These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CPP should do something for GalMil achievement

First post
Author
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#61 - 2014-08-29 17:12:30 UTC
i guess this is the right time to bring out the comms. issue? Big smile

Just Add Water

Carlatto
False Profits
#62 - 2014-08-29 18:17:09 UTC
I can haz a medal?!
Ashlar Vellum
Esquire Armaments
#63 - 2014-08-29 20:14:44 UTC
Yes they should. How about T3 rebalance for GalMil achievement for next expansion? P
Galron Todako
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2014-08-29 20:29:18 UTC
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/90775748709519285/ sums the whole thing up. Not pointing fingers at anyone. You can all do that yourself.

Hope the link works
Galron Todako
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2014-08-29 20:30:11 UTC
Oh by the way,

I want my damn medal!!!
Yogsoloth
Fliet Pizza Delivery
Of Essence
#66 - 2014-08-29 23:18:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Yogsoloth
Seeing as PvP is my main focus, and I'm sure a great many of you as well, it always seemed counter productive to run your enemy out of the warzone. Zerging 2 or 3 ppl in plexes with 20-30 man gangs just seems silly.

Now that you've run your enemy out of town there's nothing left to do but chest thump on the forums. Also, are people really so vain that they need a medal to say they were there ?

Congrats to the people who were driving the effort while there were fights to be had. Those people know who they are.

As for why the Gal's generally have more success in these efforts over the last few years, it has everything to do with the shared comms. They promote a closeness and collaborative effort, it makes it easier to communicate, organize and rally.

The fact that the Gals have had this in place for 4 years or longer gives them a foundation and advantage that is hard for the other faction to compete with.

Not that my corp is relevant in any manner but we left Gallente because we could see Cal were in their death throes. Generally I don't find any enjoyment in kicking someone when theyre down.
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#67 - 2014-08-30 01:35:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Yogsoloth wrote:
Seeing as PvP is my main focus, and I'm sure a great many of you as well, it always seemed counter productive to run your enemy out of the warzone. Zerging 2 or 3 ppl in plexes with 20-30 man gangs just seems silly.

Now that you've run your enemy out of town there's nothing left to do but chest thump on the forums. Also, are people really so vain that they need a medal to say they were there ?

Congrats to the people who were driving the effort while there were fights to be had. Those people know who they are.

As for why the Gal's generally have more success in these efforts over the last few years, it has everything to do with the shared comms. They promote a closeness and collaborative effort, it makes it easier to communicate, organize and rally.

The fact that the Gals have had this in place for 4 years or longer gives them a foundation and advantage that is hard for the other faction to compete with.

Not that my corp is relevant in any manner but we left Gallente because we could see Cal were in their death throes. Generally I don't find any enjoyment in kicking someone when theyre down.

This is a fair post on all points bar one. As a matar cop killing gallente i assume you find enjoyment kicking someone while they dont even see you on their overview? Semi-rhetorical question since we all know the answer.
Deacon Abox
Black Eagle5
#68 - 2014-08-30 03:00:24 UTC
Yogsoloth wrote:
stuff

Personally I already got a medal. So I'm not so wedded to the idea of another. But it would be nice.

But, most importantly, what you fail to factor is that a large percentage of the grunts who participated this time were not around for the previous time. So all your points aren't really relevant to a large number of those that want a medal. And they deserve one no less than the squids that got theirs, and the former Gallente like you that got one.

CCP, there are off buttons for ship explosions, missile effects, turret effects, etc. "Immersion" does not seem to be harmed by those. So, [u]please[/u] give us a persisting off button for the jump gate and autoscan visuals.

Lexiana Del'Amore
Nouvelle Rouvenor
#69 - 2014-08-30 12:59:08 UTC
I DEMAND A MEDAL !!!
Samwise Everquest
Plus 10 NV
#70 - 2014-08-30 16:53:50 UTC
CalMil should get a medal for being in a militia with no home system.

Pras Phil.

