These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Fix Hulk and Mackinaw

Author
Nikolas March
Federation of Ancient Mariners
Tinker's and Zed's Alliance
#1 - 2014-08-28 07:37:37 UTC
i still miss my Hulk, it should have been the Exhumer with the largest ore bay as thats how the majority of the miners used it, the Mackinaw was always known as the dedicated ice miners ship due to its increased ice yield, that should have been the Yield ship.

the hulk has always been the 'big mining ship', i miss the look of being out at a field n seeing all 3 strips on roids

This is how it should have been...

Hulk = normal yield, increased ore bay, reduced tank
Mack = incresead yield, reduced ore bay, normal tank
Skiff = reduced yield, increased tank, normal ore bay

also i think the skiff is tanked up too much, and this is coming from a miner who has lost mining ships in hulkageddon, its all part of the fun!
Lord Amaterasu
Aves Autem Obumbratio
#2 - 2014-08-28 11:42:28 UTC
Nikolas March wrote:
i still miss my Hulk, it should have been the Exhumer with the largest ore bay as thats how the majority of the miners used it, the Mackinaw was always known as the dedicated ice miners ship due to its increased ice yield, that should have been the Yield ship.

the hulk has always been the 'big mining ship', i miss the look of being out at a field n seeing all 3 strips on roids

also i think the skiff is tanked up too much, and this is coming from a miner who has lost mining ships in hulkageddon, its all part of the fun!

I like my hulk just fine with its 29 km mining range.

Long live the Empress Catiz of Amarr!!

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#3 - 2014-08-28 13:24:39 UTC
Nikolas March wrote:

From the standpoint of "Hey, maybe the biggest barge hull should hold the most ore", your proposal makes perfect sense and would maintain the rough balance of "The highest yield barge shall not also be the tankiest nor have the most capacity."

However, CCP has decreed that the Covetor/Hulk shall be the kings of yield, not capacity, so, sadly, your proposal will likely never happen. For now, you'll have to be content with the increased range and speed, both of which are nice.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Kyoko Onzo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-08-28 13:54:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Kyoko Onzo
I don't miss my hulk at all. The Orca that tractors in my cans or my own DST that picks up my 2 cans at a time seem to have a big enough capacity. It still tanks belt rats well enough till my drones eat em up (or my combat toon shows up)
PhatController
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-08-28 14:39:53 UTC
Lord Amaterasu wrote:
Nikolas March wrote:

I like my hulk just fine with its 29 km mining range.

I like my hulk just fine with its 44 km mining range.
Nikolas March
#6 - 2014-08-28 18:57:23 UTC
well the thing is thats the way it used to be, before the revamp of the barges and exhumers there was no ore bay, and the hulk was the ship that, with cargo expanders, had the biggest cargo bay :D

strip range has nothng to do with being a hulk specifically, u would get that on a mack or skiff too with orca boosts :D
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-08-28 19:27:52 UTC
Nikolas March wrote:
strip range has nothng to do with being a hulk specifically, u would get that on a mack or skiff too with orca boosts :D

Mining Barge bonuses (per skill level):
5% bonus to Strip Miner and Ice Harvester range
Nikolas March
#8 - 2014-08-28 21:05:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Nikolas March
i stand corrected, been a while since i saw the hulk info, but that bonus would be on the mack if the mack and hulk were switched round so u would still get the range :D

so my original post is incorrect as i was unaware the +strip yield on the hulk was replaced with +range and - duration,

basically i want the Hulk renamed n 3D model switched to the mack and vice versa plus altering the strip miner bonus to reflect 2 or 3 strips... sadly i know it wont happen lol
Ginger Barbarella
#9 - 2014-08-28 22:41:33 UTC
... and??

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-08-28 22:47:27 UTC
Nikolas March wrote:
basically i want the Hulk renamed n 3D model switched to the mack and vice versa

I don't think CCP will do this but it never hurts to ask.

I find the Procurer is the best choice. The small ore bay is one downside but this isn't an issue with an Orca or MTU. The upside is the tank wards off most gankers.
PhatController
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-08-29 14:24:53 UTC
Nikolas March wrote:
i stand corrected, been a while since i saw the hulk info, but that bonus would be on the mack if the mack and hulk were switched round so u would still get the range :D

so my original post is incorrect as i was unaware the +strip yield on the hulk was replaced with +range and - duration,

basically i want the Hulk renamed n 3D model switched to the mack and vice versa plus altering the strip miner bonus to reflect 2 or 3 strips... sadly i know it wont happen lol

But why switch them? there is just no point other then for your satisfaction? Hulk being the largest with 3 strips as it need the extra size to support and extra laser.
Horus H'kaan
Grand Theft Enyo
#12 - 2014-08-29 15:34:12 UTC
Nikolas March wrote:
...and this is coming from a miner who has lost mining ships in hulkageddon, its all part of the fun!

This miner. I like him. ANOTHER!

I'm in your mission, stealin' your loots.

Nikolas March
#13 - 2014-08-29 20:57:57 UTC
IIshira wrote:
Nikolas March wrote:
basically i want the Hulk renamed n 3D model switched to the mack and vice versa

I don't think CCP will do this but it never hurts to ask.

I find the Procurer is the best choice. The small ore bay is one downside but this isn't an issue with an Orca or MTU. The upside is the tank wards off most gankers.

maybe if i got a few thousand signatures on a petition.... but thats too much effort, i will adapt :D

the Barges are a lot stronger now as the rig and low slots can be used for extra tank instead of increasing the size of the cargo bays as was done back in the day :D
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2014-08-29 23:05:25 UTC
All I'm taking away from the OP is that he wants them to change the names of the hulk and mack, which has got to be the dumbest complaint I have ever seen on these forums.

And that's saying something.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#15 - 2014-08-30 17:21:32 UTC
They buffed the **** out of mining as a profession and nerfed the **** out of mission running to further buff mining, HTFU and deal with it.

If you cant make it work you're not trying at all.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Helena Tiberius Mabata
Doomheim
#16 - 2014-08-30 18:11:23 UTC
IF you are mining in a delicious Hulk It would be criminal of me to not warn you that so long as you venture into New Order Territory to retrieve your ore you are required to be in possesion of a valid 1 year permit to avoid any accidents. We take care of our own, if your CODE Compliant you have nothing to fear, but if your not then there will come a time where you must suffer bushido by the blaster.
Rabe Raptor
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#17 - 2014-08-30 21:54:04 UTC
Hulks and Macks don't need buffs; skiffs need nerfs imo. That said, buy a permit for maximum tankability.

Together we can make Highsec a better place! www.lawofhighsec.com

Read it, share it, learn it, quote it, memorize it,  live it, breathe it!

Nikolas March
#18 - 2014-09-12 06:09:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Nikolas March
Rabe Raptor wrote:
Hulks and Macks don't need buffs; skiffs need nerfs imo. That said, buy a permit for maximum tankability.

i agree totally, infact macks could do with a small tank nerf too, then maybe hulkageddon would come back Big smile

Rabe Raptor wrote:
That said, buy a permit for maximum tankability.

i disagree with this
Sister Bertrille
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#19 - 2014-09-12 14:06:40 UTC
Skiff tank is fine but needs another high slot.
Hulks and Macks need a tank buff.

Mining permits are a scam.
Dont buy them.
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2014-09-12 14:23:01 UTC
Sister Bertrille wrote:
Mining permits are a scam.
Dont buy them.

Better yet, gank anyone who has purchased one. As punishment for seeking to mine safely in hisec.
12Next page