These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

I love this guy's attitude

First post
Author
Yishna Strone
Perkone
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-08-03 13:27:55 UTC
I love Wingspan's videos, nice and refreshing change from all the serious ones.
Faenir Antollare
Infinite Violence
Trigger Happy.
#22 - 2014-08-03 15:54:47 UTC
Have just really enjoyed watching that, thank-you.

RiP BooBoo 26/7/1971 - 23/7/2014 My Lady My Love My Life My Wife

Ursula Thrace
Dreamland Augmented Consortium
#23 - 2014-08-03 20:03:19 UTC
makes stealth bombing look insanely fun.

"sir, you ordered some torpedoes, here ya go!" Big smile
Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-08-04 04:11:29 UTC
Makes me want to get into the torp delivery business
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#25 - 2014-08-04 04:28:47 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Yes, but remember that the game is impossible for new players to get into and you will be useless and not stand a chance for years. Right? Right?!

... well, yeah... anything requiring the attention span greater than that of the average goldfish ( pharmaceutically enhanced or not ) is hard to get into....Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#26 - 2014-08-04 04:43:08 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Yes, but remember that the game is impossible for new players to get into and you will be useless and not stand a chance for years. Right? Right?!

when I started in 07 the sov map was conquered, there were a ton of people in cap ships, and bob was untouchable. I dunno why I stuck around for over 7 years, I've clearly been useless this whole time. Dr Caymus still has 100m+ skill points over me.

in eve it is easy to have fun as long as you are willing to play the game. there may be some frustrating parts, but hey if there was nothing to over come well then there wouldn't be any point in playing the game now would there?

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#27 - 2014-08-04 08:15:58 UTC
Makes me want to pull the bubble wrap off my stealth bombers and go find a wormhole.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Chance Ravinne
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#28 - 2014-08-23 12:31:41 UTC
Hey guys, I haven't had a chance to participate in the forums much, but I just stumbled into this thread!

I will admit that not having to worry about ISK too much has increased my willingness to throw away ships. Yes, I certainly got a good amount of financing via donations and those referral links. But even before that happened, I had still made a "lot" of money doing exploration. Just a few weeks into the game I had bought several Asteros, which cost a lot more to fly and lose) than bombers!

In fact I'm losing bombers much less frequently than any other ship just because engagements in w-space are pretty infrequent and now happen on my terms. At that point it's my ship to lose (which certainly happens).

I feel like anyone could get into bombers or even just frigate PvP if they tried.... there is a lot of ISK to be madein exploration or even wormhole gas mining, and yet I rarely see anyone out in the scary parts of space exploiting this. Or maybe people could fire up FRAPS and take a shot at making terrible videos, too.

On that note... thanks to anyone who watched the vids and (somehow) enjoyed them.... I knew I didn't know anything going into EVE so I was hoping to capture a lot more of the new player vibe, whereas normally my channel is about games I've already been playing a long time.

Oh yeah and if anyone wants to deliver torps, we are definitely in the market for new delivery agents!

You've just read another awesome post by Chance Ravinne, CEO of EVE's #1 torpedo delivery service. Watch our misadventures on my YouTube channel: WINGSPANTT

Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#29 - 2014-08-23 17:28:37 UTC
You know what, when Icame to eve I found a bunch of others who also had just joined.

We did all sorts of fun things, like doing stronger sites in frigates while followed about by a rep cruiser :3

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Ban Bindy
Bindy Brothers Pottery Association
True Reign
#30 - 2014-08-23 20:04:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ban Bindy
Tippia wrote:

For every player as gifted as this guy there are many others who:

1. Are too timid to do pvp under any conditions.
2. Have the right spirit but don't understand the way pvp works and won't learn it, insisting on skilling into big ships and never understanding until they've died a few times that they need to learn core skills.
3. Have size of ship fixations and don't think a frigate or a stealth bomber is worth bothering with.
4. Have the right attitude and skills for pvp but have no idea or no will to make iso to pay for the pvp.

You've always been right on this issue but being right doesn't help in every situation. (And you're trolling a bit, but that's understandable.)

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to steer new players onto the track of learning to fight in frigs and heading into low/null sec only to have the players completely misunderstand the proposition. On the other hand, I've seen a (lesser) number of players jump into the game and learn these lessons right away.

Here is one new player who gets it, and maybe the vids will help others.
ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#31 - 2014-08-24 01:03:06 UTC
Topic has degenerated to a series of personal attacks. Topic locked.

Forum rule 4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Previous page12