These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The New Caldari - An Observation

Author
Lucien Rouen
#81 - 2014-09-08 14:09:37 UTC
How exactly is it odd that that capsuleer culture would change over time? The State is not the same State it was a few years ago just as the Federation is not the same Federation it was a few years ago. The same goes for the other empires. Even the capsuleer 'empires' have become weaker and less intimidating over the last few years. It hardly seems odd to me that things would change, no matter how much certain people may protest.
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#82 - 2014-09-08 15:54:52 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Mizhir wrote:
Anslo wrote:
Crazy Captain Nemo wrote:
Anslo wrote:
I remember when Caldari didn't talk about being Caldari. Instead, they let their actions show that there is no question that they are Caldari.

I remember when you met a transvestite in the summit one day...where did I put those chat logs...

Oh god that thing was not of this cluster. Monster it was.

That sounds like a fun story. Do share.

**** off Miz...

Now wait a minute, this does sound like a good story. I want to hear it too.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#83 - 2014-09-09 00:08:16 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
Skye Nico wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

While Caldari capsuleers were defending the State, flying in fleets to defend out systems or to attack occupied by enemy zones, he has chosen to not be part of us, part of the State, he didn't want to be Caldari, and thus he is not among us.

This is a load of ****. It is legally impossible to be a State citizen if you are not born there. It does not matter if you 'want to be Caldari' or not.

You should probably have quoted a paragraph where she wasn't specifically vomiting out some more calumnied bilgewater about me, Pilot Nico. I was very much born in the State.

Stop being stupid like that already, Stitcher.
I didnt claim anything about your birth, and have absolutely zero interest in it.
Was you born in some outlaw outcast family, or actually in a good family of loyal to the State citizens, whose names were stained because of your treason as well, it doesn't matter now. Since it is in the past.
What does matter, is what we have at hand. And at hand, you are being traitor and exile, hiding in some Maker-forsaken wormhole instead of serving duty to the State as all loyal citizens.
Those, who are NOT afraid to fight for the State, will live in comfortable conditions. And everything they need will be provided by the State.
While cowards like you will vegetate in some chilling empty wormhole with sleeper drones instead of peoples.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#84 - 2014-09-09 00:14:19 UTC
Lucien Rouen wrote:
How exactly is it odd that that capsuleer culture would change over time? The State is not the same State it was a few years ago just as the Federation is not the same Federation it was a few years ago. The same goes for the other empires. Even the capsuleer 'empires' have become weaker and less intimidating over the last few years. It hardly seems odd to me that things would change, no matter how much certain people may protest.

We just need the State megacorporate law to be enforced on all capsuleers in the State, our dependent and disputed territories.
Then we all will see how they will start singing differently. And maybe that will remove some fountains of lies and gallentean propaganda.

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#85 - 2014-09-09 02:07:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Claudia Osyn
Diana Kim wrote:

Those, who are NOT afraid to fight for the State, will live in comfortable conditions. And everything they need will be provided by the State.
While cowards like you will vegetate in some chilling empty wormhole with sleeper drones instead of peoples.

It's ok Stitch, I still think you're cool, I'll hang out with you.

Also, I hear WH space can be quite comfy..... Much better then some drafty barracks with tonnes of unnecessary, oppressive regulations....

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#86 - 2014-09-09 02:22:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Claudia Osyn
Diana Kim wrote:

We just need the State megacorporate law to be enforced on all capsuleers in the State, our dependent and disputed territories.
Then we all will see how they will start singing differently. And maybe that will remove some fountains of lies and gallentean propaganda.

If the State had that ability there wouldn't be any disputed territory, now would there? Also, nobody but CONCORD can enforce anything significant on capsuleers. Loyalty to an Empire is a choice for us. I don't have to play by their rules if I don't want to.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#87 - 2014-09-13 23:27:08 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

If the State had that ability there wouldn't be any disputed territory, now would there? Also, nobody but CONCORD can enforce anything significant on capsuleers. Loyalty to an Empire is a choice for us. I don't have to play by their rules if I don't want to.

And I'd prefer it to be changed.
The life would be significantly better in the cluster, if only Caldari Navy pilots would be allowed to use capsules.

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#88 - 2014-09-14 23:40:37 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

The life would be significantly better in the cluster, if only Caldari Navy pilots would be allowed to use capsules.

Keep dreaming, sweet cheeks. You'll have 3 factions baring down on you if the Caldari even proposed that, and CONCORD isn't stupid enough to shaft 3 of their 4 signatories like that because you want something.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#89 - 2014-09-15 02:27:48 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

Keep dreaming, sweet cheeks. You'll have 3 factions baring down on you if the Caldari even proposed that, and CONCORD isn't stupid enough to shaft 3 of their 4 signatories like that because you want something.

Okay, and Imperial Navy.
They are religious and thus will be very much decent.
Others, like Federation and Republic, well, they can put their heads into my afterburner and breathe in exhaust!

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#90 - 2014-09-15 02:39:09 UTC
wouldn't we just get burned to a crisp?
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#91 - 2014-09-15 03:19:19 UTC
So, I got back from leave to find this gem! Seeing as I didn't bother with some pilots' wall of words, let's see if I got the basics: sharp words about pilot's glowing self-praise, sharp words about sharp words, and the usual circular exchange of other sharp words?

Read: situation normal?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Lucien Rouen
#92 - 2014-09-15 03:58:24 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
So, I got back from leave to find this gem! Seeing as I didn't bother with some pilots' wall of words, let's see if I got the basics: sharp words about pilot's glowing self-praise, sharp words about sharp words, and the usual circular exchange of other sharp words?

Read: situation normal?

I believe there were also some dull, limp words thrown in as well.
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#93 - 2014-09-15 05:02:28 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

Okay, and Imperial Navy.
They are religious and thus will be very much decent.
Others, like Federation and Republic, well, they can put their heads into my afterburner and breathe in exhaust!

CONCORD still ain't gonna go for it. It's a pipe dream sweets, let it go. You're stuck with us like it or not.