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#71 - 2014-08-30 17:37:04 UTC
Dread Operative wrote:
Not everyone can be a neckbeard.

Actually, not everyone can not be a neckbeard.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Phox Jorkarzul
Deep Void Merc Syndicate
#72 - 2014-08-31 00:56:55 UTC
Samwise Everquest wrote:
CalMil should get a medal for being in a militia with no home system.

I'll support this

Blasters for life

https://neverpheedthetroll.blogspot.com

Artuard Envien
Space-Brewery-Association
#73 - 2014-09-01 15:09:37 UTC
I support this as well. Impressive to say the least.

Give those boys what they deserve.
Yogsoloth
Fliet Pizza Delivery
Of Essence
#74 - 2014-09-01 22:10:28 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

This is a fair post on all points bar one. As a matar cop killing gallente i assume you find enjoyment kicking someone while they dont even see you on their overview? Semi-rhetorical question since we all know the answer.

Sorry, I'd have responded to this sooner but I've been away for the weekend.

It's a fair point but, no different than when I was a Gal and shot Minnies indiscriminately. It's pretty much a given that Gal's shoot Minnies and vice versa, most veteran corps in FW have an NBSI towards their allied faction, so there's no hypocracy in my actions.

I'm not taking a holier than thou stance by any means but, an individual shooting members of the winning faction, albeit an allied faction is not exactly the same as running a broken faction and player base out of the war zone.

I'd also wager that you've shot and will continue to shoot most Minnies you come across. I'm just on the other side of the fence now.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#75 - 2014-09-02 07:04:42 UTC
Yogsoloth wrote:

I'd also wager that you've shot and will continue to shoot most Minnies you come across. I'm just on the other side of the fence now.
Usually only if they have a proven track record of shooting Gallente Militia.

Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#76 - 2014-09-02 07:55:49 UTC
When the Caldari "won" FW, holding every system in the warzone, Tiberius Heth took the opportunity to bail out an economy on the verge of bankrupcy with a massive land grab.
Now that the Gallente have (again) taken the win... perhaps Heth should face some actual consequences for selling things he did not actually have.
Yuri Antollare
Moira.
#77 - 2014-09-02 10:11:24 UTC
Yogsoloth wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

Sorry, I'd have responded to this sooner but I've been away for the weekend.

It's a fair point but, no different than when I was a Gal and shot Minnies indiscriminately. It's pretty much a given that Gal's shoot Minnies and vice versa, most veteran corps in FW have an NBSI towards their allied faction, so there's no hypocracy in my actions.

I

Shooting allied militia in your own warzone = being a Minnie living in Gallente space shooting Gallente.

This should be good, did anyone let Adolf know about this line of defence?
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#78 - 2014-09-02 11:50:35 UTC
Yogsoloth wrote:
[quote=Crosi Wesdo]I'd also wager that you've shot and will continue to shoot most Minnies you come across. I'm just on the other side of the fence now.

You would lose that bet.

I fly with the assumption they are hostile and stay out of scram range, and engage if they yellow box me.
Milan Nantucket
Doomheim
#79 - 2014-09-02 13:00:48 UTC
Cearain wrote:
CCP said they couldn't promise another medal after the last time. But they never said they wouldn't give one.

Gallente should get another medal but no high five.

If the caldari take a system and gallente immediately snatch it back they should get the high five.

And if that keeps happening where caldari takes one system and gallente take it back they should get a high five each time.

Who should be on the receiving end of these high fives?

I think ccp fozzie but if he is too busy, then I say they should all get a high five from Ankhesentapemkah.

Because awesome!

Thats a lot of switching to do your your toons. I doubt ccp is going to give you a medal for knowing how to switch between calmil and gal mil.
Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#80 - 2014-09-03 12:30:18 UTC
100% of the systems captured (briefly)... but only Tier 3 and around 57-58% of warzone control.

You don't get medals and monuments for "halfway there" Blink

o/