These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Damit CCP... way to screw me a bit

Author
Bryan Nikla
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-12-09 20:11:13 UTC
So, I'm reallly frustrated. I just signed back up to play this game and was really excited to play again. Kinda wished I had taken advantage of an email i got a while back that gave me 2 months for the price of one to come back.. but that was a bit ago so i was fine paying normal. But what does CCP do? litereally like 6 hours after I resubscribe.. i get a nice email sent to me saying//

"14.99 for 60 Days of EVE Online - Reactivate and see why players are raving about Crucible"

..are you kidding me.

i reactivate, and THEN they send me an email after the fact saying if i waited like a day I'd apparently get twice the game time?

thats screwed up.

why send me that AFTER I JUST RESIGNED UP.

ugh.
#frustrated Evil
Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#2 - 2011-12-09 20:12:40 UTC
Bryan Nikla wrote:
So, I'm reallly frustrated. I just signed back up to play this game and was really excited to play again. Kinda wished I had taken advantage of an email i got a while back that gave me 2 months for the price of one to come back.. but that was a bit ago so i was fine paying normal. But what does CCP do? litereally like 6 hours after I resubscribe.. i get a nice email sent to me saying//

"14.99 for 60 Days of EVE Online - Reactivate and see why players are raving about Crucible"

..are you kidding me.

i reactivate, and THEN they send me an email after the fact saying if i waited like a day I'd apparently get twice the game time?

thats screwed up.

ugh.
#frustrated Evil
your email is on a mailing list and they mailed to that mailing list. It wasn't personal.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#3 - 2011-12-09 20:13:49 UTC
Sounds like the perfect time to open an extra account. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Stags Leap
The Night Watchmen
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2011-12-09 20:14:00 UTC
Also, it takes them like three days or more to send you that mail from when they picked your name. But it took you only minutes to resubscribe your account.
Rykuss
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2011-12-09 20:18:51 UTC
CCP troll best troll! Lol

You, too, can be a Solid Gold dancer.

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#6 - 2011-12-09 20:38:07 UTC
Bryan Nikla wrote:

..are you kidding me.

thats screwed up.

ugh.
#frustrated Evil

Oh that wasn't CCP, that was me. I thought it would be funny.

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Bryan Nikla
Doomheim
#7 - 2011-12-09 21:51:44 UTC
ya.. i realize they couldnt stop that mail going out and it wasnt connected at all with me resubbing.. but i figured this was a great reason to get really angry and agrivated and flame a bit. Twisted
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#8 - 2011-12-09 22:10:12 UTC
Bryan Nikla wrote:
ya.. i realize they couldnt stop that mail going out and it wasnt connected at all with me resubbing.. but i figured this was a great reason to get really angry and agrivated and flame a bit. Twisted

petition it, you might get lucky.
Bryan Nikla
Doomheim
#9 - 2011-12-09 22:37:06 UTC
Just filed a nice petition about this. Hopefully I get a decent response.
Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#10 - 2011-12-09 22:53:02 UTC
Bryan Nikla wrote:
Just filed a nice petition about this. Hopefully I get a decent response.

good luck :)