These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Can I activate PLEX if its in contract?

Author
Starshi
RANDOM RETARDS
#1 - 2011-12-10 17:19:42 UTC
If my account is inactive can i acticate the PLEX if its assigned to a contarct from the Account Management?
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2011-12-10 17:24:32 UTC
You must be in-game to activate a PLEX. However, they do have Hours for PLEX which gives you 4h of gametime to log in and activate a PLEX.
Starshi
RANDOM RETARDS
#3 - 2011-12-10 17:30:56 UTC
mxzf wrote:
You must be in-game to activate a PLEX. However, they do have Hours for PLEX which gives you 4h of gametime to log in and activate a PLEX.

I didnt mean that at all. It is possible to activate PLEX in account management WHEN THE ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE if there is such present in the account. I'm asking if its possible to activate it if its on contract.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#4 - 2011-12-10 18:34:03 UTC
To activate a PLEX, you must be IN GAME (meaning the account must be active) with the PLEX IN YOUR HANGER. You cannot use a PLEX from the account management interface, no matter what.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#5 - 2011-12-11 00:28:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Rinn
Starshi wrote:
If my account is inactive can i acticate the PLEX if its assigned to a contarct from the Account Management?

No.

There are two ways of reactivating an inactive account using PLEX.

First: if you had reverse-redeemed a PLEX, you can reactivate the account through Account Management (buy a 1 month extension, use PLEX as the payment method).

Second: You can use "Hours for PLEX" to reactivate for 4 hours in order to acquire that PLEX and apply the game time to your account. The PLEX might be on contract to you, it might already be in your hangar, or you might have enough ISK to buy one off the market (perhaps you have a friend who will give you one when you log in).

You cannot reactivate an inactive account using PLEX through any other means.