These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

The Backyard

Author
Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#1 - 2014-08-30 01:23:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Kalaratiri
At 22:30 on the 29th, two pilots, including myself, of Utopian Research I.E.L. caught a 24th Imperial Crusade Tengu operating unimpeded in Todifraun. This is a system in the Metropolis region on the border with the Forge, and one of the last systems in the region officially recognized as a part of the Empyrean Wars.

After the destruction of this pilot's Tengu, I decided to patrol deeper into the warzone. I made it through 22 jumps, inspecting every system between Todifraun and Eszur before seeing a single Matari Militia pilot undocked and active. In the same period, I saw 15 Amarr militia pilots across 13 of the 22 systems. As a previously long serving member of the Tribal Liberation Force, having attained the rank of Matar Colonel, this negligence disgusts me.

To the pilots of the TLF, I ask this; Is it up to the pilots of the Cartel to protect your backyard? Where is your rearguard? I know well enough that there is one, I was part of it for several years. What sort of military force places so much emphasis on the front lines that they totally ignore their own territory?

I will be performing this same patrol, from Todifraun to Eszur, whenever I am available for the immediate future. I invite the pilots of the TLF to prove my contempt misplaced and show a little tactical acumen. For every TLF pilot I see in these systems undocked and active, I shall attempt to collect the corpse of a 24th Crusade pilot in the same region. These corpses will be presented to the group I see the most regularly once I feel the Crusader's presence to have been sufficiently lowered.

I expect to see you in space,

Archangel Kalaratiri Saskia.

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Anslo
Scope Works
#2 - 2014-08-30 02:34:13 UTC
Can you not **** up my backyard? You seemed kind of cool but now I'm like wait what?

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Evelyn Meiyi
Corvidae Trading and Holding
#3 - 2014-08-30 03:28:32 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:

To the pilots of the TLF, I ask this; Is it up to the pilots of the Cartel to protect your backyard? Where is your rearguard? I know well enough that there is one, I was part of it for several years. What sort of military force places so much emphasis on the front lines that they totally ignore their own territory?
I w

I am not a military pilot, but I feel that I can answer this:

It's the kind of military force that tries to prevent entry by a hostile force, rather than chasing interlopers through dozens of systems after-the-fact.

The best way to keep someone out is to not let them enter in the first place.
Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-08-30 04:16:57 UTC
But they have already entered.

Can't speak for the Cal-Gal front but the TLF militia, as of current, are made out of privateers and freebooters rather than loyalists, with their eye on profit and personal glory. There's little profit and glory to be had patrolling the backlines, so they all go to the front. It's been this way the past two years I had my carte blanche to operate and despoil those the TLF labelled as the enemy.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Karynn Denton
Lekhantsi Salvage Depot
#5 - 2014-08-30 07:26:32 UTC
Welcome to Metropolis, Archangel!

There are several Thukker stations in the region, each has a Katanga caravanserai that will welcome Cartel pilots.

Good hunting!

Karynn Denton

Caravan Master

Arista Shahni
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2014-08-30 11:24:55 UTC
From a null perspective:

Not everyone is a hunter.

From a null perspective, huntrs are useful, and need not be eveyone.

So, one's 'negligence' seems to be your niche.

"I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each one of you - so the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.  And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree, so the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all."

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#7 - 2014-08-30 12:26:16 UTC
I'd say, that the Empire has cleaned these systems from tribal presence in space.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#8 - 2014-08-30 12:30:21 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:
... Is it up to the pilots of the Cartel to protect your backyard?

Of course not.

Let Republic's negligence be their own downfall and look after your own matters. And don't let emotions of nostalgia regarding your previous employment history get to you.

If that might be problematic, keep in mind it's the Republic Fleet who's constantly throwing their auxiliary wings into suicide missions in our own backyard in Curse.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Kucial Ghavera
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-08-30 13:21:59 UTC
The Republic has never cared about its backyard. It treats it as a dark alley that they would prefer to pretend does not exist.
Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#10 - 2014-08-30 14:13:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Leopold Caine
Kucial Ghavera wrote:
The Republic has never cared about its backyard. It treats it as a dark alley that they would prefer to pretend does not exist.

Not like we're complaining, really.

Angels are never far...

Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#11 - 2014-08-30 14:48:08 UTC
There is a lot of wankery in here.

Oh, Leo's here, with his short bus... that's why.

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#12 - 2014-08-30 15:28:06 UTC
Short bus, Ms. Starfire?
As a short civilian transport ship?..
Why short?

Jinari Otsito
Otsito Mining and Manufacture
#13 - 2014-08-30 18:05:28 UTC
What's a bus?

Prime Node. Ask me about augmentation.

Alba Miri
Ishtirak d'Hanguest
#14 - 2014-08-30 18:07:55 UTC
Kucial Ghavera wrote:
What is the difference between the Republic's backyard and its front garden then? But I think what the Republic does is not the question here, this is about capsuleers, the TLF, U'K and likeminded groups. But Mister Egivand has put it right already: privateers and freebooters.

Kalaratiri wrote:
At 22:30 on the 29th, two pilots, including myself, of Utopian Research I.E.L. caught a 21st Imperial Crusade Tengu operating unimpeded in Todifraun.
I know it is sophistry, but the times of the 21st Imperial Crusade have long passed...
Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#15 - 2014-08-30 18:18:57 UTC
Alba Miri wrote:

Kalaratiri wrote:
At 22:30 on the 29th, two pilots, including myself, of Utopian Research I.E.L. caught a 21st Imperial Crusade Tengu operating unimpeded in Todifraun.
I know it is sophistry, but the times of the 21st Imperial Crusade have long passed...

You are of course correct. A minor memory failure on my part. Edited the OP.

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#16 - 2014-08-31 00:14:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Leopold Caine
Ava Starfire wrote:

Here's a hint, improve your infrastructure and I won't have to feel as awkward when I get a table sooner than any of the tribal liberation force in Hofjaldgund.

I'd mention Skarkon, but that would just be impolite, hm?

Angels are never far...

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2014-08-31 01:48:41 UTC
Leopold Caine wrote:
Ava Starfire wrote:

Here's a hint, improve your infrastructure and I won't have to feel as awkward when I get a table sooner than any of the tribal liberation force in Hofjaldgund.

I'd mention Skarkon, but that would just be impolite, hm?

Skarkon's still shite. I think the Republic abandoned it already. It only gets worse every time I go back for family gatherings.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Kucial Ghavera
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2014-08-31 02:16:23 UTC
Ava Starfire wrote:

Does this make me the short bus? I am honored.
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#19 - 2014-08-31 07:43:27 UTC
Kucial Ghavera wrote:
Ava Starfire wrote:

Does this make me the short bus? I am honored.

Can you transport a lot of civilians then?

Or, I don't wish to sound as ignorant as Ms. Otsito of course, but if not a transport, then what did Ms. Starfire mean? Information transport maybe? And short, because the information is delivered faster (however I doubt that a minmatar would use a word for high-technology or information reference).

Besides the word "bus" is well know (disregarding peoples as Ms. Otsito), the real mystery here is the word "wankery".
Maybe it is something that was this bus delivering. But what exactly is this? Maybe Mr. Ghavera was delivering these "wankery" goods? Minmatar native good? Or was them peoples?...

Minmatars sometimes are so hard to understand!

Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#20 - 2014-08-31 12:51:22 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:

Skarkon's still shite. I think the Republic abandoned it already. It only gets worse every time I go back for family gatherings.

You Republicans might already give it up and let us run things there. You know, for the sake of your so precious democracy. People did have their say in it, after all.

Angels are never far...

12Next page