These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

If CCP Introduced Another Tradeable Commodity What Would You Want?

Author
Darren Airtex
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2014-09-02 09:57:19 UTC
Used Tires

You could strap it on your ship and have a bumper to bounce ships away from gates so they can be shot at

What happens to all the used tires from Dust 514? Being a redneck from below the Mason-Dixon Line, a good used tire has a lot of uses. Such as, making a bonfire to have a outdoor party by, a tire swing, tie it behind your truck and drag it up and down the road, to train your dog not to chase cars, kids can use them to roll down a hill in, you can even flip it inside out, put a bright coat of paint on it and use it as a flower bed. The used tire has even been used in demolition derbies to act as a buffer to stop damage from other cars that decide to try and ram you. That is just a few examples.

Used Tires, a frigates friend, not just for land craft anymore. It is a pilots friend that needs a helping hand to be useful one more time.

DISCLAMER
This ship item is in the development stage at Dayman Industries, not to be confused with any New Tire past or present or any Tire in use at this time, all rights reserved.
Captain Soju
Failed Diplomacy
#62 - 2014-09-03 14:48:24 UTC
Exploded pilots. Then we could harvest them for implants and reprocess their biomass for nutrients to sell in the market.
Christopher AET
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2014-09-03 15:22:03 UTC
Crates of pssshhhh

I drain ducks of their moisture for sustenance.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#64 - 2014-09-03 15:37:06 UTC
If only smuggling ever got some love. Imagine if you can go to lowsec or nullsec and get "smuggling missions" from pirate NPCs.

And bacon.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

ctx2007
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2014-09-03 19:19:38 UTC
Bacon butties and crates of "Robinson's Trooper" beer (Real Iron Maiden fans will know what I,m talking about) Twisted

You only realise you life has been a waste of time, when you wake up dead.

Herzog Wolfhammer
#66 - 2014-09-03 20:29:12 UTC
Additional commodities I'd like to see:

****"s
****** (*****)

Edit WT*

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#67 - 2014-09-03 20:32:29 UTC
Pants,

N boots.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#68 - 2014-09-03 20:36:21 UTC
Hookers.
Commissar Kate
Kesukka
#69 - 2014-09-03 20:38:39 UTC
Cake and its other varieties.

Oh some pies too.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#70 - 2014-09-03 20:39:41 UTC
I just realized that a wide variety of trade goods and npc commodities could be used to flesh out factions, bloodlines, systems and npc corporations. With sell and buy orders similar to now, a new mini profession of trader could be created, effectively a PvE profession with PvP components of market competition and hauler ganking.
Morihei Akachi
Doomheim
#71 - 2014-09-03 20:47:21 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
But if I remember correctly there was absolutely nothing you could do with those freed slaves, they were still loitering in your hangar until you finally jettisoned them into space.
The whole "Congratulations, you're free- here is the airlock" routine made it even more sinister than just keeping them as slaves.

Sinister is wonderful. I would love to have this option back. We need a lot more dark humour in this game.

"Enduring", "restrained" and "ample" as designations for starship components are foreign to the genre of high-tech science fiction and don’t belong in Eve Online. (And as for “scoped” …)

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#72 - 2014-09-03 21:11:11 UTC
Morihei Akachi wrote:
We need a lot more dark humour in this game.

absolutly
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#73 - 2014-09-03 21:51:04 UTC
CCP Dev bobble heads....

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Herzog Wolfhammer
#74 - 2014-09-03 22:29:08 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Morihei Akachi wrote:
We need a lot more dark humour in this game.

absolutly

Amarr roleplayers have been begging for a way to make them servants in the CQ for years.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Iain Cariaba
#75 - 2014-09-03 22:37:40 UTC
p0rn

I want to see a freighter killmail where the hold is full of this.

Either that or Male Bovine Excrement.
Myles Wong
The One's Who Matter
#76 - 2014-09-04 02:11:11 UTC
Bacon flavored bubblegum.
Balshem Rozenzweig
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#77 - 2014-09-04 09:04:00 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Guttripper wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Fridges.

You must have one fridge per frozen corpse in your hangar or the corpse will start to decompose and vanish within a month.

Slightly off-topic, but since corpses are collected from the cold vacuum of space, I would think the corpse would have been stripped of water through quick freezing and what would remain would be more similar to beef jerky.

Well, I am not a space-pathologist, but my understanding is that, in the vacuum of space, should we have "normal" temperature, the low pressure would cause the body fluids to boil and thus explodiante it, turning it into a big mess of bloody goo.
But this effect is antagonized by the approximately 0° Kelvin in outer space that freezes those body fluids solid and keeps the body in one piece (as long as it is not exposed to direct sunlight or other sources of heat).
With both effects being in equilibrium, the amount of water should be unchanged in a frozen space-corpse, and so they would thaw regularly at room temperature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_exposure

"NUTS!!!" - general McAuliffe

Grim Hood
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2014-09-04 14:31:13 UTC
Pizza
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#79 - 2014-09-04 14:36:16 UTC
fake British accent

Dread Guristas Toilet Paper, you know, for me bum.

/fake british accent
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#80 - 2014-09-04 14:41:55 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
fake British accent

Dread Guristas Toilet Paper, you know, for me bum.

/fake british accent

Its pronounced "bog-roll"

fake American accent

Ah kent buh-leev ah hyad t'tell yawl

/fake American accent

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann