These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Question about PvP in high-sec missions

Author
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#21 - 2014-08-27 07:32:11 UTC
Luwc wrote:
simple rule :
if you engage first. he can engage you back.
if you dont do anything. neither can he.

Not true. If the OP is being honest about using a full A-type fit, I could put together a fleet of insta-nados and suicide gank him mid mission pocket.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#22 - 2014-08-27 10:21:20 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Luwc wrote:
simple rule :

Not true. If the OP is being honest about using a full A-type fit, I could put together a fleet of insta-nados and suicide gank him mid mission pocket.

He's on point with regards bear flipping/shinaniganising though, the only other thing one of us might do would be, hit all the triggers and pull all the rats onto him (one of my corpies did this lastnight and popped an A type fit rattlesnakePirate)
Luwc
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-08-27 11:02:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Luwc
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Luwc wrote:
simple rule :

5x neutron t2 cats can handle that by the way. (including mission dps)

In all honesty. sure if he doesn't have expierence it is one thing

but if I see more than 2x nados or catalysts appear in my mission its time to run.

Whoever is able to fly a pimped and skilled proteus should also be smart and skilled enough to avoid suicide ganks in missions.

I am on the agressor part here. I warp to missions and I suicide gank.(usualy because I get paid for it)

The easiest prey is the people that just start blazing away as soon as you go suspect (flip loot or kill a MTU)

A succesful suicide gank requires in essence 2 things :

a) stupid or inexpierenced prey
b) organisation with multiple fleet members

Factor a) OP seems neither stupid or very inexpierenced
Factor b) OPs agressor seems to be flying solo

Also :

Drop by in the pub channel RDNEX bar & grill if you are looking for merc services to grid of the annoying dude.

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Sabriz Adoudel
#24 - 2014-08-28 02:18:21 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

He's on point with regards bear flipping/shinaniganising though, the only other thing one of us might do would be, hit all the triggers and pull all the rats onto him (one of my corpies did this lastnight and popped an A type fit rattlesnakePirate)

I've experimented with the 'Shoot All The Triggers' approach before without luck, jumping into various missions in an Ishtar. Perhaps I should give it a go in a Kronos some time, where I can just tank everything (maybe even looking like i'm helping) then MJD away and POQ.

Or maybe fit out an Eos (kin/therm tanked) with a medium MJD and look for someone doing Blockade 4 in Dodixie.....

Sabriz Adoudel
#25 - 2014-08-28 02:25:53 UTC
Luwc wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Luwc wrote:
simple rule :

5x neutron t2 cats can handle that by the way. (including mission dps)

In all honesty. sure if he doesn't have expierence it is one thing

but if I see more than 2x nados or catalysts appear in my mission its time to run.

Whoever is able to fly a pimped and skilled proteus should also be smart and skilled enough to avoid suicide ganks in missions.

I am on the agressor part here. I warp to missions and I suicide gank.(usualy because I get paid for it)

The easiest prey is the people that just start blazing away as soon as you go suspect (flip loot or kill a MTU)

A succesful suicide gank requires in essence 2 things :

a) stupid or inexpierenced prey
b) organisation with multiple fleet members

Factor a) OP seems neither stupid or very inexpierenced
Factor b) OPs agressor seems to be flying solo

Also :

Drop by in the pub channel RDNEX bar & grill if you are looking for merc services to grid of the annoying dude.

Catalysts don't work well in missions because neutron cats can only apply damage within about 3km, and most bears are either in a Marauder, or move in missions for the benefit of a speedtank (or just because the mission somewhat requires it). I could be wrong, but IIRC Neutron cats can't even fit an afterburner without significant sacrifices like downgrading two guns (and an MWD requires much bigger sacrifices like a whole rack of ions).

Instanados provide plenty of warning if you watch D-scan, but if you do not, they do not give much warning at all. They appear on grid, lock you in a couple seconds, then you die to alpha unless you are effectively speedtanking the instanado already (and most mission ships do not have the agility to do this unless they saw the instanados on D-scan, in which case any competent pilot will warp out.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#26 - 2014-08-28 08:14:30 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

I've experimented with the 'Shoot All The Triggers' approach before without luck, jumping into various missions in an Ishtar. Perhaps I should give it a go in a Kronos some time, where I can just tank everything (maybe even looking like i'm helping) then MJD away and POQ.

Or maybe fit out an Eos (kin/therm tanked) with a medium MJD and look for someone doing Blockade 4 in Dodixie.....

I cant get it to work either but Faylee managed it.
Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#27 - 2014-08-28 08:51:21 UTC
when I did my lvl 4's years ago I did them in quiet system (ie. not in motsu or dodixie) and if I saw probes and more then 3-5 guys from the same corp in d-scan/local respectively it was the time to bail out and come back later.

With that being said a normal domi in T2 fit is enough to do any lvl 4 missions, it won't blitz them though but it's not getting ganked for goodies either.
Previous page12