These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

The Backyard

Author
Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2014-08-31 14:02:51 UTC
Leopold Caine wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:

Skarkon's still shite. I think the Republic abandoned it already. It only gets worse every time I go back for family gatherings.

You Republicans might already give it up and let us run things there. You know, for the sake of your so precious democracy. People did have their say in it, after all.

We haven't had a Democracy for quite some time now though. It's all Tribal Assembly now.

Also, I won't call myself a Republican.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#22 - 2014-08-31 15:30:55 UTC
Thank you to all who have replied so far. I'll respond to a few here:

Anslo wrote:
Can you not **** up my backyard? You seemed kind of cool but now I'm like wait what?

I'm curious as to how you see this operation "******* up" "your" backyard.

Evelyn Meiyi wrote:
It's the kind of military force that tries to prevent entry by a hostile force, rather than chasing interlopers through dozens of systems after-the-fact.

The best way to keep someone out is to not let them enter in the first place.

Worthless tactics. Cloaked T3s, stealth bombers, even some frigates are easily fast enough to cross the borders without trouble. Preventing all entry is impossible. Regular patrols through the systems is a far more effective way of dealing with such interlopers.

Elmund Egivand wrote:
There's little profit and glory to be had patrolling the backlines, so they all go to the front.

I would tend to disagree. The protection of the rear lines is one of the most important jobs in a military force. As for profit, defensively plexing gains loyalty points the last time I checked, and the destruction of Amarrian vessels rewards the same. Not to mention the loot that can be earned from such targets.

Karynn Denton wrote:
Welcome to Metropolis, Archangel!

There are several Thukker stations in the region, each has a Katanga caravanserai that will welcome Cartel pilots.

Good hunting!

Thank you for the welcome Miss. Denton. Allow me to extend an offer in return; Should you ever find yourself in The Forge, I would be delighted to host you in our Otosela office.

Diana Kim wrote:
I'd say, that the Empire has cleaned these systems from tribal presence in space.

Remind me how many warzone systems the Caldari hold?

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#23 - 2014-08-31 15:31:55 UTC
Oh yes, I almost forgot:

Leopold Caine wrote:
And don't let emotions of nostalgia regarding your previous employment history get to you.

We may share an employer Caine, but don't be fooled into thinking that gives you a right to give me emotional advice.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2014-08-31 15:55:22 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:

Elmund Egivand wrote:
There's little profit and glory to be had patrolling the backlines, so they all go to the front.

I would tend to disagree. The protection of the rear lines is one of the most important jobs in a military force. As for profit, defensively plexing gains loyalty points the last time I checked, and the destruction of Amarrian vessels rewards the same. Not to mention the loot that can be earned from such targets.

Unless the TLF has changed the payout scheme, D-plexing rewards far less than O-plexing unless the system where you D-plex in is heavily contested. Even then, you still won't be getting more than 75% of what you can from O-plexing. On the other hand, O-plex payout has no such dependency.

Also, no glory from destroying baseliner Amarr vessels, truth be told. I used to go after capsuleers.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#25 - 2014-08-31 16:17:30 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Kalaratiri wrote:

Elmund Egivand wrote:

Unless the TLF has changed the payout scheme, D-plexing rewards far less than O-plexing unless the system where you D-plex in is heavily contested. Even then, you still won't be getting more than 75% of what you can from O-plexing. On the other hand, O-plex payout has no such dependency.

Also, no glory from destroying baseliner Amarr vessels, truth be told. I used to go after capsuleers.

I'm not talking about baseliner vessels. Destroying 24th capsuleers earns TLF loyalty points. You are correct that offensive plexing is more valuable, monetarily at least, but that does not remove the tactical sense of regularly running defensive plexes.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#26 - 2014-08-31 17:44:18 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:

Remind me how many warzone systems the Caldari hold?

Two. Soon will be more.
Caldari always return.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2014-09-01 01:03:43 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Kalaratiri wrote:

Elmund Egivand wrote:

I'm not talking about baseliner vessels. Destroying 24th capsuleers earns TLF loyalty points. You are correct that offensive plexing is more valuable, monetarily at least, but that does not remove the tactical sense of regularly running defensive plexes.

But remember. Privateers and freebooters. It's all about isk. I am no exception, truth be told. Okay, fine, I was really in it for an opportunity to build up combat experience.

Previous page12