These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What kind of gameplay do you prefer regarding the company of others

Author
Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-12-09 20:05:46 UTC
Do you prefer

1. to be a loner
2. be in a small corp
3. Alliance
4. vast nullsec entity where although you are a small cog you are part of a bigger plan

its the difference between living between the cracks, a group of people following a goal all the way up to being in the dominant alliance in the area and the benefits that go with it.

Before i took the a laser to the knee i was in an alliance that was mainly a social club with benefits.

Post recovery i prefer to live between the cracks, hunter and prey, always outgunned but never caught. no POS no PI just a one man gang as its a far more exciting game for me but every hat is different and sometimes it would be nice to not to have to worry about that gang trying to scan be down as i have a 20 man log on trap waiting for them.

Your very valuable and non trollable comments please

EDIT and is your current situation different from what you prefer
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#2 - 2011-12-09 20:09:44 UTC
Right now, I fall into category 1. Loner. The reason is sporadic playtime/duration. I would not expect anyone in a corp to put up with that really.

I've been a 2 and a 3/4 before though when I had more time to play.
Pavel Bidermann
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2011-12-09 20:13:02 UTC
I actually prefer being a loner. I have never refused to help people I know but generally I like to solo EVE. The down side to that is it restricts what you can do. However, I se that as the price for being able to set your own path.

I'm in a small corp and a small alliance right now and it's okay. I'm not enjoying it as much in some ways but enjoying it in others. Their a good group of people and that's the difference I think. Otherwise I wouldn't join an alliance at all.
Beaches
Doomheim
#4 - 2011-12-09 20:18:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Beaches
I don't like talking about killboards or being in a blob, so kind of out of luck there.
I don't like mining at all, out of luck?
My first time in an Incursion channel consisted of 2 hours of people calling each other scrubs, talking about how great their PVP mains are, don't want to play with them but the channel is awesome.

I'm pretty much left with doing my own thing and socializing in random channels. I don't know why people think you need to be in a corp or alliance to multiplayer.

So, 1
Rod Blaine
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2011-12-09 20:25:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Rod Blaine
depends really.

when youve got time a corp or alliance (really not that much difference, just more people to join in doing stuff) is great. And working together helps you find goals to strive towards. I've been in a very large alliance, in a small corp and in stuff in between. I still like the social aspect of grouping up with a bunch of great guys and gals ingame (and out), but well, that does require online time..

I find that when eve time is limited i tend to prioritize loner stuff over social stuff, hence my current status (one-man corp)
Embrace My Hate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-12-09 20:30:23 UTC
Definatley 4. I love having the option to enjoy any aspect of the game at any moment in time. I can do literally everything from 0.0 blob PvP to highsec solo mission running.

The most amazing thing though is when an FC or alliance can coordinate a vast amount of people to achieve a common goal. Admittedly I don't posses the skill to do this on a large scale but being able to take part in the action is well worth it. I always have stories to tell to my buddies who prefer to run missions and stuff all day =)
Lord Ryan
True Xero
#7 - 2011-12-09 20:34:08 UTC
Still hoping CCP will launch EVE: Offline.
And I'm taking about the current version of Eve "offline".

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#8 - 2011-12-09 20:41:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
I like it when some people from my alliance show up and help me shoot at people because I trying to kill 9000 war targets by myself, unsupported in a harbinger is pretty difficult.

Actually it's not that difficult but ideally I'd prefer there to be at least 3 of us.
Riley Moore
Sentinum Research
#9 - 2011-12-09 20:45:49 UTC

Loner. Having high functioning autism (or aspergers if you will,) I don't really get along with how people think. People are too irrational for my taste.

Large volumes of highly researched Ammo, drones, charges and ship bpo's. Biggest BPO store in EVE! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=445524#post445524

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#10 - 2011-12-09 20:50:22 UTC
Riley Moore wrote:

Loner. Having high functioning autism (or aspergers if you will,) I don't really get along with how people think. People are too irrational for my taste.

I feel you. Having antisocial disorder(or homicidal tendencies) I don't really play well with others. Besides the orderlies don't like when I get on voice comms.

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#11 - 2011-12-09 20:52:23 UTC
So many loners

We should have a loner channel were we can all ignore each other
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Nahrud Zirud
Doomheim
#12 - 2011-12-09 20:56:14 UTC
id rather be a loner. because of the years ive been playing the game doesnt interest me much anymore. and so i might log in a hour a day or not even for weeks. with that said corps/alliance dont really like that and usually dont care they want you playing 23/7. and another reason is in tired of the blobs/roams/comms etc etc etc. more so the coms then anything else. tired of the mindless blather people have when getting on comms, usually a ceo or fc who thinks they are the badass of eve and always talking always barking always fail.
Riley Moore
Sentinum Research
#13 - 2011-12-09 20:56:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Riley Moore
Karn Dulake wrote:
So many loners

We should have a loner channel were we can all ignore each other

Don't get me wrong; I'm in the traders channel (SCC-Lounge) on every character. I do like the social interaction trough text. Talking is fine, it's fun to have debates for example. What I can't stand is other people's habits, rude behaviour if you're doing an op or sheer incompetence. The inability to learn after making a mistake, and so forth.

Large volumes of highly researched Ammo, drones, charges and ship bpo's. Biggest BPO store in EVE! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=445524#post445524

Nahrud Zirud
Doomheim
#14 - 2011-12-09 20:57:44 UTC
Lord Ryan wrote:
Still hoping CCP will launch EVE: Offline.
And I'm taking about the current version of Eve "offline".

i thought the name was going to be "MITTENS-ONLINE"
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#15 - 2011-12-09 21:01:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
5. Playing Doctor with Milla Jovovich and Mila Kunis.

/simultaneously

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Handsome Hussein
#16 - 2011-12-09 21:02:06 UTC
I like loner gameplay but I also like running with a small (2 ~ 4) gang; the few times I've done it has been awesome. For me, missions and exploration are best done solo (with alt to increase options), PvP is best done with friends (because you inevitably get butt-raeped).

Leaves only the fresh scent of pine.

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#17 - 2011-12-09 21:07:01 UTC
Nahrud Zirud wrote:
id rather be a loner. because of the years ive been playing the game doesnt interest me much anymore. and so i might log in a hour a day or not even for weeks. with that said corps/alliance dont really like that and usually dont care they want you playing 23/7. and another reason is in tired of the blobs/roams/comms etc etc etc. more so the coms then anything else. tired of the mindless blather people have when getting on comms, usually a ceo or fc who thinks they are the badass of eve and always talking always barking always fail.

I think asshat constantly eating on comms and mouth breathers in general killed my social nature. No joke I used to love FW fleets but the longer I played the more people were turned to muth breathers, inspiring homicidal rage.

Mouth breather they're like zombies, aim for the head!

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2011-12-09 21:08:13 UTC
4/3/1

depend whats happening where. and with what toon i am in.