These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

HUGE lag but not in other games

Author
K1RTH G3RS3N
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-08-27 12:47:19 UTC
Looking for any help or possible fixes for this.
I just resubbed eve and its basically unplayable.
Firstly its not a hardware issue, the game runs smooth when there isnt anything to load and the fps is always stable, and i have no problems with other games.
I have opened a ticket a few days ago and been ignored.
basically it can take up to 5mins for the game to load up. 30secs - 2mins to show character info on someone, the same for opening my own skill tree, 30seconds - several minutes to buy something in the market, using the search function forget about it.... etc etc. i was in amarr doing some shopping and basically gave up, my spare time to game spent on waiting for sell orders to load.
i get 300ms ping with the server so that doesnt explain it either.
any help will be HUGELY appreciated.
thanks
Kirth
K1RTH G3RS3N
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-08-28 10:01:57 UTC
any ideas anyone?
Lil' Brudder Too
Pistols for Pandas
#3 - 2014-08-28 13:08:47 UTC
It could just be the pipe that nearly all of our providers are using to get those final few steps to CCP's servers. The same reason some of us get an inordinate number of socket disconnects as well. Or something got corrupt in your Eve client maybe. I'd try loading it up a few more times with PC reboot's in between to narrow down what it might be. If it is still doing it, try a "repair" of the client. Other than that, i blame Tuxford.
K1RTH G3RS3N
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-08-28 23:29:38 UTC
oh yeh the socket closed, i get that alot too, even multiple times on one disconnect (ie come back to client while auto piloting and says socket closed three times lol)
Demonfist
New Eden Capsuleer College
Higher Education
#5 - 2014-08-29 00:03:02 UTC
not sure if it's lag or the game freezing but i can pick a character and it just stops after that. might be related.

eBil Tycoon > we're more like megacapitalistic psychotic space cowboys with raging epeens and 3% real girls.

K1RTH G3RS3N
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-08-31 02:16:49 UTC
havnt learned anything from my own research and limited tech knowledge, my support ticket still ignored.....
Jack Morrison
Team Liquid crp.
#7 - 2014-09-03 13:25:40 UTC
Any chance you could test another internet connection (neighbor's wlan, mobile broadband) ?

Looking for a group to pew with ? Have a chat with me.