These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Giant bomb has the right idea about eve online

First post
Author
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#41 - 2014-09-08 09:43:21 UTC
The person who made that graph does not understand graphs

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Jarod Garamonde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2014-09-08 14:59:09 UTC
Komi Toran wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Again.... critical thinking is your friend. Your jock-level stretch for any old insult isn't very becoming.

It's a man-eating wolf. While it may be nice of you to offer yourself as a last meal, critical thinking requires it gets a bullet, which is why the gnome will give you 50 copper if you kill 10.

That gnome is an ******** anyway. Those were coyotes eating his sheep, not wolves. Not my fault he's too dumb to know the difference.

Also, the notion of the "man eater" only exists in bad novels and campfire stories. Real predators don't get "addicted" to human flesh after their first taste. That's just a myth, and it's been disproven, over and over and over through the observation and research of many talented and intelligent field biologists.
There is simply no reason for that myth to persist other than most people being gullible and easily frightened.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#43 - 2014-09-08 15:01:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Komi Toran wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Again.... critical thinking is your friend. Your jock-level stretch for any old insult isn't very becoming.

It's a man-eating wolf. While it may be nice of you to offer yourself as a last meal, critical thinking requires it gets a bullet, which is why the gnome will give you 50 copper if you kill 10.

That gnome is an ******** anyway. Those were coyotes eating his sheep, not wolves. Not my fault he's too dumb to know the difference.

Also, the notion of the "man eater" only exists in bad novels and campfire stories. Real predators don't get "addicted" to human flesh after their first taste. That's just a myth, and it's been disproven, over and over and over through the observation and research of many talented and intelligent field biologists.
There is simply no reason for that myth to persist other than most people being gullible and easily frightened.

God smiles each time a gnome... has an unfortunate "accident"

I wont say which God, but the world is a better place with less gnomes in it

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#44 - 2014-09-08 22:02:34 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it.

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#45 - 2014-09-08 22:39:20 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Also, the notion of the "man eater" only exists in bad novels and campfire stories. Real predators don't get "addicted" to human flesh after their first taste.

It has nothing to do with addiction, and everything to do with lack of fear.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2014-09-09 02:38:22 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

This.

Unless Wow had a recent update where clicking at the same enemy just got 'complex', that graph is way off.
Steppa Musana
Doomheim
#47 - 2014-09-09 04:34:27 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

This.

Unless Wow had a recent update where clicking at the same enemy just got 'complex', that graph is way off.

To be fair, trolling in WoW is damn fun and requires a fair amount of effort compared to the usual gameplay offered.

The good ol' fashioned, "naked old man ruining an RP session" troll gets me every time.

Hey guys.

Previous page123