These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

As Phil Collins once sang...

Author
Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#1 - 2014-08-24 12:26:36 UTC
"You always need to hear both sides of the story".

Please lend your support: http://www.patreon.com/thesarkeesianeffect

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Alpheias
The Khaleph
#2 - 2014-08-24 12:36:27 UTC
It would be less of a headache to turn the Earth into a ball of radioactive glass.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#3 - 2014-08-24 13:47:20 UTC
Shalua Rui wrote:
"You always need to hear both sides of the story".

Please lend your support: http://www.patreon.com/thesarkeesianeffect


Did I know of Sarkeesian?
No.

Was my life any better or worst without knowing of Sarkeesian?
No.

Will my life be any better or worst after knowing of Sarkeesian?
No.

Should I worry about Sarkeesian?
Probably not unless the disease reaches our shores, if that even happens.

(Follow up)

After knowing the person in question, what do I think of Sarkeesian?
Wouldn't buy a supercap from Sarkeesian. What?
Grimpak
Manufactorum.
#4 - 2014-08-24 15:20:43 UTC
"in this movie we prove, once more, that the amount of stupidity is directly proportional to the number of journalists trying to get "the Next Big Thing(TM), more news at 11."

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#5 - 2014-08-24 16:57:01 UTC
Alpheias wrote:
It would be less of a headache to turn the Earth into a ball of radioactive glass.

more productive as well
Grimpak
Manufactorum.
#6 - 2014-08-24 17:10:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Grimpak
now that I saw who Sarkeesian is, I will say this:

Feminism nowadays is all about wanting equality yet, throw a tantrum because a guy wasn't gentleman enough to them.


I respect women, as everyone should, but I rate today's Feminism as "Jehova witness" in the scale from 0 to "noisy kids in a long car trip" in the "nagging pain in the ass" scale.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-08-24 18:39:45 UTC
So..do I understand this right..that Sarkeesian is such a huge troll that they are making a movie about her?

Tippia!
Tippia, come here!
How much do you want for the movie rights on your character?

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#8 - 2014-08-26 08:07:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Shalua Rui
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
So..do I understand this right..that Sarkeesian is such a huge troll that they are making a movie about her?


Well, she received the Games Ambassador award at GDC... not bad for a mere troll. I'm usually not into social politics that much, but the way those... "people" are treating (especially male) gamers is just shameful.

I just thought it should be made... to give the whole narrative some perspective. *shrugs*

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-08-26 08:59:42 UTC
Shalua Rui wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
So..do I understand this right..that Sarkeesian is such a huge troll that they are making a movie about her?


Well, she received the Games Ambassador award at GDC... not bad for a mere troll. I'm usually not into social politics that much, but the way those... "people" are treating (especially male) gamers is just shameful.

I just thought it should be made... to give the whole narrative some perspective. *shrugs*


Admittedly I have never heard about her before your post, and up until now I didn't even know that there is such a thing as a "Game Ambassador".

But you made me curious and I read a little about Mrs. Sarkeesian; it looks like her fanaticism is already turning against her, because she's getting smacked by female gamers and feminists as well now.
According to the articles, her rationing was always the following:
1. A game with no female lead is misogynist.
2. A game with a weak female role (damsel in distress) is misogynist.
3. A game with a strong female role is just catering to male fantasies and thus misogynist.

So there is no way video games can actually win against her. People are starting to realize her pseudo-logic now, and I predict that she will be just a footnote in Internet history before the movie is even finished- so all it will do is give her some more attention and publicity again.

But that's just my 2 cents.



I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#10 - 2014-08-26 09:18:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Shalua Rui
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Admittedly I have never heard about her before your post, and up until now I didn't even know that there is such a thing as a "Game Ambassador".

Dunno, they probably created it for her...

Zimmy Zeta wrote:
But you made me curious and I read a little about Mrs. Sarkeesian; it looks like her fanaticism is already turning against her, because she's getting smacked by female gamers and feminists as well now.

...and rightfully so. I didn't know much about her either, before I sumbled across her vids on Youtube. She's a lunatic, no doubt, but she has infuence in the games media, which honestly got me a bit worried. I mean, I like games, and I like game communities... sure, it's not always sunshine and rainbows in most of them, but the constant bashing by those "social polititians" and "feminists" over the last couple of years is really starting to annoy me.

