These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Open Letter To White Knight Community Re: Suicide Ganks In Progress

Author
Velicitia
XS Tech
#81 - 2014-08-22 15:16:57 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Velicitia wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Can confirm Vel is in that room of failures,
but doesn't really belong there.

Confirming it's all a plan to AWO... *cough* erhm ... help them become better players at eve.

Oh btw, sexy .... where's your friend?

Minor SNAFU with getting a replacement CC and them being pissy about paying CCP (which is odd, because it's not like the previous card hadn't been used for that acct...)

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Unknowen 1217B
Doomheim
#82 - 2014-08-22 15:21:34 UTC
All I can say is wow. Killing a easy target well is easy. Cant see how anybody can feel victory over destroying an indy ship. It don't even fire back little kids. Might as well go play with yourself. Everybody get in a combat ship and lets have a real fight and see how you gankers do then. Something tells me you would run away and then go play with yourself, because that's what kids do. punk ass cowards.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#83 - 2014-08-22 15:36:41 UTC
Unknowen 1217B wrote:
All I can say is wow. Killing a easy target well is easy. Cant see how anybody can feel victory over destroying an indy ship. It don't even fire back little kids. Might as well go play with yourself. Everybody get in a combat ship and lets have a real fight and see how you gankers do then. Something tells me you would run away and then go play with yourself, because that's what kids do. punk ass cowards.

Lol.

0/10

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Unknowen 1217B
Doomheim
#84 - 2014-08-22 15:40:19 UTC
And that confirms my thoughts.
Rabe Raptor
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#85 - 2014-08-22 15:57:08 UTC
Unknowen 1217B wrote:

Our killboards are stocked full of droves of fools who didn't think they'd find us out in lowsec and got slaughtered. At least they don't cry about it.

Together we can make Highsec a better place! www.lawofhighsec.com

Read it, share it, learn it, quote it, memorize it,  live it, breathe it!

Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2014-08-22 16:06:27 UTC
Unknowen 1217B wrote:

I wouldn't be so quick to say Indy's can't fight back
Paranoid Loyd
#87 - 2014-08-22 16:08:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Unknowen 1217B wrote:
Cant see how anybody can feel victory over destroying an indy ship.

I feel victory when I scoop up your loot and laugh all the way to the market because you don't know how to protect your assets. Pirate

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#88 - 2014-08-22 16:10:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Ned Thomas wrote:
Unknowen 1217B wrote:

I wouldn't be so quick to say Indy's can't fight back
<3 Marlona.

Turns out mining ships can fight back too.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#89 - 2014-08-22 17:21:22 UTC
Ned Thomas wrote:
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
I've always wanted to load a manticore up with festival launchers and decloak in the middle of a massive ice mining op and just start popping off fireworks everywhere. Sadly either nobody would notice, or their lone interceptor guardian would get concorded 'counter ganking' me.

I like yer style. "You get to keep your ships, but yer gonna need some new underwear."

Suddenly, a gang of catalysts appear and start hull repping a mackinaw.

I did a brief stint taking pot-shots at CODE. agents during Burn Aufay just to collect their bounties.

In a Catalyst.

Lol

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Bronson Hughes
#90 - 2014-08-22 17:30:54 UTC
Unknowen 1217B wrote:

Actually, pulling off coordinated freighter ganks takes a bit of work.

1. You need to gather your pilots in one place, which is hard when they're all -10.
2. You have to supply your pilots, which is hard when they're all -10.
3. You need someone to bump the freighter until you get ready.
4. You need to ensure that all of your pilots land right on top of the freighter at roughly the same time.
5. You need to ensure that all of your pilots are properly fit and that your fleet can do enough damage to take down the target.

I've was on voice comms with loyal & co. during Burn Aufay, and it sounded surprisingly like a fleet fight. Orders given, actions taken, goals achieved, all with a good deal of planning and work (and no small amount of banter and hilarity between ganks). Their targets may not be able to shoot back, but taking down a freighter in 20-30 seconds takes more planning that most people realize.

Also, check CODE.'s killboards. There are plenty of combat ships there too, usually ones that were trying to defend something and failed.

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#91 - 2014-08-22 18:53:51 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:

I think I've about talked myself into giving this a go, for sheer curiosity more than anything else.

You have my guardian!

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#92 - 2014-08-26 10:59:38 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Bronson Hughes wrote:

I think I've about talked myself into giving this a go, for sheer curiosity more than anything else.

You have my guardian!

and my axe!

er, wait ... Blink

confirming another guardian.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Thomas Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#93 - 2014-08-27 12:22:33 UTC
You could always AFK white knight!
Just setup two Ospreys each with two large/one medium repair with cap transfer and set them on orbit round the bump target. Fairly low skill requirements.

