These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Randomly Changing Wormhole Effects over Time

Author
Ben Ishikela
#1 - 2014-08-21 13:08:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Ben Ishikela
Hello Eve-Comunity,
this is a post of an idea i had on the topic for "making imbalance a feature".
Please dont be too serious, this is just a litlle Brainstorm.

Summary:
- "Effect"-Tab for Solar system info UI (not required, but makes it easier for players)
- also effects in K-Space
- each SolarSystem has effects depending on region/constellation (i.e. +-1% armor/shield in Amarr-/Caldari-Space)
- - they will be very small in highsec(1%??) system and greater in Nullsec(10%??).
- - For Wormholes these effects will be even greater. (like they are right now)

- Effects in Wormholes will change by 1-6%??(C1-C6) per downtime. (alternatively pick 1-6 effects that change 1% or 1-3E->+-2% etc)
- - For every Attribute that increases will be one that decreases.
- - These two are picked randomly.
- - - The Posibility to increase/decrease an effect should be lesser when it is above/below a certain point.
- Every effect should have an Attribute of "rarity", "baseChangePosibility" and "ChangeMultiplier" so the randomness doesnt get out of hand.

- In the List of possible effects can contain "weird things". more weird => more rare. (just a random example: wormhole eject range modifier +-X% => very rare, big change posibility, big changeMultiplier; so it will be encountered on very few WHs)

Q = What would you like to be on this list?

Effects on Gameplay:
- All Systems will have unique effects.
- A WH-system's Effects can become different over time and a Corp will decide to adapt or move out to another one.
- There might be Fights over Systems that are very good for PvE/Industry/PvP

Have fun and fly crazy!

Ideas are like Seeds. I'd chop fullgrown trees to start a fire.

Fer'isam K'ahn
SAS Veterinarians
#2 - 2014-08-21 13:23:58 UTC
Well, in principle interesting and it also fits with some need of more immersion (lore).

But...

Small amounts barely will have any effect worth considering and can be dismissed.
Strong ones are a full feature and we have that in WH.
0.0 is player owned and one could argue that they would have to deal with the circumstances of K-space effects or a shift of those, but it seems a bit unfair to press it on them who made homes already in thsoe regions.
All that considered, the best implementation is what we have now, none in Hig Sec, fully established in WHs. You can argue about 0.0, but I am not seing it, sorry.
Ben Ishikela
#3 - 2014-09-01 11:21:30 UTC
ok then.
Cut down effects in highsec from my idea.
The core is the randomly changing effects, that players have to encounter in W-space. That makes it very risky.
Imagine jumping through a WH and the bubble of a bubble is half its size. or double.
Imagine engaging sleepers in PvE in a strange environment, where your missiles fly more slowly or your hulltank is nearly doubled or your Cap does not regenerate as fast. Oh well, the last one we have already, but does it matter?
not so much because the strength of the effect will be unknown and therefore the risk of WH is once again deadly.

Ideas are like Seeds. I'd chop fullgrown trees to start a fire.