These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Calling it right now: The Next Alliance Tournament

Author
Keith Planck
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-05-15 05:06:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Keith Planck
Rails
Rails Medium Rails
Eagles
Rails Rails
Vultures
Gallente Rails
Medium Rails

Update: 9/6 Hydra reloaded used rail Astartes to crush test
J A Aloysiusz
Risk Breakers
SONS of BANE
#2 - 2014-05-15 22:22:05 UTC  |  Edited by: J A Aloysiusz
I disagree. Rails have decent range, but nothing compared to that of bonused sentries. Eagles have only a little more than half the DPS of shield ishtars, and cannot change their damage types. They're also vulnerable to TDs and cannot assist like drones.

Edit: eagles also have barely above half the base tracking of garde ishtars. They'd need to be fitted with multiple tracking computers to contend. The sig res is lower of course, but that's why sentry fleets always have TPs.

Eagles can, of course, take logistics very well, but their resistances are actually significantly higher than what's necessary. If you watch previous tournament battles, the general tactic is to test the enemy's weakest-tanked ships (usually damp boats). If their tank can't be broken, it's time to go for the enemy logi. All HACs have awesome resistances and will generally only be primed after enemy logi is dead, or perma-damped.

I think we can expect to see a lot of the sentry+damp fleets like last year. I'm waiting to see the ruling on Bastion too, (I assume it will be outlawed, but you never know). Even if bastion is outlawed, Marauders' resistances were recently buffed and they might be more viable this year.

Edit: Omni tracking computers now take scripts, making sentries even better!

I think I've heard that CCP is adding a low slot for drone tracking as well. If this is true, and it comes out before the tourney, shield drone boats will be even better than they are now. The only issue with shields is lack of ewar slots (damps and painters), but with a 900+DPS garde+rails ishtar, and the ability to assign drones, this might not even be an issue.

Aside from that, it's going to depend on the point values assigned. We'll just have to wait and see...
TooBad NZ
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-06-05 08:23:57 UTC
eagles are completely terrible.

i predict anyone who brings one will lose.
Faife
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#4 - 2014-06-06 01:30:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Faife
Keith Planck wrote:
Rails
Rails Medium Rails
Eagles
Rails Rails
Vultures
Medium Rails

The meta for the next alliance tournament is going to be medium rails, they are pretty absurd right now on eagles and vultures.

sure why not. eagles, onyx, and railvens. you go champ.
Cheng Chai
Another Corp..
#5 - 2014-06-06 20:33:47 UTC
what the **** mate? Ever heard of Tracking disruption, Neuts and damps? 3 things that make Hybrids&Lasorz the worst weapon system there is for your main dps.
Azami Nevinyrall
#6 - 2014-06-11 10:29:47 UTC
Gallente ships cost more points this year compared to last.

So no more pure Dominix teams!

I'm expecting pure Guristas teams though!

Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-06-12 02:30:18 UTC
I expect to see some Mordos fleets tbh
Keith Planck
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-09-06 18:31:07 UTC
IT BEGINS
Zan Shiro
Doomheim
#9 - 2014-09-06 19:07:00 UTC
Cheng Chai wrote:
what the **** mate? Ever heard of Tracking disruption, Neuts and damps? 3 things that make Hybrids&Lasorz the worst weapon system there is for your main dps.

so don't lose the damp war.....this is what makes or break teams it seems in many matches this year. He who slams the damps on first...and hard...tends to get a better start to the match.

Next ban blood/amarr bonused ships if known to run them. Just has to be the BS really, think I have seen one ashimmu in the 4 weeks I have watched. But I usually only see up to mid day break so miss the 2nd half matches.
Destoya
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#10 - 2014-09-06 20:23:20 UTC
What was that?
Apothne
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-09-06 21:09:28 UTC
Have you been watching?
Soldarius
Dreddit
#12 - 2014-09-08 20:18:22 UTC
Trust me. It wasn't the rails that were the problem. It was that Hydra pilots knew exactly what to do in that situation. Clearly they had recently practiced vs shotgun comp numerous times.

Props to Hydra for executing that match perfectly.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Faife
Dreddit
#13 - 2014-09-08 20:34:44 UTC
Keith Planck wrote:
Rails
Rails Medium Rails
Eagles
Rails Rails
Vultures
Gallente Rails
Medium Rails

Update: 9/6 Hydra reloaded used rail Astartes to crush test

credit where credit due, he called 1 out of 128 correctly
Elmnt80
Life. Universe. Everything.
#14 - 2014-09-18 21:22:33 UTC
Actually, he called 2 correctly. Clockwork swapped from blaster astartes to rail astartes for our match against CAS. Probably not our best idea.
Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#15 - 2014-09-18 21:54:23 UTC
Elmnt80 wrote:
Actually, he called 2 correctly. Clockwork swapped from blaster astartes to rail astartes for our match against CAS. Probably not our best idea.

I'm pretty sure we told you that a few times beforehand, but nooooo...P

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Elmnt80
Life. Universe. Everything.
#16 - 2014-09-26 09:50:24 UTC
I set up that comp with blasters, its not my fault buss has a hardon for rail astartes.