These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CODE. disqualified from AT XII

First post First post
Author
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#61 - 2014-08-22 10:13:11 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Rabe Raptor wrote:
La Rynx wrote:

(you remember, if someone can shoot back like in the AT you run and hide proof )
Cool

You're dumb..

You whish.
Blink
Insulting me dosn't help you and dosn't make you look smart

Maybe you are talking about "things that can shoot back", still if there is serious PvP on the horizon, you run!
Thats not the same as "People who know how to fight", if you still do not understand,

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

La Rynx
Caldari State
#62 - 2014-08-22 10:23:34 UTC
Rabe Raptor wrote:

No-show: Permaban

Proof that even CCP fears our power.

What?
(tm)
This is...
How delusional one has to be, to write this?
It seems you have no idea how stupid you look when you write something like that.

loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#63 - 2014-08-22 11:01:50 UTC
Amyclas Amatin wrote:
loyalanon wrote:
CCP Gargant wrote:
Greetings everyone!

Keeping everything crystal clear, I wanted to open a topic on this subject.

CODE. did not show up for their scheduled match against Red vs. Blue nor did they make any attempt to inform the tournament organizers of their status. We have decided to interpret their actions as a sign of resignation from the tournament. As such they have been disqualified from Alliance Tournament XII and CODE. will not be able to enter future Alliance Tournaments.

Circle-Of-Two will thus get a bye in their scheduled match against CODE. on Sunday the 24th and all subsequent matches that day will happen 20 minutes earlier than initially scheduled.

Please keep discussions about this topic in this thread.

Thanks!

CCP Tears - Best Tears

Do you want to buy a mining permit to ensure your safety in high sec?

This is why I don't like the way you handle PR, loyal. Appearances are everything! As Knights of the New Order we must be paragons of virtue to show the way to the lost masses of EVE!

Openly trolling CCP is just rude! X

You should join the tear train to.
La Rynx
Caldari State
#64 - 2014-08-22 11:08:23 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
loyalanon wrote:

Quote:

Failtrolling.

The only tears are code tears.

All others are at least entertained, amused or openly laughing seeing you guys struggle to appear cool.

But you can not look cool with a clowns hat on, standing in deep sh?t, still trying to troll others.

loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#65 - 2014-08-22 11:11:11 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
loyalanon wrote:

Quote:

Failtrolling.

The only tears are code tears.

All others are at least entertained, amused or openly laughing seeing you guys struggle to appear cool.

But you can not look cool with a clowns hat on, standing in deep *****, still trying to troll others.

Still posting on an alt. lol.

Can you provide proof of code tears?
Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#66 - 2014-08-22 11:23:54 UTC
8 EyedSpy wrote:
Adrie Atticus wrote:

The butthurt, it's glorious.

Best part of this is the inability of CODE. to understand what the difference is between "tell CCP 30 mins before start that we forfeit" and "log off at match start without a word".

Maybe you should read the rest of the article.

"As a matter of fact, many teams have forfeited by failing to show up for the Alliance Tournament. Like, a lot. It has been happening literally since day one. After the first day of the very first Alliance Tournament, all the way back in 2005, CCP announced:"

I did, I even read all the links. None of them state that the teams forfeited in anything else than verbal means before their matches instead of ragelogging when someone took your toys away.

Next?
Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#67 - 2014-08-22 11:25:16 UTC
loyalanon wrote:

I'm here, and very much posting on my main P

BTW, CODE is getting so much love on Reddit right now. I just thought you should know.

Seriously, what an embarrassing waste of everyone's time - except for the part where your team's temper tantrum has just led to some wonderful laughs.
8 EyedSpy
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2014-08-22 11:34:00 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:
8 EyedSpy wrote:
Adrie Atticus wrote:

The butthurt, it's glorious.

Best part of this is the inability of CODE. to understand what the difference is between "tell CCP 30 mins before start that we forfeit" and "log off at match start without a word".

Maybe you should read the rest of the article.

