These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Revenant event killmail

Author
GeekWarrior
S0utherN Comfort
#1 - 2014-09-06 06:52:03 UTC
CCP, you can re-create one for all I care, but I demand that you make available the killmail immediately!
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#2 - 2014-09-06 06:54:41 UTC
Surely the logs show nothing, as the whole event was just fake... Lol

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#3 - 2014-09-06 06:59:21 UTC
However, always remember: that kill will be "REAL PVP" lol :P Nothing like 2000+ players whoring on a killmail :P
Devin Wallace
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-09-06 07:04:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Devin Wallace
"---------------------------------------------------------------------REDACTED TO PROTECT CCP'S REPUTATION-----------------------------------------------------------------------"

Pirate we're never getting that killmail.

I hope I don't meet the worm that creates the holes,  must be immortal.

Eduro Aiur
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.
#5 - 2014-09-06 07:08:43 UTC
If a Revenant dies in lowsec, and there is no killmail, did it really die?
Jessica Duranin
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-09-06 07:11:55 UTC
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:
However, always remember: that kill will be "REAL PVP" lol :P Nothing like 2000+ players whoring on a killmail :P

Lol, CODE talking about "real PvP".
GeekWarrior
S0utherN Comfort
#7 - 2014-09-06 07:13:08 UTC
Jessica Duranin wrote:
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:

Let's not derail from the important matter at hand.
Devin Wallace
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-09-06 07:24:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Devin Wallace
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------REDACTED TO PROTECT CCP'S REPUTATION----------------------------------------------------------- [/u]"

Big smile basically, CCP would have to reverse their policy to generate a kill report retroactively, and then what would they say to the hundreds of people filing support tickets on a daily basis? They would have to actually ensure that kill reports were accurately generated every time which they apparently can not or will not do. The one positive aspect is that this particular kill report had would have had at least 3,700 pilots on it and hopefully they're all quite upset that they will not receive recognition for the hours of horrendous lag they endured and make it known to CCP.

Aesynil
The Unit...
#9 - 2014-09-06 07:35:36 UTC
I'd highly recommend editing your post to delete the CCP response. You can get banned for posting CCP communications.
DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#10 - 2014-09-06 07:44:54 UTC
Jessica Duranin wrote:
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:

Hey, at least I have killmails :P

Also, please train Snarky and Sarcasm to level 2 before posting :P
Devin Wallace
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2014-09-06 07:45:55 UTC
Aesynil wrote:
I'd highly recommend editing your post to delete the CCP response. You can get banned for posting CCP communications.

Knowing what I know, I'm not surprised at all. Blink

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#12 - 2014-09-06 07:50:46 UTC
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:

over twice that dude,
and op, H.T.F.U. and wait like a man, id rather this gets done right and no one misses out.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#13 - 2014-09-06 09:47:47 UTC
How much will it inflate your killboard stats?
Devin Wallace
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-09-06 10:20:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Devin Wallace
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
How much will it inflate your killboard stats?

the Revenant sacrifice was a promotion by Eve-Bet with prizes for pilots meeting certain conditions on the kill report.

The winners cannot be verified without a kill report.

Without a kill report, the entire thing was just a meaningless lag-fest.

Some of us literally stand to gain nothing from this, we know we aren't going to win prizes, and it hardly makes a noticeable change to our killboard stats.

Others are missing out on the fruits of their labor and Eve-Bet is probably being embarrassed the longer time passes without a kill report.

Also, CCP helped stage the event knowing what it was for.

It gives me hope that they are scrambling to generate the kill report, because otherwise....it just looks really bad. You can speculate on the resulting fallout in the player community I suppose.

Oxide Ammar
#15 - 2014-09-06 11:04:11 UTC
Devin Wallace wrote:
Others are missing out on the fruits of their labor and Eve-Bet is probably being embarrassed the longer time passes without a kill report.

Why they are embarrassed ? they aren't the one who is generating killmails and they aren't in charge of running EVE, they only created an event..that's all. They contacted CCP to coordinate reinforcing nodes to hold this major event.

Who ever got the killmail with almost 5k pilots whoring on that Rev is simply can crash any PC trying to open the killmail link.. ShockedLol It won't take much time before ppl will wrap word Boobs around this killmail and post it in local just to crash others PC just for ***** and gigglez.

Lady Areola Fappington:  Solo PVP isn't dead!  You just need to make sure you have your booster, remote rep, cyno, and emergency Falcon alts logged in and ready before you do any solo PVPing.

Azami Nevinyrall
#16 - 2014-09-06 11:44:56 UTC
It's after downtime...

Still no killmail...

Data has been reset, so there will be no killmail!

Sorry

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#17 - 2014-09-06 14:24:00 UTC
Servers trolling greedy KM whores. Twisted

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2014-09-06 14:30:08 UTC

So, I did that "warpin > target for 2 mins > fire one volley of torps > wait for dmg notification > warp out > repeat" crap for over 3 hours, for absolutely nothing?

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-09-06 14:33:45 UTC
When Marlona Sky's Nyx died, that KM generated right away. I know this was nearly twice as many people, but come on, now.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-09-06 14:53:14 UTC
Maybe the name "Revenant" implies that it's not supposed to die at all, but just gets reborn in a different system?

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

123Next pageLast page