These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Crius issues bugs etc.

First post First post First post
Author
umnikar
Fishbone Industries
#61 - 2014-08-06 13:54:52 UTC
umnikar wrote:
Lost a ship today and was able to loot it multible times while it still shows as wreck with content in space...

..have to correct it. I was killed before DT and looted the wreck. After DT the wreck was still shown as holding stuff but did not give any more loot - checked my Hangar. Sad
Kann Du
Embers Children
#62 - 2014-08-06 15:06:00 UTC
corbexx wrote:
i'll try get some more info on the above two.

can you please both put in bug reports about them with as much info as possible

Thanks, I logged a bug report already. Although this is the first day we've not had a C248 since Crius lunch. We will keep a close eye on how long they last. The current winner lasted from 10 am August 1st to some time last night.
Sto Lo
The Corporation of Noble Sentiments
#63 - 2014-08-13 13:15:12 UTC
I'm not getting any dynamics nor am I getting any anoms in my c3 since i've cleared them. Just stuck with my static.
minx1
Salamander Researches And Industries
#64 - 2014-08-15 07:37:52 UTC
Max Kolonko wrote:
Reverse enginering show me that i have 82 percent chance of success for intact hull section

It have 40% base (as shown in tooltip (-60%))

and have all skills to 5. Formula should be acorning to the http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/eve_math.php and many other sources:
Quote:
Reverse_Chance = Base_Chance * (1 + (0.01 * Reverse_Engineering_Skill_Level)) * (1 + (0.1 * (Datacore_1_Skill_Level + Datacore_2_Skill_Level)))

So:
Reverse Chance = 40% * (1 + (0,01 * 5)) * (1 + (0,1 * (5 + 5))) = 40% * 1,05 * 2 = 84%

ofc the formula available on the net may not be acurate, but can You check this one out?

this is the correct formula for you

R.E.Chance=base chance*(1+0.01*RE SKILL)*1+(datacore skill+datacore skill)

at all level 5 and using intact

0.40*(1+0.01*5+0.1*(5+5))

82% chance and 16% fail

Valenthe de Celine
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2014-08-19 16:31:47 UTC
Are the current audio issues with USB headsets from before Crius, or was this a Crius related change? Currently, when opening the game prior to plugging in a USB headset, the game audio crashes, producing a sequential set of tones similar to feedback, and completely obscuring or replacing all audio from the game. If multiple clients are running, the feedback does seem to for each client, and only when they are closed does it resolve. I have heard several other USB headset users are experiencing this same issue.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#66 - 2014-08-27 23:50:04 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Jumped through a hole tonight, into a fleet that suddenly grew a little more than expected, nicely done Guys, GF

However I Might have had a chance of survival if after jumping back out, my overview had actually showed me the ships that were firing on me rather than the ships in the hole I had just apparently left?
Because it seemed to jump me right back in? Which is of course impossible due to polarisationShockedRoll

It is somewhat confusing when the entire client is lying to you, and you are left puzzling what the hell is going on?

Or have CCP introduced an undocumented "fog of war feature?"

Anyone else had the same or similar experience, I have naturally reported it, but I was wondering If I had gone completely insane, or the overview had ?

But either way GF and well done, you got a well deserved kill, look forward to meeting you again, hopefully with a working client.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Valenthe de Celine
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2014-08-30 10:39:29 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Jumped through a hole tonight, into a fleet that suddenly grew a little more than expected, nicely done Guys, GF

However I Might have had a chance of survival if after jumping back out, my overview had actually showed me the ships that were firing on me rather than the ships in the hole I had just apparently left?
Because it seemed to jump me right back in? Which is of course impossible due to polarisationShockedRoll

It is somewhat confusing when the entire client is lying to you, and you are left puzzling what the hell is going on?

Anyone else had the same or similar experience, I have naturally reported it, but I was wondering If I had gone completely insane, or the overview had ?

But either way GF and well done, you got a well deserved kill, look forward to meeting you again, hopefully with a working client.

Yesterday I had an interesting "lag" incident appear.

I was in a scanning Cov-ops, PI interface window open, and I logged out. I changed to another character, and after my login was complete some of the windows on my screen were showing data from the previous character on the same account. I closed the game client and reopened it via the launcher. With the new client open my PI planets were showing the ones from the previous character. It updated not after closing and reopening the PI interface window, but after I viewed a planet in planet mode. I was extremely confused as one planet that should have been there was evidently missing for over a minute despite session changes and window closure and reopening. Closing and reopening a window has resolved crashes to the hanger or cargohold window, as welll as some sticking associated with some camera features that apparently crash during alt-tab use.

