These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

6 reasons you should boycott TMC

First post
Author
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-09-02 05:08:57 UTC
Posting in a TMC advertising thread started by a Goon alt.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Charax Bouclier
Silvershield Universal
#22 - 2014-09-02 05:09:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Charax Bouclier
Andski wrote:
Charax Bouclier wrote:
Useless? How so? A neutral consumer that is swayed by propaganda may be converted to a future friend or foe.

Yet despite all of the vitriol flung at our alliance on a daily basis, ~70-80% of our members are from the general EVE community and not from Something Awful.

From what I have seen in other games (too new to EVE to comment on your particulars), many sludge players simply gravitate to the most powerful group in the game. When you lose that power, the transients jump ship en masse.

Propaganda doesn't generally work well with these transient sludge players, but it is effective if you target it properly at higher value players to make them embarrassed to associate with their current affiliations.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#23 - 2014-09-02 05:09:58 UTC
Charax Bouclier wrote:
Derrick Miles wrote:
If you don't like the site you don't have to visit it. And I don't know if a few bigots posting hate speech makes an entire alliance rampantly homophobic and racist. But maybe I just don't have an obvious ax to grind.

It doesn't. That said, if hate speech goes unchecked and unpunished by leadership, then that's a pretty deplorable ship that you're running.

You honestly think this happens?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#24 - 2014-09-02 05:10:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
Charax Bouclier wrote:
It doesn't. That said, if hate speech goes unchecked and unpunished by leadership, then that's a pretty deplorable ship that you're running.

We don't have a toxic level of racism or homophobia in our alliance. We're actually pretty good at weeding out the unrepentant stormfront types from our membership, and it's a process that doesn't involve director action at all (we just troll them out because the stormfront types tend to be pretty thin-skinned, ironically)

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#25 - 2014-09-02 05:12:13 UTC
Biting dat bait like a mofo!

Invalid signature format

Charax Bouclier
Silvershield Universal
#26 - 2014-09-02 05:16:45 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Charax Bouclier wrote:
Derrick Miles wrote:
If you don't like the site you don't have to visit it. And I don't know if a few bigots posting hate speech makes an entire alliance rampantly homophobic and racist. But maybe I just don't have an obvious ax to grind.

You honestly think this happens?

I have no opinion on any particular corporation since it would be based on complete ignorance. I was merely saying that if a corporation/alliance has a "few bigots posting hate speech", I would condemn/not associate with the corporation/alliance if its leadership doesn't do anything about it.
Vyl Vit
#27 - 2014-09-02 05:35:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Vyl Vit
What's there to discuss? Were you stupid enough to let your browser hit a Goonrun website?
I guess now you know better...unless you actually registered and posted on it...THEN?
You may need treatment. I hope it's not too late. You did run a browser cleaner afterward?
Your browser has a better chance of not being scarred than do you, my friend.
Unless of course you ARE a Goon, ginning up your posting quota to please your masters....
In that case neither therapy, nor a strong cleaner will help you.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Tweek Etimua
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-09-02 06:00:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Tweek Etimua
Andski wrote:
Grrrr TMC wrote:
Sperging articles. So many sperging articles. Example? Every single traffic control. We wants news, not the opinion of raging homophobes.

Here's another example

Not related just hate the term Homophobe......Just cause you disagree with something doesn't mean you're afraid of it.

Carry on.

Edit: Bigot-: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Now hatred I understand to be a bad thing but minus the word hatred and you have 99.9% of the human race.

Just saying
Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
RONA Directorate
#29 - 2014-09-02 06:09:32 UTC
WTS Tin Foil hats!

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Harrison Tato
Yamato Holdings
#30 - 2014-09-02 06:14:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Harrison Tato
Wait, so it's Ok to hate "homophobes" and bigots? Thank goodness the cultural marxists have left us with someone to hate!
bacon lettuce tomato
#31 - 2014-09-02 06:19:13 UTC
I think now is the right time to remind everyone that 'homophobia' is a made up word and 'racism' is an oversimplification of not liking things that you don't like.
Tweek Etimua
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-09-02 06:24:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Tweek Etimua
bacon lettuce tomato wrote:
I think now is the right time to remind everyone that 'homophobia' is a made up word and 'racism' is an oversimplification of not liking things that you don't like.

Firstly Homophobia although "made up" uses existing words that have meanings and those meaning are not used in the new word. secondly "oversimplification of not liking things that you don't like" Is not racism. Although I don't think you typed what you meant.
Tweek Etimua
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-09-02 06:26:53 UTC
Tweek Etimua wrote:
bacon lettuce tomato wrote:

Firstly Homophobia although "made up" uses existing words that have meanings and those meaning are not used in the new word. What the word IS, is a proboganda tool to make people avoid disagreeing.
Secondly "oversimplification of not liking things that you don't like" Is not racism. Although I don't think you typed what you meant.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#34 - 2014-09-02 06:27:33 UTC
Quote:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Previous page12