Zimmy Zeta wrote:
According to the articles, her rationing was always the following:
1. A game with no female lead is misogynist.
2. A game with a weak female role (damsel in distress) is misogynist.
3. A game with a strong female role is just catering to male fantasies and thus misogynist.

I know! Heck, I'm a feminist, so is Sasha Grey, and I have no clue what this Sarkeesian person is talking about... besides, she's a fraud, since she didn't really learn anything about games before she produced her dribble. Condecsending b*tch...

Zimmy Zeta wrote:
So there is no way video games can actually win against her. People are starting to realize her pseudo-logic now, and I predict that she will be just a footnote in Internet history before the movie is even finished- so all it will do is give her some more attention and publicity again.

But that's just my 2 cents.

No, I see where you are coming from, but right now there are poeple out there comparing gamers to f-ing ISIS terrorists, because they speak up against people like her...

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Alpheias
The Khaleph
#11 - 2014-08-26 10:03:41 UTC
Shalua Rui wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
So there is no way video games can actually win against her. People are starting to realize her pseudo-logic now, and I predict that she will be just a footnote in Internet history before the movie is even finished- so all it will do is give her some more attention and publicity again.

But that's just my 2 cents.

No, I see where you are coming from, but right now there are poeple out there comparing gamers to f-ing ISIS terrorists, because they speak up against people like her...


While not related, the circus around Zoe Quinn is the SJW's latest tool.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#12 - 2014-08-26 10:16:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Shalua Rui
Alpheias wrote:
While not related, the circus around Zoe Quinn is the SJW's latest tool.

That's when I really started taking offense, yea... well, I guess that happens when you let people into a community that don't belong there, just to get more add revenue from clicks. Some women have always been interrested in geek culture, so did minorities, but since the games media has started pandering specifically to them, they have practically invited those "SJWs" to spread their agendas all over the place...

I mean, I don't care if there is a female lead in Assassins Creed, since I'm not interested in the game... and even if, it wouldn't make the game more "relateable" for me to have a female lead, just because equality. You want meaningful, believable female characters, then make them yourself, not complain to male developers to make them... that's directly the opposite of feminism.

...grrr... sorry. Lol

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Grimpak
Manufactorum.
#13 - 2014-08-26 10:37:52 UTC
Shalua Rui wrote:
I mean, I don't care if there is a female lead in Assassins Creed, since I'm not interested in the game... and even if, it wouldn't make the game more "relateable" for me to have a female lead, just because equality.


Thing is, there are a few female characters out there that do have quite the spotlight and even lead, like Transistor's Red and Bioshock Infinite's Elisabeth (first, a helper, then became lead on the 3rd DLC).

And those aren't dominative leads, nor weak.

they be actually kickass.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#14 - 2014-08-26 10:46:03 UTC
Grimpak wrote:
Thing is, there are a few female characters out there that do have quite the spotlight and even lead, like Transistor's Red and Bioshock Infinite's Elisabeth (first, a helper, then became lead on the 3rd DLC).

And those aren't dominative leads, nor weak.

they be actually kickass.

'Course they would, but I understand they don't, because the market audience might not want to see it... or the desinger simply thinks they shouldn't. That's all fine! Who are "we" to tell them what to do with their characters?

No, I cannot relate to most female characters in games, so what? I cannot relate to Kim Kardashian either... could somebody please kill her?

...just kidding, of course. Blink

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Astenion
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2014-08-26 17:21:54 UTC
I love when gamers think there's actually such a thing as gaming "journalism".
Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#16 - 2014-08-26 18:43:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Shalua Rui
Astenion wrote:
I love when gamers think there's actually such a thing as gaming "journalism".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd13fE5WJ3c

I think that vid is pretty spot on... even though he doesn't directly address the problem at hand.

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#17 - 2014-08-26 19:12:40 UTC
Astenion wrote:
I love when gamers think there's actually such a thing as gaming "journalism".


I love when humans think there's still a thing known journalism P
Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#18 - 2014-08-26 19:33:45 UTC
That's also a fun read, right there:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Corruption-in-Video-Game-Journalism/1464143797187604?fref=nf

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Rain6637
NulzSec
#19 - 2014-08-28 06:20:35 UTC
Astenion
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2014-08-28 10:43:21 UTC
Slade Trillgon wrote:
Astenion wrote:
I love when gamers think there's actually such a thing as gaming "journalism".


I love when humans think there's still a thing known journalism P


How true. Anyone with a vlog/blog/computer and a passion for something is now all of a sudden a "journalist".

Sure you are.
12Next page