These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

What Grinds your Gears in E.v.E.?

First post
Author
Thomas Hurt
Future Ventures
#1 - 2014-09-02 19:40:38 UTC
For me, it's when newbies try and PvP. Nothing grinds my gears more than a greenhorn newbie thinking they can just jump right into PvP in this game without first getting a few months of L4s/Incursions under their belt.
Torneach Structor
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-09-02 19:42:29 UTC
Thomas Hurt wrote:
For me, it's when newbies try and PvP. Nothing grinds my gears more than a greenhorn newbie thinking they can just jump right into PvP in this game without first getting a few months of L4s/Incursions under their belt.

*hopes for sarcasm*

*wishes there was a sarcasm font*
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#3 - 2014-09-02 19:46:52 UTC
It grills my cheese when people fail to understand how dangerous (not scary) AFK cloakers are, and how much they are wrecking the game for everyone. This will surely cause EVE to die.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#4 - 2014-09-02 19:49:14 UTC
Doc's Glorious hair, im super jelly
Thomas Hurt
Future Ventures
#5 - 2014-09-02 19:50:19 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

Same.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#6 - 2014-09-02 19:51:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury

Big smile

It took 4 cans of Aqua Net to set this baby!

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

TAKEMEOVER
Girls Love the Clock Heavy Industires
#7 - 2014-09-02 19:54:53 UTC
When you are out solo pvping and you come across some locals so you ask for a duel in something equal to what you are in. Usually some guy undocks in something overkill and shoots at you from the undock and spam duel invites you then goes on in local about how **** you are. Then he undocks in something not so overkill but by now there are 3 ishtars, a couple of battleships and maybe a carrier or two on the undock with him and he starts spamming duel invites and usually the whole lot spams local with "lol ******* noob u mad"
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#8 - 2014-09-02 19:58:27 UTC
What does it for me is when bullies use space ships with guns to shoot other people in space ships who chose not to have guns in this space ship with guns video game.

How dare they shoot other people just because it's allowed and fun to do in a video game? Don't they know that people work hard for their imaginary space money and just want to be left alone in the multiplayer game?

Bullies! Cool
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#9 - 2014-09-02 20:00:33 UTC
Used to be:

AFK cloakers used to bug me, not because I could not do stuff, but because when I ran my alliance I got tired of hearing my miners whine everyday about the guy in system. You can only says 'so change systems? or get a fleet and be ready to hunt and kill him?" so many times in a day before it annoys you

Fueling pos' but this has changed.

Now:

PI click fest, Is it that hard to make so I can set all my reactors to the same damn output with like a simple click?

Corp Roles: Non intuitive and a pita to setup.

PoS setup: still a pita.

Lack of mining content. I really wish they would add new things to mine.. like comets!

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Absolutely Not Analt
Carebears on Fire
#10 - 2014-09-02 20:01:37 UTC
I'll tell you what really chaps my cheeks - wind. Just howling down from Canada every winter like it owns the place. Nothing between here and there but the occasional stray moose. **** you wind! **** you for ruining my baby smooth skin! And **** Canada for letting it happen.

Eve is a multi player game. And you are the content. - Ralph King-Griffin Being meh at two things is not better than being great at one. - Lugh Crow-Slave

Vyktor Abyss
The Abyss Corporation
#11 - 2014-09-02 20:02:45 UTC
Idiots on comms.
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2014-09-02 20:05:48 UTC
People who complain about afk campers "preventing" them from playing. (Hint: If they're AFK they can't hurt you)

PI click fest. Don't really know how to streamline it, but I hope CCP comes up with something.

Null sec coalitions. We need more conflict and less buddy buddy nonsense.
Drago Shouna
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2014-09-02 20:13:29 UTC
Players whining because i'm doing what I enjoy doing.

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#14 - 2014-09-02 20:15:32 UTC
People believing the term "solo-play" allows for additional alt accounts and/or multiboxing.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#15 - 2014-09-02 20:33:30 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:

Big smile

You have hair....

Also not a patch on Cannibal Kanes glorious locks, they should have their own killboard.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#16 - 2014-09-02 20:40:17 UTC
People who spells EVE E.v.E., or Eve or some other wrong way.
Those people are the worst of the worst of terribly evil villains.

There are two right ways (EVE and EVE Online), and a few that are not aesthetically disastrous (EvE and EVEO for example).
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#17 - 2014-09-02 20:41:23 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

Big smile

You have hair....

Also not a patch on Cannibal Kanes glorious locks, they should have their own killboard.

do you remember when Kane utterly and immediately derailed one of de's threads by posting in it with slightly different hairBig smile,
everyone dropped their moral indignation the second someone noticed,
that hair has meta ganked
Hengle Teron
Rorquals Anonymous
#18 - 2014-09-02 20:44:21 UTC
what really annoys me are people complaining about stuff that really annoys them
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#19 - 2014-09-02 20:49:34 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

Big smile

You have hair....

do you remember when Kane utterly and immediately derailed one of de's threads by posting in it with slightly different hairBig smile,
everyone dropped their moral indignation the second someone noticed,
that hair has meta ganked
It was glorious Twisted

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#20 - 2014-09-02 20:51:15 UTC
Amarrr skulls? Sad
12Next page