"As a matter of fact, many teams have forfeited by failing to show up for the Alliance Tournament. Like, a lot. It has been happening literally since day one. After the first day of the very first Alliance Tournament, all the way back in 2005, CCP announced:"

I did, I even read all the links. None of them state that the teams forfeited in anything else than verbal means before their matches instead of ragelogging when someone took your toys away.

Next?

None of them state verbal notice was given beforehand either.
Matius Udan
Padecains Exploration and Recon Inc
#69 - 2014-08-22 11:59:36 UTC
loyalanon wrote:
CCP Gargant wrote:
Greetings everyone!

CODE. did not show up for their scheduled match against Red vs. Blue nor did they make any attempt to inform the tournament organizers of their status. We have decided to interpret their actions as a sign of resignation from the tournament. As such they have been disqualified from Alliance Tournament XII and CODE. will not be able to enter future Alliance Tournaments.

Circle-Of-Two will thus get a bye in their scheduled match against CODE. on Sunday the 24th and all subsequent matches that day will happen 20 minutes earlier than initially scheduled.

Thanks!

CCP Tears - Best Tears

Do you want to buy a mining permit to ensure your safety in high sec?

I dont see tears, I see someone just doing a job, its hardly going to affect anyone. I bet they had a meeting, shrugged and got on with life.
As for people saying its harsh to be permabaned - its not, from what I understand from minerbumping other teams that have 'done this before' have either informed CCP and/or dont try and troll CCP/the rest of EVE (see above post) showing that if they are allowed into the next tournement they are just going to do it again 'for tears'.
So permaban, save banning people every time.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#70 - 2014-08-22 12:56:27 UTC
Anal Canal wrote:
The alliance gets the initial entry fee/deposit back I would assume since we are no longer allowed to participate within said tournament. Most lottos/drawings/bingo/what-have-yous that end with the results being null & void return the initial ante to the players involved.

You got that wrong. What happened is you were a winner of the lotto and the prize was a participation for the AT. You guys just somehow failed to claim your prize correctly. It's not CCP's fault that you:

1- No showed for your match
2- Didn't inform CCP on why it happened
3- Made a tryhard attempt at trolling the playerbase over it

You can't expect a reimbursement if the errors are an your side.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#71 - 2014-08-22 13:29:47 UTC
I like to congratulate our team for their excellent performance in the tournament. The amount of tears generated for doing absolutely nothing is probably another broken record. Certainly the tears/effort metric is off the scale here and since this is the only metric that matters in the endgame I can say with confidence that we walk away as the winners form this.

And if there even was any question if everyone is just laughing at us like some NPC alts suggested or if everyone is truly butthurt over this, then CCP just answered that with their extreme overreaction.
Zuquar Bonaparte
New Dawn Corporation
BricK sQuAD.
#72 - 2014-08-22 13:34:26 UTC
i think its a bit harsh to ban a alliance from future tourneys, leadership may change over years and you are punishing a alliance for the actions of a few peoples choices, probable even just the team captains choice.

i wonder if a perma ban would ever hit someone like PL , or any other major tourney alliance? i doubt that very much.

On a side note, anyone know if bets are still open for co2,s match against code?? i may try win back some of the isk i lost betting on our team last weekRoll (j/k)
loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#73 - 2014-08-22 13:37:37 UTC
Coffee Rocks wrote:
loyalanon wrote:

I'm here, and very much posting on my main P

BTW, CODE is getting so much love on Reddit right now. I just thought you should know.

Seriously, what an embarrassing waste of everyone's time - except for the part where your team's temper tantrum has just led to some wonderful laughs.

but can you provide proof of code tears or are you referring to everyone elses tears??? LolLol
loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#74 - 2014-08-22 13:38:26 UTC
Still waiting on the part where code has cared about being permabanned because of CCP tears?

Cristl
#75 - 2014-08-22 13:46:01 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
I like to congratulate our team for their excellent performance in the tournament. The amount of tears generated for doing absolutely nothing is probably another broken record. Certainly the tears/effort metric is off the scale here and since this is the only metric that matters in the endgame I can say with confidence that we walk away as the winners form this.