Just remember the advantage is always with the ganker as he dictates the engagement. If they don't destroy the intended target then they seriously need to change the fc. However dispite being proven to be spineless in 'fair' competition Loyalanon seems adequate for the job of fcing frieghter ganks.
JAF Anders
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#94 - 2014-08-27 13:01:26 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Maybe if we abuse it enough CCP will actually fix it.

Yeah, that's what I've come to expect. I wish I could say differently.

The pursuit of excellence and stabbed plexing alts.

Thomas Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#95 - 2014-08-27 14:12:21 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Bronson I would have way more respect for your legion of Guardian Angels than I do for the current White Knight crowd. A hoard of logi ships would be really annoying and would force Code to bring more dps ships than we would like.

Of course I might just show up and pick off logi ships one by one as they go suspect, cause that would be fun as hell. I'm sure it will take some time for your logic to sink into the brains of your audience as they are blinded by hatred, but maybe some of them will listen to your wisdom.

Funny you should suggest going suspect while repping as I have noticed that would have happened on a couple of freighters had I not set the safety to green. I suspect these freighters may have been intentionally engaged in a limited engagement in order to get unsuspecting logistic ships.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#96 - 2014-08-27 14:27:08 UTC
Thomas Mayaki wrote:
However dispite being proven to be spineless in 'fair' competition Loyalanon seems adequate for the job of fcing frieghter ganks.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Loyal is a more than capable SOLO pilot, and has "#rekt" (god I feel dirty for the stupid hash tag) me in lowsec, when he was outmatched.

I am no god at pvp, but im not crap either.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2014-08-27 19:39:16 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
Thomas Mayaki wrote:
However dispite being proven to be spineless in 'fair' competition Loyalanon seems adequate for the job of fcing frieghter ganks.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Loyal is a more than capable SOLO pilot, and has "#rekt" (god I feel dirty for the stupid hash tag) me in lowsec, when he was outmatched.

Loyal does like that "rekt" thing, but yeah, dig a bit deeper into his killboard. Hes actually pretty good at lowsec PVP.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Rabe Raptor
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#98 - 2014-08-27 21:30:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Rabe Raptor
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:
Thomas Mayaki wrote:

Loyal does like that "rekt" thing, but yeah, dig a bit deeper into his killboard. Hes actually pretty good at lowsec PVP.

We've been out in lowsec a lot lately and I feel like I can say with a certainty that ganking barges and freighters (efficiently) is so much harder that its laughable. So far in the ops I've participated in out in lowsec, I haven't lost a single ship because of good scouting and we have more or less insta blapped all the gangs we've bumped up against. All these guys saying we'll get wrecked in low either have no idea the coordination that efficient freighter ganking takes, or are simply awful at pvp and are used to getting wrecked by guys like us. My money's on both.

Oh, and don't even try to mention FW either. Been there, done that. Like blobbing around with 50-80 cheap merlins is a superior activity to anything, morally or skill-wise.

Together we can make Highsec a better place! www.lawofhighsec.com

Read it, share it, learn it, quote it, memorize it,  live it, breathe it!

Thomas Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#99 - 2014-08-28 09:58:12 UTC
Rabe Raptor wrote:
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:
Thomas Mayaki wrote:
You have no idea what you are talking about. Loyal is a more than capable SOLO pilot, and has "#rekt" (god I feel dirty for the stupid hash tag) me in lowsec, when he was outmatched. I am no god at pvp, but im not crap either.
We've been out in lowsec a lot lately and I feel like I can say with a certainty that ganking barges and freighters (efficiently) is so much harder that its laughable. So far in the ops I've participated in out in lowsec, I haven't lost a single ship because of good scouting and we have more or less insta blapped all the gangs we've bumped up against. All these guys saying we'll get wrecked in low either have no idea the coordination that efficient freighter ganking takes, or are simply awful at pvp and are used to getting wrecked by guys like us. My money's on both. Oh, and don't even try to mention FW either. Been there, done that. Like blobbing around with 50-80 cheap merlins is a superior activity to anything, morally or skill-wise.

I guess the New Order scouted their opposition in the AT and decided not to engage. (RvB)

The worst thing about trying to stop freighter ganks apart from the non-existant rewards is identifying the target and the unknown timing of the attack. Both of which is determined by the attacker so it should be impossible to stop a freighter ganker. However I guess the objective is not to stop the gank but to make it less efficient to gank.
Bronson Hughes
#100 - 2014-08-28 12:22:15 UTC
Thomas Mayaki wrote:
The worst thing about trying to stop freighter ganks apart from the non-existant rewards is identifying the target and the unknown timing of the attack. Both of which is determined by the attacker so it should be impossible to stop a freighter ganker. However I guess the objective is not to stop the gank but to make it less efficient to gank.

This is all true. The gankers will always have the advantage of choosing the time, place, and target of the engagement. All the White Knight community can do is make ganking more difficult.

But this should be enough!

After all, surely a bunch of sociopathic PvP failures wouldn't keep suicidie-ganking if it took more work and coordination, right?

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs