These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP Response Regarding SOMER Blink Concerns

First post First post First post
Author
Sable Moran
Moran Light Industries
#481 - 2014-08-21 08:39:02 UTC
Andski wrote:
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
Any consideration regarding the fact that this action will most likely remove a large number of unique items from the game (namely, numerous AT prize ships and other not-obtainable-ever-again type ships that are/were in possession of Somer)?

A potential solution would be to auction these unique items through public contracts with the ISK going to CCP (ie. removed from the game). Might even help fight the inflation a bit :)


nobody's going to fly them anyway


Probably. But...

Now that is guaranteed whereas before there was a possibility - however small - to get a nice killmail because people are people, they do make mistakes.

Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene V - Moon 4 - Duvolle Labs Factory. Hybrid charges, Projectile ammo, Missiles, Drones, Ships, Need'em? We have'em, at affordable prices. Pop in at our Ammo Shop in sunny Alentene.

Pottebee
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#482 - 2014-08-21 08:55:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Pottebee
Both myself and Judge Judy(google name) expressed concerns at Somer recent enterprise/venture

I myself not a gambler but a long old player of eve , liked alot of his hard work and commitment to run such a fun for some site although only fools gamble, chance favours the prepared mind Idea

And finally i would like to say...............Judgement has been passed , real people, real ccp , real csm, sorry somer , one step too far Ugh

Oh and always honour ransom, Trium you should have took the ransom offer !!!Shocked
Aliventi
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#483 - 2014-08-21 08:57:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Aliventi
CCP Falcon wrote:

Frantico wrote:
I get why he got banned. BUT with banning him you also banned almost 30% of all the Unique ships in eve alliance turney ships of old and other ships that just dont exist anywhere else its alot of history that has been in 1 persons assets. for a game that is built around its rich history.

so what ccp should do is hold a auction of the seized Unique ships that way ccp can get eve history ships back out there to the public AND get alot of isk out of the game back to ccp.

whatever you choose to do CCP dont ruin the eve History by removing these ships from the game


We do not remove ISK or assets from banned accounts to re-distribute them into the game, regardless of their rarity or value.

I am curious as to why this is CCP's stance. What harm could come from redistributing assets of banned accounts in a responsible manner? It seems to me at the very least CCP (through CONCORD) could auction the assets of banned accounts off during a "PLEX 4 Good." That way the history of Eve and stories these ships may make some day aren't lost due to someone's irresponsible actions, and there is a "greater good" benefit out of the assets being auctioned. It seems to me like a win-win.
carbomb
Super Team Munkey
#484 - 2014-08-21 09:39:53 UTC
I might be wrong, quite often am but this seems to me that someone at ccp signed off on this without reading it properly. Someone higher caught it after the scheme had started and called a stop. Somer in protest posted copies of the conversations showing the given consent and rather than admit that they f**ked up, ccp digs a breach of service out of their pocket and bans somer.

just saying
Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#485 - 2014-08-21 09:46:55 UTC
carbomb wrote:
I might be wrong,


You are correct about that.
Edward Harris
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#486 - 2014-08-21 09:49:01 UTC
carbomb wrote:
I might be wrong, quite often am but this seems to me that someone at ccp signed off on this without reading it properly. Someone higher caught it after the scheme had started and called a stop. Somer in protest posted copies of the conversations showing the given consent and rather than admit that they f**ked up, ccp digs a breach of service out of their pocket and bans somer.

just saying


this.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#487 - 2014-08-21 09:49:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
carbomb wrote:
I might be wrong, quite often am but this seems to me that someone at ccp signed off on this without reading it properly. Someone higher caught it after the scheme had started and called a stop. Somer in protest posted copies of the conversations showing the given consent and rather than admit that they f**ked up, ccp digs a breach of service out of their pocket and bans somer.

just saying
Someone in sales, who should have passed it to legal but didn't, signed off on a proposal that was worded in such a way that it appeared to say one thing, and meant another, thus obscuring the true intent.

TL;DR SomerBlink attempted to pull the wool over CCP's eyes, and failed due to those pesky Eve players.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Vartan Sarkisian
Academy of the Unseen Arts
#488 - 2014-08-21 10:03:07 UTC
Lyron-Baktos wrote:
When does the ban take affect?


Did you actually read the 1st post from CCP Falcon? if not I suggest you do.
Rain6637
NulzSec
#489 - 2014-08-21 10:17:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
Quote:
You may not market, sell, advertise, promote, solicit or otherwise arrange for the exchange or transfer of items in the game or other game services unless it is for in-game sales of in-game services or items.


I'm curious if this is the death of more than just SOMER. does this also mean promoting PLEX purchases with ISK is not possible? I mean the real-money, out of game purchases that create PLEX. ISK is already an incentive for purchasing PLEX / it's the main reason (the sole reason, even?)... it makes sense that an offer of even more ISK is well-received by people who would purchase PLEX.

the concept also passed an inspection (albeit a brief / superficial one... PS: honey pot), and it hasn't so far been criticized as 'wrong.' but isn't it unrealistic to expect anyone will do that out of altruism, and for -no- tangible benefit (versus intangible benefit, like space fame or something)?

(there is one person I know of, who does stuff for the community in this way... the space deity known as Chribba )

but for people who are a little more.. practical, what are acceptable out-of-game reasons they could overpay for PLEX... are there any?

