These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Did server just hiccup?

Author
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#21 - 2014-08-29 13:26:19 UTC
Booted (Socked Closed) three times in the last 10 minutes... as usual, after any amount of "patches" on a 3rd-rate launcher cobbled together from someone's notes on a bar napkin...

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

SpaceAlien Fan
Galactic Space Contracting And Holdings Inc
#22 - 2014-08-29 13:27:42 UTC
Its not internet routing issues. Its definitely a DDOS attack 11k outa 12k players going down isn't internet issues. Also last times we had DDOs the login screen goes from online to unknown. (if server is up can be bypassed with bin/exefile)
Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#23 - 2014-08-29 13:33:42 UTC
SpaceAlien Fan wrote:
Its not internet routing issues.

Sticky says otherwise. Lol
gem killer
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2014-08-29 13:37:09 UTC
This gives me time to look other mmo's out there... thanks CCP
Budrick3
Moira.
#25 - 2014-08-29 13:37:25 UTC
SpaceAlien Fan wrote:
Its not internet routing issues. Its definitely a DDOS attack 11k outa 12k players going down isn't internet issues. Also last times we had DDOs the login screen goes from online to unknown. (if server is up can be bypassed with bin/exefile)

Not a DDOS or CCP would have said so on their twitter page.

This is what they currently have up.

Quote:
We're currently having a few issues in our datacenter in London that are causing connection problems for NA players. Working on a fix!

https://twitter.com/EVE_status
Ms Forum Alt
Doomheim
#26 - 2014-08-29 13:38:58 UTC
SpaceAlien Fan wrote:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but here's what I imagine is going on, somewhere in London:

A group of Chinese "hackers" (actually working for the military) unplugged the UK's internet from the NSA switch box and plugged it into their own, to route traffic to Chinese servers hosted in Russia via a relay on the moon. On discovering this GCHQ sent someone to unplug the Chinese military's connection and plug it back into the NSAs. Unfortunately he will be discovered packed into a small sports bag in a few weeks time.

Coincidentally the terror attack threat has been increased to "severe" here in the UK, to coincide with the defection of an MP from the governing party to another party.

I'm not at all cynical.

SpaceAlien Fan
#27 - 2014-08-29 13:41:27 UTC
Correction what I meant to say is not a routing issue on players end. it may be their isp/connection but certainly not mine.
SpaceAlien Fan
#28 - 2014-08-29 13:43:08 UTC
Ms Forum Alt wrote:
SpaceAlien Fan wrote:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but here's what I imagine is going on, somewhere in London:

A group of Chinese "hackers" (actually working for the military) unplugged the UK's internet from the NSA switch box and plugged it into their own, to route traffic to Chinese servers hosted in Russia via a relay on the moon. On discovering this GCHQ sent someone to unplug the Chinese military's connection and plug it back into the NSAs. Unfortunately he will be discovered packed into a small sports bag in a few weeks time.

Coincidentally the terror attack threat has been increased to "severe" here in the UK, to coincide with the defection of an MP from the governing party to another party.

I'm not at all cynical.

Whats it matter anyways in a few months ISIS will control the world and there won't be any freedom or video games due to sharia law.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#29 - 2014-08-29 13:47:42 UTC
SpaceAlien Fan wrote:
Correction what I meant to say is not a routing issue on players end. it may be their isp/connection but certainly not mine.

I can surf the Net just fine... and my ISP is as giddy as a teenage girl in a mall with daddy's platinum card.... but the game server is choking on it's own vomit.... again. Evil

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Ms Forum Alt
Doomheim
#30 - 2014-08-29 14:19:04 UTC
SpaceAlien Fan wrote:

Whats it matter anyways in a few months ISIS will control the world and there won't be any freedom or video games due to sharia law.

Wrong. Goat simulator will be allowed.
Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#31 - 2014-08-29 15:42:16 UTC
I approve of OP name/portrait.
Previous page12