These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Does CCP support out-of-game racism and homophobia?

First post
Author
How Very Embarrassing
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-09-08 22:25:49 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=359021

In this thread we can see direct evidence of homophobia and racism on the part on Goonswarm Federation. The webpages linked are to the official Goonswarm EVEWiki; undeniable as they have admitted many times that it is indeed that.

While CCP are not in a position to outright ban any members over this, as the website is 3rd party, it does seem possible that CCP have no real issue with them using hate speech of this nature.

Goonswarm members are invited to functions such as FanFest and EVE Down Under to do presentations despite CCP knowing that a racist and homophobic culture runs rampant within the alliance. While they cannot ban Goonswarm members from such events, do they really need to specifically invite them?

There are also 2 or 3 Goonswarm members on the CSM. Considering the in-game communications of Goonswarm members can confirm that the wiki is indeed theirs, is it proper to have community representatives that use hate speech and engage in activities that would be against the EULA if they did so in-game?

It seems CCP are taking exactly 0 steps to address this issue, despite many people being up in arms about it. Gevlon and many others like him and those who support them feel the same way about this as I do.

When push comes to shove, CCP knows Goonswarm engage in this sort of behaviour. They don't only turn a blind eye, but they reward them with invitations to speak at their events, allowing them to place ads during Alliance Tournaments, and making no issue of it when members of said alliance are acting as community representatives.

I hope this is not the game CCP hopes to maintain. I love shooting spaceships, but I have no interest in doing so when the most powerful alliance in the game, and the alliance with the most members on the CSM, are rampantly homophobic and racist with 0 repercussion taken against them.

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#2 - 2014-09-08 22:30:00 UTC
Only one thing to say from my perspective, you can have whatever opinion you like about what people post on the internet, but if you disagree with it, go take the issue up yourself and fight for what you think is right.

Coming here and asking if CCP endorse it is ridiculous. Of course they don't endorse racism and homophobia; but they aren't the police of the internet either.

So, take responsibilty for your own convictions and take this issue to the right place if you are so concerned about it. That right place isn't here.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#3 - 2014-09-08 22:30:11 UTC
claerly not, dont be an arse
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-09-08 22:31:35 UTC
Oh look it's this topic again.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#5 - 2014-09-08 22:32:06 UTC
Shiptoasting in thinly veiled daily Grr Goons™ thread?

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#6 - 2014-09-08 22:33:23 UTC
Where did I leave my lawnchair?

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Amarr Citizen 1312151005
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-09-08 22:40:18 UTC
How Very Embarrassing wrote:
GRRR GOONS

INDEED
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#8 - 2014-09-08 22:41:07 UTC
its a website, run out of game... so... no ccp should have to do anything. Only when it effects ccp or the game do they need to step in. Its why mittens got introuble for his comments at fan fest. that was a CCP sanctioned and ran event, and he was a speaker invited by ccp to speak, so it would reflect badly on them.

A random site.. meh.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#9 - 2014-09-08 22:42:02 UTC
They locked the last guy who cut and pasted this idiocy, and they're going to lock you too.

I am guessing... either don't post redundant topics, or ranting.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kudos12345
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-09-08 22:42:11 UTC
"Now it's real obvious who's a goon, and it's real easy to make friends with 'em cause they're so trusting and naive. ****, you get friendly with the goons and they'll not only invite you to dinner, but they'll even let you camp up in the hayloft and maybe even **** their sister. Or show you pictures of their sister ******** another chick."

Quoted from one off the "proof" wiki leaks. So besides homophobia and racism another question needs to be added, does CCP approves of this statement as well. I feel publicly CCP will deny that they do but privately, they'll be LMFAO.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-09-08 22:42:23 UTC
How Very Embarrassing wrote:
I hope this is not the game CCP hopes to maintain. I love shooting spaceships, but I have no interest in doing so when the most powerful alliance in the game, and the alliance with the most members on the CSM, are rampantly homophobic and racist with 0 repercussion taken against them.

No one ever mentions how we have a large & very open gay community which we're very supportive of.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#12 - 2014-09-08 22:53:04 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
The answer to OP's question is NO.

Thread locked.

The Rules:
26. Re-opening locked topics is prohibited.

Recreating or re-opening a thread that has been closed by a moderator is prohibited. Threads that have been closed by a moderator have been closed for the benefit of the community. Re-opening a locked thread will result in its removal.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)