It's not generally considered good form to count your own tears in these metrics though surely? Lol

Also, rebutting claims that you don't fight people who might fight back shouldn't be attempted by displaying a killmail in which several blaster taloses gank a tachyon beam battleship. That's not exactly clarion call tactical nous is it?

Matius Udan
Padecains Exploration and Recon Inc
#76 - 2014-08-22 13:48:03 UTC
loyalanon wrote:
Still waiting on the part where code has cared about being permabanned because of CCP tears?

I dont thnk CODE cares, I also dont think CCP cares, they still make money, infact you are probably helping them make money with news of the game and all its shiney possibilities being spread to potential new players.
You just got banned because they can and more controversy = more people talking about it, cant be a bad thing.
Actually the fact you keep going on about CCP tears makes me think this is really important to you, and the more you go on about how everyone crys over the things you do the more it sounds like it matters to you - witch is funny as its usually the CODE people making fun of other for taking things too seriously.

Still I tend to support the CODE just for the LOLs, especialy after reading some of the comments on minnerbumping from people who really dont like the CODE.
loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#77 - 2014-08-22 13:55:42 UTC
Matius Udan wrote:
loyalanon wrote:

I dont thnk CODE cares, I also dont think CCP cares, they still make money, infact you are probably helping them make money with news of the game and all its shiney possibilities being spread to potential new players.
You just got banned because they can and more controversy = more people talking about it, cant be a bad thing.
Actually the fact you keep going on about CCP tears makes me think this is really important to you, and the more you go on about how everyone crys over the things you do the more it sounds like it matters to you - witch is funny as its usually the CODE people making fun of other for taking things too seriously.

Still I tend to support the CODE just for the LOLs, especialy after reading some of the comments on minnerbumping from people who really dont like the CODE.

This^^
MooMooDachshundCow
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2014-08-22 14:15:44 UTC
CCP Gargant wrote:
Greetings everyone!

Thanks!

Could we also make the ban on them flying the Talos/Catalyst permanent kthx <3

Yeah, well, it's just like my opinion, man.

TharOkha
0asis Group
#79 - 2014-08-22 14:42:24 UTC  |  Edited by: TharOkha
Rabe Raptor wrote:
Cheating: DQ, show up next year

No-show: Permaban

Proof that even CCP fears our power.

FEAR? Big smile I would say giggles Big smile

You shoot hisec newbies in rookie ships and you proudly present it as "player content", you play this awkward and pathetic hisec racketeering role-play show and now, you chicken-run from AT because you cannot use specific ships? ( And not just that, you didnt even contact CCP why you did not showed up.

Everybody is making fun of CODE. dude,.... even CCP. Believe me, there is no FEAR from you Big smile
Rayo Atra
Guardians of the Volatile Wine
#80 - 2014-08-22 14:49:55 UTC
All this nonsense stating CCP overreacted really sounds like whining children.

There are player run betting sites, and a production that CCP have tried to polish, and schedule to try to stay on with 12k+ people viewing. CODE not having the decency to even communicate, is no different that a teen not showing up for work, and screwing everyone's day up.

The AT, now more than ever is supposed to be the pinnacle of PVP prowess and presentation in eve. If these drama queens cant get over themselves for a 10 min match, then be done with them. They didn't get banned from eve, simply from the AT.

You want to throw a match? Show up in smart-bombing itty V's, or some other nonsense. Not hide like an awkward child who cant communicate, and then later think its cute.

I'm sure there are lots of groups who wanted to participate, and did not get the opportunity, these guys cant even be bothered to show, A no call-no show = dismissal.

I also think CCP feels like they have dealt with enough BS in the last bit, and if they don't want to play, then they can just be ******. Props to CCP for remembering that this is THEIR game, and they shouldn't be the least bit concerned when dropping the hammer.

Tell you what I do like though: A killer. A dyed-in-the-wool killer. Cold-blooded, clean, methodical and thorough.

-Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg