These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Sooo... where's the rest of the Hype clothes?

Author
Yourmoney Mywallet
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-08-28 23:29:12 UTC
In Hyperion we were promised a whole slew of new clothes and accessories. Some of them made into the NES, some of them didn't.

When can we expect the rest of the dresses, hairpieces, pantyhose and such?
Adunh Slavy
#2 - 2014-08-29 00:01:00 UTC
"where's the rest of the Hype clothes"

Freud

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2014-08-29 00:01:23 UTC

Hi YMMW, I think there was some discussion about this in this thread:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=369071

I think most color variations and some styles are on an unknown "slow release" cycle. I noticed you added your support to my small request.. thank you for that.

I think it is good to let CCP know that there are players who appreciate what CCP devs are working on for character customization. Hopefully their marketing guys see the same thing..

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Solecist Project
#4 - 2014-08-29 00:18:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Working on it.

Also what the precious one said.

Things take time.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Yourmoney Mywallet
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-08-29 05:51:07 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
Hi YMMW, I think there was some discussion about this in this thread:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=369071

I think most color variations and some styles are on an unknown "slow release" cycle. I noticed you added your support to my small request.. thank you for that.

I think it is good to let CCP know that there are players who appreciate what CCP devs are working on for character customization. Hopefully their marketing guys see the same thing..

Thanks for that link. I hope the rest of the new stuff makes it into the game sooner rather than later; as well as all the other stuff thats been unreleased for literally years now.
Adunh Slavy wrote:
"where's the rest of the Hype clothes"

Freud

Where I'm from everyone's middle name is Sigmund. Way honest.
Solecist Project
#6 - 2014-08-29 05:54:23 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
If you lot were actually helpfull, things would move forward much faster.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#7 - 2014-08-29 06:02:13 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Working on it.

Also what the precious one said.

Things take time.

Well if anyone is working on it, Sol is.

If we all really want more options, or options at a quicker release schedule, then many of us could probably put in more time to contribute.

Something I should probably do.
Yourmoney Mywallet
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-08-29 06:03:50 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
If you lot were actually helpfull, things would move forward much faster.

If you had at least given me a Like I might overlook the fact you bought a latte in a Kaffeehaus! Blink
Solecist Project
#9 - 2014-08-29 06:14:36 UTC
Thanks Scips.

And where else would I buy coffee ...
... than were coffee is being sold for hundreds of years? :/

Sigh... I am so bad at telling people to follow and listen ...
.... but I am great at insulting all you scrubs and getting **** done. ^_^

And these threads need to die. Especially the other one made by that
screaming 14 year old ego driven wannabe. Hurts more than it helps!

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2014-08-30 00:32:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibyyl
I might be stating the obvious, but let me write down some thoughts anyway. This is not directed at anyone specific, especially not you Sol. This is a statement to everybody.

• I think it's beneficial to narrow the scope. Asking for "moar stuff" may be a bit too general. Instead, let's come up with a small number of things which will satisfy the most people.

• I see this in threads like this a lot.. people either lose their cool, or they make backhanded remarks about CCP or what CCP may (not) have done in the past. I think this kind of attitude detracts from the effectiveness of the request. Whenever you insult somebody, they shut down and they stop listening. It's not worth it. Be clear, but drop the attitude.

• Sol and I have been communicating off and on for months. I'm not lying when I say she has triggered every frustration circuit in my brain because of how she may communicate sometimes.

• But here is the thing.. we're all players in the most complicated MMO in existence which allows us to play out some of our darkest fantasies in player vs. player interaction. We all have our own personal deficiencies in communication. Get over it, and put your eyes on the discussion at hand. In case it's not obvious.. Sol gets things done. She is effective.

In my opinion you see a LOT of abrasive things on GD.. posts by myself and Sol included.. but what's important is the discussion itself. If you are still confused, look at Scipio's sig.

We are hear to talk about character creator and the elements around it. Let's not discuss anything else.

• Do not make these kinds of discussions about WiS. I assure you, you will be fought tooth and nail until you stop derailing. WiS is dead and we need to exorcise those demons and move on.

• These character creator, avatar customization, clothing threads are some of the most civil and non-debative on GD. This is a huge strength when you think about it. There is no argument against requests of this nature because we are asking for very little work out of CCP. These elements also are completely divorced and separate from the rest of EVE.. which makes it easy to argue that nothing here will ever affect internet spaceships.

• Pay no attention to the haters. I don't care to judge anything you do in EVE. In my opinion no one else has that right either. You don't need to be ashamed, just express your (positive) feelings, and the voices that agree will follow suit.

Anyway, good luck.. and my support is with you.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2014-08-30 00:59:50 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
  • Do not make these kinds of discussions about WiS. I assure you, you will be fought tooth and nail until you stop derailing. WiS is dead and we need to exorcise those demons and move on.
  • Not possible. More clothes is like a gateway drug for roleplayers.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Sibyyl
    Garoun Investment Bank
    Gallente Federation
    #12 - 2014-08-30 02:56:51 UTC
    Rhes wrote:
    Sibyyl wrote:
  • Not possible. More clothes is like a gateway drug for roleplayers.

Rhes, I admire the dogged consistency. Scepticism is an essential part of a healthy discussion.

I do stand by what I've said.. and about WiS I think you and I have no disagreement..