These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ships not jumping on arrival at gate

First post
Author
Khan Uzama
Akamai Ventures
#1 - 2014-08-20 18:28:11 UTC
This has been happening to me recently,

Ship is in space select gate on overview press D ship warps to gate and stops usually around 1400m. Hitting D at the gate ship jumps right away.

This has happened often enough to be a concern. Different ships some cloaky some not
Spamming the D button doesn't seem to help.
Anyone experienced this recently?
CCP Sledgehammer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2014-08-21 10:43:22 UTC
Hi Khan, I haven't seen that in my testing so far.... Can you provide a bit more information?

1. What ship(s) are you in?
2. Are you seeing this happen with all gates?
3. Can you recall when this started happening?
4. What OS are you running on and what are the specs for your PC?

Graphical QA Analyst | EVE Quality Assurance | Team TriLambda

Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#3 - 2014-08-21 11:05:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Phoenix Jones
Something similar but probably the same bug.

Warping to a gate/wormhole, while still in warp, select wh/gate on overview and mouse over gate, bring radial menu up. Jump/enter is greyed out (fine).
Keep the menu up with mouse over the jump button
Warp ends, jump now is selectable. Select it
Nothing happens
Do it again, nothing happens
Do it a 3rd time. Finally the button raises slightly then ship enters.

Happens on any gate and wormholes
Done in frigates, cruisers, battlecruisers

Yaay!!!!

Lair Osen
#4 - 2014-08-21 13:21:26 UTC
You guys getting any messages about traffic control? Might be that the systems aren't loaded yet since no ones gone into them yet.
Howard Anderson
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-08-22 07:10:45 UTC
Been having same issue but not just with gates but with station docking as well ship will go to gate or station and be anywhere from in it to a ways away and just sits there until you either select it again and hit d or u right click to jump or dock.
Khan Uzama
Akamai Ventures
#6 - 2014-08-25 23:07:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Khan Uzama
Unfortunately at the moment it seems somewhat random

Quieter system several different ships and characters, I haven't really tried to sort it out just noticed a few times I'll tab back to a character and he is sitting at the gate instead of jumping.

Autopilot seems to work fine. I did also notice it at a station. No error messages just slides up to the gate and sits there.

PC specs
Windows 7 64bit
i7 proc
16gb ram
AMD 7900 series video card
BigDaddyCB
Down In One
#7 - 2014-08-26 16:23:15 UTC
I notice this often, but it only seems to happen when I have two clients on the same machine in window mode. often I have them both jumping at the same time. when I window over I find the ship just sitting at the gate and I have to give the jump command again. Gate and/or stations.
Martin Corwin
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-08-26 19:48:58 UTC
Started to happen to me a few month ago. I stopped using the jump shortcut because of this. Using the button on "Selected item" window works everytime. Ship type afair: frigates (Minmatar)