 60k EHP tengus or legions that outrep their logi counter parts by 50%, and reps aside, are full stable without injectors and full t2 fit with no implants. If you add any range, this means you have almost doubled the amount of tank one can pack into any given gang, making everything else less attractive again. t3s and capitals online anyone?

it was quite funny, in a sick way, by week 3/4 of AT shield and armour t3 was banned pretty much most of the time. And they weren't banned for 100mn AB weapons spamming lol.

Sadly in day to day eve...there is no ship banning lol.

Fix its (e)hp maybe we could put this on the table. ATM...range seems to be its only controlling factor. Basi (edit and other logi's) may be squishier....but it has range. Lets keep basi in a job lol. This change with current stats....if not for the fact I need it for triage I would petition for my logi sp back lol.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#24 - 2014-09-10 00:31:26 UTC
Samillian wrote:
Haven't T3's rendered enough ship classes obsolete?

I echo the above sentiment. At the same time, I think a 100% increase to range is reasonable. It would be VERY easy to usurp the logi class if this bonus was over-implemented. As such, I have strong opinions the T3 Logi should NEVER be able to rep beyond 15-20 kms.

Also, nerf logistics ships. In a 50 vs 50 battle, it is asinine one side can win wipe the field without losing ships.
Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#25 - 2014-09-10 02:30:53 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

Also, nerf logistics ships. In a 50 vs 50 battle, it is asinine one side can win wipe the field without losing ships.

That be the side that didn't bring enough support. Not all doctrine is run and gun and kill em all. While it has its appeal sometimes...it also tends to break down to mindless button mashing.

Also factors in bringing in e-war and such. to add more to the mixing pot. But that's me...I like mixed fleet compositions. Vice zerg rush mindless head bashing. Well that and I have tons of SP in the support roles. For the days I just want to try something more exotic than going lr to sr or vice versa for a change of pace lol.
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#26 - 2014-09-10 03:46:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
I'd rather see it as a high calibration cost rig (~250) with a very specific bonus - it would boost remote repair range by a set amount (i.e. to 20,000m) and has no effect if the current remote repair range with bonuses exceeds that distance (so for instance small unbonused remote repair modules would get the biggest boost from it), multiple instances of the rig have no further benefit over 1 and probably couldn't be fit with the calibration cost anyway and should come with a small penalty to say sensor strength, with the T2 variant having less of a penalty.

James Baboli wrote:

I'm not against having a t3 configuration that can do the work of a logi but any sub-system that gave a rep range bonus would also have to come with balancing of the rep amount and/or having a higher rep amount would have to come with a sacrifice to its ewar resilience.

The EHP isn't that big of a deal you can already get a pretty sturdy tank on a guardian, etc.
Spugg Galdon
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#27 - 2014-09-15 12:09:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Spugg Galdon
To be honest, I feel like all remote rep / shield transporter / energy transfer ranges are anaemic and should get their ranges buffed to make them useful on ships other than logistics ships.

To that end I would suggest:

N.B. Does not apply to capitals/capital modules

Step 1:
Double the range of all Remote Armour Repair / Remote Energy Transfers / Shield Transporters

Step 2:
Cut the range bonus of all logistics ships to compensate.
Cut T1 Logistics Frigates range bonus to 200% (or x3 range bonus)
Cut T1 Logistics Cruiser range bonus from 1000% (which is utterly stupid) to 300% (48km range with T2 and 60km range with deadspace)
Cut T2 Logistics Cruiser Range bonus from 150% / level to 50% / level (meaning a flat 250% range bonus or 3.5x range)
Cut The Nestor's range bonus to 100%

Step 3:
Create rigs that buff range:
Callibration point cost:
T1: 150
T2: 200

Engineering Rig: "Energy Transfer Projector"
T1 + 20% range +10% Energy Transfer PG req
T2 + 30% range +10% Energy Transfer PG req

Armour Rig: "Remote Repair Projector"
T1 + 20% range +10% PG Req
T2 + 30% range +10% PG Req

Shield Rig: "Shield Transportor Projector"
T1 + 20% range +10% CPU Req
T2 + 30% range +10% CPU Req

So what would this do?
To frigates that aren't rigged for range - nothing. But these ships aren't much of an issue. With rigs they get a small range buff.
To Logistics cruisers that aren't rigged for range - a small range nerf (approx 10km). With 1 T1 rig they get current ranges, with a T2 rig they get a small increase over current ranges.
A Battleship fitted as a RRBS ala days of olde (I miss those days) gets 16.2km range unrigged or approx 20km rigged.
A Nestor would have 32km range unrigged or approx 40km rigged or be able to rig for energy transfer range to have effective long range energy transfers.

Ships that don't have a bonus to range would have a limited but much more useful/useable range for RR modules instead of the current extremely limiting range that makes them useless unless on a range bonused ship.

For those that fail at math:
a 200% bonus = x3 range not x2 because:
50% bonus = x1.5
100% bonus = x2
150% bonus = x2.5
200% bonus = x3

EDIT: for bad engerlend
Previous page12