These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Caldari wiped out of FW?

First post
Author
Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#21 - 2014-08-26 03:33:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Deen Wispa
I'm going to say some stuff that will probably make some of my militia pilots and corpmates irate, but it needs to be said.

There is simply no need to continue beating up on an opponent that is not as coordinated and experienced as we are. Everyone around here already knows that Gallente is superior in virtually every facet of FW. We are overachievers, in fact.

I'm just coming back into the game. I no longer have the sort of time that I used to have for this game. When I log on, I just want to create fun content or be a part of it. Logging on and seeing 30-50 pilots plexing a system with no competition. Moaning on comms about why the enemy hasn't shown up. That's not fun. Being a cog in the machine. Trying to get a word in with 5 other people talking over each other. Not fun. Being in a large group where I can't get to know my fellow gamers. Where I can't teach and/or learn from my fellow pilots. Sucks.

The ethos of FW was always about a place where you can have an impact. Where you're not just a number. Where multiple groups of pilots can have an impact. A place where our personal actions truly matter and will have a ripple effect throughout the warzone.

Man. Things have truly changed over the last two years I've been here. Nowadays, people are more interested in trying to get 500 kills a month rather than find meaning and impact in some of their battles.

We blame CCP for the current mechanics without taking any responsibility. We grief the competition and constantly kick them out of their space because we can. We tell them that it's not our fault we're highly organized and that they need to step up their game. But to accept personal responsibility for the current ecosystem we've created. Never.

An interesting narrative that we tell and convince ourself of nowadays.

This narrative sounds familiar to another large group of pilots in another region of space....

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#22 - 2014-08-26 04:19:47 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Yeah it sucks when players band together to accomplish a common goal.

I can't believe we've destroyed FW after a two week offensive. Well done!
Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-08-26 04:37:21 UTC

Deen Wispa wrote:

While I agree with your first points about why I joined the warzone/FW/Eve ( I really hate 20+ fights) and probably one of the main reasons I haven't been playing much at all (other than PvE'ing) since the Huola campaign, I disagree with putting blame on ourselves.

Why would we even try to blame ourselves for being the best/doing the best we can? What I liked about FW was the ability for 100 man fights and the 5 man fights. They both have their uses, and both are important. (the 5 man fights much less useful now with the huge difference between oplexing+deplexing)

I have my own thoughts on the subject seeing as GalMil was part of a pretty long and hard time period at Tier 1 vs Tier 3/4 against TEST and other CalMil groups. There was a significant risk of losing Eha at the time and better men than me went ABCD to defend it against all odds. We've been at T4/CalMil at T1 for maybe a month and they've already failscaded? We were even facing the swarms of deplexing AND oplexing alts back then. All these excuses I'm hearing about deplexing alts or similar are ones that we had to face before. Maybe this will be CalMils forge.

The issue at hand is not how Caldari militia got where they are today. It's how they will act in the future.

(pro hint: start fighting outnumbered and stop bringing griffins)
CheesusCrust
Moira.
#24 - 2014-08-26 04:37:42 UTC
The death of the stabbed cloaky frigate farmer/bot has sadly crippled Caldari Militia plexing percentages.
Let's see if CVA steps up after the AT.
Julianus Soter
Blades of Liberty
#25 - 2014-08-26 04:47:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Julianus Soter
Interesting point cheesus ;)

And just to add my 0.02 ISK... I don't think it's improper to push an advantage to 100% warzone control. Factional Warfare is the most lucrative PVP-oriented activity in the history of Eve Online, besides perhaps wormhole space, and is vastly more accessible in terms of skillpoints.

The failure of the Caldari Militia to provide any meaningful resistance is the direct result of successive generations of inept leadership and egotistical fleet commanders, who believed that they could win the war effort on their own without coordinating with fellow Caldari membership.

By purging the warzone, we give a chance for new leadership and new personnel to step up to the challenge. We gladly accept any new comers to the facwar zone, friend or foe, and we will be happy to share with you our ample supply of antimatter charges ;)

Moira. Corporation CEO, Executor, Villore Accords, @Julianus_Soter https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99001634/

Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#26 - 2014-08-26 05:20:11 UTC
When Test left the Caldari millita were left with a few all star linked and high implanted pilots who fought back quite valiantly, but in the end it was all hands on deck and meat shield ahoy, battles are won by soldiers and wars are won by exceptional and talented individuals, and while numbers dont win you the war they sure do help.

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Julianus Soter
Blades of Liberty
#27 - 2014-08-26 05:50:42 UTC
And with that, we have just liberated the Ladistier system. The Presidential station shall return back under Federation control.

Well done, people.

Moira. Corporation CEO, Executor, Villore Accords, @Julianus_Soter https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99001634/

Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#28 - 2014-08-26 06:15:46 UTC
Deen,

Now that we have our victory we welcome the Caldari to come back and take everything that isn't a home system, and we invite them to try and take those.

How long it takes some enterprising Caldari groups to counter attack remains to be seen. Thankfully we still have PL, BL, Snuff, Stay Frosty, etc. to do battle with.

For now I'm happy to kick back and enjoy till Friday,
- Than
Epikurus
TheBlacklist
#29 - 2014-08-26 08:58:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Epikurus
Deacon Abox wrote:

TZ differential has nothing to do with it. With 6000 to 9000 toons in your militia you've had plenty of numerical tz coverage.