If CCP policy and player opinion is strictly ISK must always only equal ISK, having unlimited ISK (or effectively unlimited ISK) [still] leaves the effort of a player/entity restricted to TQ.

in the SOMER / MD arrangement, what could be offered as a referral reward that would be considered OK by CCP and the community as not-RMT?

example case: Amazon is an ETC reseller. assuming referrals can be verified by both Amazon and the referrer, would an Amazon credit arrangement be accepted by CCP and players as not-RMT?



a large group has strength in numbers... and for the group to be effective, the thinking should be left to as few people as possible. the power of that group of thinkers transcends any in-game "apex force."

(know them, but don't get stuck in the game mechanics. it makes one a worker bee, and it's gauche).
Enaris Kerle
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#490 - 2014-08-21 10:24:08 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
what are acceptable out-of-game reasons that someone could overpay for PLEX... are there any?

I can't think of any.

Rain6637 wrote:
in the SOMER / MD arrangement, what could be offered as a referral reward that would be considered OK by CCP and the community as not-RMT?

Expressions of gratitude works. Maybe a personalized poem.

Gallente born and raised, and tutored as a pleasure slave and courtesan to the exotic tastes of the Amarri court. Jade's career veered violently off course when a diplomatic envoy's transport was blown to pieces in mysterious circumstances and she was rescued from the escape pods by the enigmatic genetic mastermind Athule Snanm.

Tragot Gomndor
Three Sword Inc
#491 - 2014-08-21 10:28:09 UTC
+1 Falcon
+1 CSM
+1 anyone else

So who is doing a public falcon roam now? :D

NONONONONONO TO CAPS IN HIGHSEC NO

Edward Harris
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#492 - 2014-08-21 10:41:30 UTC
It's good to see that the CSM are supporting and respecting the CCP ToS by trolling and flaming in this thread - but I'm also sure they will not receive a ban or even a warning for misconduct. After all, noone is too big to fall in Eve.
BigSako
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#493 - 2014-08-21 10:48:19 UTC
So, technically EvENews24 and TheMittani are both RMT-ing, right?

ISK -> Writers
Writers -> Articles
Users read Articles and see advertisement on website
Mittani gets money for advertisement

http://i.imgur.com/i6L5GGY.png

just my .02 ISK.
Enaris Kerle
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#494 - 2014-08-21 10:53:21 UTC
BigSako wrote:
So, technically EvENews24 and TheMittani are both RMT-ing, right?

ISK -> Writers
Writers -> Articles
Users read Articles and see advertisement on website
Mittani gets money for advertisement

http://i.imgur.com/i6L5GGY.png

just my .02 ISK.

No, but good on you for not reading the thread. I'm sure your argument will become valid if you just repeat it enough times.

Gallente born and raised, and tutored as a pleasure slave and courtesan to the exotic tastes of the Amarri court. Jade's career veered violently off course when a diplomatic envoy's transport was blown to pieces in mysterious circumstances and she was rescued from the escape pods by the enigmatic genetic mastermind Athule Snanm.

Xtreem
Knockaround Guys Inc.
#495 - 2014-08-21 10:53:36 UTC
I think this was the right way to go.

I really really hope they do allow us to know what unique assets were banned.. why? because us collectors/resellers need this type of information to know how rare/valuable our assets now are. Volume is one of the most defining points of worth with rare assets.

Please CCP let us know what unique assets were banned, think of us legit traders :(
Flamespar
WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#496 - 2014-08-21 10:54:51 UTC
It's a shame that issues like this seem to so completely co-opt the attention of players. Personally I think CCP has bigger issues to deal with.
Rain6637
NulzSec
#497 - 2014-08-21 10:54:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
BigSako wrote:
So, technically EvENews24 and TheMittani are both RMT-ing, right?

ISK -> Writers
Writers -> Articles
Users read Articles and see advertisement on website
Mittani gets money for advertisement

http://i.imgur.com/i6L5GGY.png

just my .02 ISK.


about that. I generate an ad click ... pretty much every time I visit TMC and OCD-click in the margins (I don't know why I do it. keeping myself warm for game time? it occurs to me that my fingers deserve track pants. my clicky little finger athletes)

arguments against TMC will probably not get very far. (but yeah I know what it looks like)

I can also think of reasons why the involved transactions are removed enough to not be RMT.
Mallak Azaria
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#498 - 2014-08-21 10:58:03 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
I can also think of reasons why the involved transactions are removed enough to not be RMT.


Please tell me how offering people extra isk if they buy PLEX through your affiliate link & sell it back to you is not actually an attempt to launder isk.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Rain6637
NulzSec
#499 - 2014-08-21 11:00:04 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
I can also think of reasons why the involved transactions are removed enough to not be RMT.


Please tell me how offering people extra isk if they buy PLEX through your affiliate link & sell it back to you is not actually an attempt to launder isk.

that was referring to the ISK payment made to article writers for TMC.
Derrick Miles
Death Rabbit Ky Oneida
#500 - 2014-08-21 11:00:52 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
in the SOMER / MD arrangement, what could be offered as a referral reward that would be considered OK by CCP and the community as not-RMT?

example case: Amazon is an ETC reseller. assuming referrals can be verified by both Amazon and the referrer, would an Amazon credit arrangement be accepted by CCP and players as not-RMT?

Any out of game incentives, such as promos or sales by Amazon, are not considered RMT because they don't cross the boundary between in-game and out-of-game trading. The reason Somer's offer was RMT (I assume, as CCP never officially confirmed it) is because it traded the service of buying a PLEX in-game in exchange for using the referral link, which was a real money transaction between Somer and the GTC seller.

Fansites that use advertisements to generate revenue are not doing RMT. The reason is, they offer no in-game incentive for click-throughs on those ads, and any in-game services they may offer can be had without using anything that requires an action involving a real money exchange.