These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Can Gankers be Ganked?l

Author
Marlin Spikes
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-08-26 00:51:34 UTC
TL;DR: Yes

If you are piloting a freighter carrying several billions in your cargo bay, well that's just dumb. Every ganker in Hi-Sec will salivate at the thought of ganking your ship.

In fact, that is just what happened today in Poinen. Space Warriors ganked a 7.8 B freighter. I'm sure it was a well coordinated effort. They must have been cheering and celebrating as their own out of corp freighter was warping into position to collect the loot.

As the Space Warrior freighter landed on the wreck, one of our pilots was standing by with a Proteus. As soon as their freighter went suspect....well...we can only imagine that their comms went dead quiet. Their hopes and dreams of easy isk were quickly squashed. The looting suspect freighter died.

Local chat came alive as the mean-hearted gankers began to rage...lol.

After much laughter on our part, and many salty tears from Space Warriors, Space Warriors decided to wardec us! But before the war goes live, we activated a kill right on one of their Jita station campers and killed his tornado. Haha.

And the bonus to all of this fun is that we have a free war dec on our books. oh happy happy day!!

God I love this game!

Bombers Rule!!!

Milan Nantucket
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-08-26 01:09:28 UTC
This actually made me chuckle Big smile
Damon Messer
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2014-08-26 01:10:22 UTC
Shouldnt this be in the pirate story thread?

Also, can't wait for the next part.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4 - 2014-08-26 01:24:58 UTC
I've been saying this for years.

If you want to hurt the gankers, go after their haulers.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Ace Gunnery
War Decs Inc
#5 - 2014-08-26 01:46:15 UTC
easy isk? you clearly have no idea how hard it acually is and you can remain ignorant for all i care. The fact a so-called coalition ally of ours would purposely sabotage one of our ganks shows the character of this pilot. If you choose to keep him in your alliance you will be decced. plain and simple.

Whatever corp he is allowed to remain in will be decced as to ensure he cannot interfere with us again. Just business...nothing personal

Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#6 - 2014-08-26 01:50:01 UTC
Ace Gunnery wrote:

Whatever corp he is allowed to remain in will be decced as to ensure he cannot interfere with us again. Just business...nothing personal

Dear leader of space bears,

Pay the bill.

-Zeus

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

Naginata Rios
Game.Theory
GameTheory
#7 - 2014-08-26 01:55:11 UTC
Ace Gunnery wrote:
easy isk? you clearly have no idea how hard it acually is and you can remain ignorant for all i care. The fact a so-called coalition ally of ours would purposely sabotage one of our ganks shows the character of this pilot. If you choose to keep him in your alliance you will be decced. plain and simple.

OHHH gawd guys he sounds srs :(. im srry, bring another suspect freighter this time we wont shoot it i swears. on my interweb honor.
Milan Nantucket
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-08-26 03:11:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Milan Nantucket
Whats with the rage?
Paranoid Loyd
#9 - 2014-08-26 04:22:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
LOL, ganker drama.

Reyn Valtyra wrote:
The real threats out there don't have to promise retribution, they just bring it.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-08-26 04:34:19 UTC
Ace Gunnery wrote:

Pfft, haha

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

culo duro
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-08-26 05:06:24 UTC
I'm in a coalition? Does that mean we have to move to null-sec?

I've starting blogging http://www.epvpc.blogspot.comĀ 

Seraph IX Basarab
Outer Path
Seraphim Division
#12 - 2014-08-26 05:13:36 UTC
Don Purple
Snuggle Society
Snuggle Society.
#13 - 2014-08-26 06:16:08 UTC
100% Don Purple approved.

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Cairo Itaku
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2014-08-26 06:35:07 UTC
Ace Gunnery wrote:

I believe the GSE merc coalition doesn't protect gankers and alts when they go GCC or suspect. You made yourself a target, and got caught with your pants down, and in you pantless bit of rage, you Dec your merc ally without provocation. Thus breaking the coalition pact. Making you subject to the punishment of the coalition.

Now leaving behind the threat against the person who then acted on qwelling your suspect alt, makes it personal not business. Learn to think before you post.
gnshadowninja
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2014-08-26 07:39:52 UTC
Ace Gunnery wrote:
easy isk? you cleaprovide no idea how hard it acually is and you can remain ignorant for all i care. The fact a -called coalition ally of ours would purposely sabotage one of our ganks shows the character of this pilot. If you choose to keep him in your alliance you will be decced. plain and simple.

Why you so mad? O yeah cause it was your neutral alt, which was set -10 on alliance standings and no mails or standings to say were allies before you go on about my 'character', who was the idiot who let his freighter get caught?

You can try to harass me corp to corp, but you would have to actually embark on a brave adventure outside the Jita 4-4 docking ring.

Pursuit of Happiness always likes to provide tears and its even better when its from another mercenary alliance.

Much love, Shadow
Solecist Project
#16 - 2014-08-26 08:07:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Ace Gunnery wrote:

1. Ganker tears, best tears
2. It's easy to gank freighters given the numbers.
3. Cry me a river.
4. Liar. It is personal, you wimp.

5. SHOULD HAVE PAID A GANKING PERMIT!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Colitina
Doomheim
#17 - 2014-08-26 08:34:42 UTC
If you know your freighter is going suspect, you need to bring a fleet of Nestors with you. If you get caught, you have the Nestors bump you back to gate while they rep you. Then you jump the gate and web-warp your butt back to a station.

But no, that's :effort:. Let's just be lazy and then cry when we're popped for it.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#18 - 2014-08-26 09:12:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Ace Gunnery wrote:
Drama
Suspect is suspect, the looter was fair game; especially if it was an out of corp/alliance character.

Edit ~ Oh look it was an alt in an NPC corp, not shocked. You should cry some more about how unfair it is when somebody turns the tables on you

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ynot Eyob
Nisroc Angels
The Obsidian Front - Reborn
#19 - 2014-08-26 09:22:56 UTC
Made my day with a good laugh, as we are at war with both of you, kill a few more :D

Nisroc - Angel of Freedom Nisroc is known as "The Great Eagle".

gnshadowninja
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-08-26 09:57:53 UTC
Dont you just hate it when the guy who got final blow dont use killboards so it wont API feed -.-
Ill post killmail later when im home unless one of my lovely alliance members can do it for me Roll
123Next pageLast page