My sides.

That aside though, grats on the clean sweep!

Edit - Should just add that I don't really understand the criticisms being aimed at the Gal offensive from their own side. It's true that if you want a certain ecosystem then you have to take certain ecological measures but really it is CCP's job to play gamekeeper, not the pilots in FW. It would be odd indeed if one side didn't aim for a territorial victory when they had the chance. I'm just surprised it didn't come sooner.
Cirrila
Doomheim
#30 - 2014-08-26 09:09:30 UTC
Why are people allowed to switch sides according to who is actually winning ?
I would personaly never switch side because it seems unrealistic and lame to me. It is like jumping between axis and allies or horde and alliance to me. I dont give a crap if we are loosing or winning once I join one side i stay.
Or are pilots just mercenaries ?
Danny John-Peter
The Congregation
OnlyFleets.
#31 - 2014-08-26 09:11:38 UTC
It probably has something to do with Caldari being an un-cooridnated mess that can't pull anything close to a proper gang while Gal-Mil are quite capable of fielding decent sized HAC fleets.

Its not all about plexing alts, people have to have a reason to stay in a militia that isn't just sitting in a plex 24/7.
Epikurus
TheBlacklist
#32 - 2014-08-26 09:25:54 UTC
Danny John-Peter wrote:

Its not all about plexing alts, people have to have a reason to stay in a militia that isn't just sitting in a plex 24/7.

It's not really about plexing alts at all since there is nothing to stop anyone having plexing alts. Where GalMil shines is in their commitment to plexing. They simply have more guys who are willing to be dedicated to that task but anyone who wants to put significant time and effort into that role would be a fool not to make use of alts.

Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#33 - 2014-08-26 09:38:12 UTC
Add pirate factions to fw \o/

The Coreli Corporation is recruiting.

Irya Boone
The Scope
#34 - 2014-08-26 09:57:04 UTC
so if i understand , people want us to share the WZ ( lets say fifty-fifty) with calmil , never try to take the other 50% , have only 1V1 fights , or small gangs fights ( and here it comes the definition of Small??)

Sounds like the null sec agreement between PL and co and CFC and this is the Majors iussue in 0.0 and you guys want to bring this kind of thing in The FW .... after some calmil cynobitching for Razor ? now we will spread their bullshit politic too?

ok :(

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2014-08-26 10:31:42 UTC
Cromwell Savage wrote:
Are squids complaining of plexing alts?

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Now that is funny!

FW is dead regardless...broken mechanics that encourage kicking the other side out of lo-sec. Absolutely brilliant!!!!!

Edit - As long as docking rights are tied to occupancy, I'm done with FW. Five years to go from complaining that there were not enough squids in lo-sec to actively kicking them out.... What a waste.

and before things were like that FW was dead because the war was irrelevant. People are just whining. If you lost you lost, it is no one else fault except of your side. Organize and go take back something, and stop whining.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2014-08-26 10:32:49 UTC
Cirrila wrote:
Why are people allowed to switch sides according to who is actually winning ?
I would personaly never switch side because it seems unrealistic and lame to me. It is like jumping between axis and allies or horde and alliance to me. I dont give a crap if we are loosing or winning once I join one side i stay.
Or are pilots just mercenaries ?

Well jumping to the losing side is always fun, gives you more targets.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Arla Sarain
#37 - 2014-08-26 10:53:52 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
the war was irrelevant. People are just whining. If you lost you lost, it is no one else fault except of your side.

The war IS irrelevant...
No one is whining. We are just baffled.
We lost a label and you make it sound like we lost an arm and a leg.

gf.
Shad owLord
VOLTAGE REGULATORS
#38 - 2014-08-26 11:22:32 UTC
Danny John-Peter wrote:
It probably has something to do with Caldari being an un-cooridnated mess that can't pull anything close to a proper gang while Gal-Mil are quite capable of fielding decent sized HAC fleets.

It has nothing to do with coordination. Due to the transient nature of calmil pilots, at best half our pilots have the SP to fly cruisers, and only a percentage of that half have hacs trained. With the introduction in Kronos of more large plex's and the Gal hac fleets, we have no counter (not because there isnt one - just we cant physically field them in the numbers required), ergo we mainly have to concede the larges, add to this the departure of farmers for the other side and a few other issues that are well documented on these forums at present we can no longer hold systems from the Gals. We realised this a while back, which is why you've seen little in the way of defense, throwing away billions of isk trying to defend the undefendable is just stupid.

Were still here, were more co-ordinated than ever, but were not so stupid as to throw away what limited isk our guys have thes days on situations we have zero chance of winning. Sadly I dont see that situation changing in the forseeable future either.

P.S. You all should listen more to Deen
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2014-08-26 11:30:01 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
the war was irrelevant. People are just whining. If you lost you lost, it is no one else fault except of your side.

The war IS irrelevant...
No one is whining. We are just baffled.
We lost a label and you make it sound like we lost an arm and a leg.

gf.

The war WAS not relevant before dockign rights were associated with the war results. I was in minmatar militia back then and it was a full whatever scenario since absolutely NOTHIGN on the war result mattered. Now is much better.

Samwise Everquest
Plus 10 NV
#40 - 2014-08-26 12:54:22 UTC
Deen making way too much sense.

Pras Phil.