Coupled with what epicurus has stated, I suspect there is an error causing the client to not be updated as session changes occur, such as normally happens with a gate jump or when logging in. This is extremely alarming.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#68 - 2014-09-01 15:53:17 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Valenthe de Celine wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Yesterday I had an interesting "lag" incident appear.

I was in a scanning Cov-ops, PI interface window open, and I logged out. I changed to another character, and after my login was complete some of the windows on my screen were showing data from the previous character on the same account. I closed the game client and reopened it via the launcher. With the new client open my PI planets were showing the ones from the previous character. It updated not after closing and reopening the PI interface window, but after I viewed a planet in planet mode. I was extremely confused as one planet that should have been there was evidently missing for over a minute despite session changes and window closure and reopening. Closing and reopening a window has resolved crashes to the hanger or cargohold window, as welll as some sticking associated with some camera features that apparently crash during alt-tab use.

Coupled with what epicurus has stated, I suspect there is an error causing the client to not be updated as session changes occur, such as normally happens with a gate jump or when logging in. This is extremely alarming.

Well I petitioned it as a loss, I did not want to do a bug report, as it is somewhat hard to do that as you are dying.
If it happens again please send a bug report, but it is a bit hard to tell the bugs from the features at the moment.Roll

And yes my experience could definitely be described as somewhat alarming.ShockedBig smile

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Grimmtekk
Fatal.Freelance
#69 - 2014-09-01 20:21:58 UTC
Seeing some serious issues with C3 site spawning. We have had only 2 combat sites spawn since Crius release. Relics/data/gas are no better. have had 1 data, 1 relic, and no gas. The only thing I'm seeing is usually our Highsec static and a few other WH's. It's one thing to increase the connections to WH space w/ more WH's but this lack of sites is seriously harming our business model and we may de-anchor our POS if this stuff isn't sorted.
Viscis Breeze
Abrupt Decay
#70 - 2014-09-05 16:14:08 UTC
Grimmtekk wrote:
Seeing some serious issues with C3 site spawning. We have had only 2 combat sites spawn since Crius release. Relics/data/gas are no better. have had 1 data, 1 relic, and no gas. The only thing I'm seeing is usually our Highsec static and a few other WH's. It's one thing to increase the connections to WH space w/ more WH's but this lack of sites is seriously harming our business model and we may de-anchor our POS if this stuff isn't sorted.

I don't think anyone lives in C3 space any more. That might explain why the sites are not cycling. :tinfoilhat:

Recruitment: http://bit.ly/1r4G5Pv Website: http://www.no-vacancies.net/ Channel: No Vacancies

osgi
Violence is the Answer
Wormhole Society
#71 - 2014-09-14 18:26:46 UTC  |  Edited by: osgi
Prikazchik wrote:
wormhole sites now have a small chance of spawning on top of previously spawned sites it seems

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=361926&find=unread

on 2014.09.12 I bookmarked our c4 static (x877), noting its signature ID in the bm. Yesterday the signature was still there, at the same bm but the wh system on the other side had changed. Today, same thing. Yesterday's hole was eol at 07:15 and yet the sig was still there at 18:00, at the same bm location but with a different wh system on the other side.
umnikar
Fishbone Industries
#72 - 2014-09-14 18:48:55 UTC
osgi wrote:
Prikazchik wrote:
wormhole sites now have a small chance of spawning on top of previously spawned sites it seems

on 2014.09.12 I bookmarked our c4 static (x877), noting its signature ID in the bm. Yesterday the signature was still there, at the same bm but the wh system on the other side had changed. Today, same thing. Yesterday's hole was eol at 07:15 and yet the sig was still there at 18:00, at the same bm location but with a different wh system on the other side.

I saw the same behavior a couple of days ago.
Pro TIps
Doomheim
#73 - 2014-09-15 01:35:59 UTC
osgi wrote:
Prikazchik wrote:

That happens to us also (different type of static) and we think it happens every time the wormhole is scheduled to collapse during downtime. I never reported it as we just kinda got used to it. This has definitely happened BEFORE Hyperion; it is not a new issue. I think also before Crius but not 100% sure.

Also lately we have seen our static have the same signature ID but move as normal. So the hole will collapse and a new one will open in a different place, to a different neighboring system; but the ID doesn't change. It has been that way for at least a few days. This is annoying but we leave a scout on it if we are doing something, so we can notice if it moves w/o relying on the sig. I never saw this happen before Hyperion.