These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Community Concerns Regarding SOMERblink

First post First post
Author
aniel
Guardians of Toutatis
#601 - 2014-08-20 01:51:08 UTC
bring back somer please , it was fun
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#602 - 2014-08-20 01:52:40 UTC
Cameron Freerunner wrote:
And so concludes the longest running, most profitable, most meta, most ****-in-your-face scam in EVE history. No other scam will ever come close.

He got greedy and tried to scam CCP.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#603 - 2014-08-20 01:53:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Tippia wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
I just burned a PLEX to come back here and say:

This

Best PLEX expenditure ever.


If all SOMER accounts involved are swiftly banned and all the isk confiscated, Doc is in agreement, and he might have to burn a few more. We'll see how that first part goes...will be watching what CCP does. Blink

- SOMER, didn't your daddy ever teach you: Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#604 - 2014-08-20 01:53:43 UTC
aniel wrote:
bring back somer please , it was fun


I don't think anything was found to be wrong with their game.

But the operator decided that if he couldn't RMT, he'd just shut it down. Whether that's a fit of pique, for damage control, or to hide a deeper problem is still up in the air.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#605 - 2014-08-20 01:55:45 UTC
bacon lettuce tomato wrote:
CCP is going to lose a lot of PLEX sales and possibly subscriptions as a result of BLINK closing

If anything this is what is actually "screwing them over"


did you seriously make that char just to say that? wow.. stop trying to defend yourself with new alts all the time.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#606 - 2014-08-20 01:55:51 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
How is that any better than what Blink was doing?

Buy a bunch from our reseller get some isk free.. If what Blink is doing is RMT, then so it this.


Nope. That is "buy a bunch of PLEX codes, get *another PLEX code* free." The reseller still pays CCP for the plex code, and no ISK is involved, so it can't be RMT (trading ISK for cash)

Somer's scheme was "we'll give you an ISK bribe to steer your PLEX business to us." Which results in Somer getting cash in exchange for ISK. Which is RMT.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

John Ending
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#607 - 2014-08-20 01:58:05 UTC
Haha no one is gonna unsub because of Somer, some may actually come back if CCP clears up some blurred lines
bacon lettuce tomato
#608 - 2014-08-20 01:58:51 UTC
Lady Naween wrote:
bacon lettuce tomato wrote:
CCP is going to lose a lot of PLEX sales and possibly subscriptions as a result of BLINK closing

If anything this is what is actually "screwing them over"


did you seriously make that char just to say that? wow.. stop trying to defend yourself with new alts all the time.


¿Do you think I'm Somer?

BTW I heard he made over 100k through all this.

I bet you're jelly
Thead Enco
Thunderwaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#609 - 2014-08-20 01:59:38 UTC
John Ending wrote:
Haha no one is gonna unsub because of Somer, some may actually come back if CCP clears up some blurred lines


This^^^^^^^^^^^^
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#610 - 2014-08-20 02:00:06 UTC
John Ending wrote:
Haha no one is gonna unsub because of Somer, some may actually come back if CCP clears up some blurred lines


*Beat Beat Beat* Everybody get up...

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#611 - 2014-08-20 02:00:30 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
God damn I wish I weren't banned from their public channel on all of my characters. I'm too lazy to make another one.

I can just imagine the butthurt, especially at the time of the announcement.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Arec Bardwin
#612 - 2014-08-20 02:00:43 UTC
bacon lettuce tomato wrote:

¿Do you think I'm Somer?
I'd like to think you are. Makes your posts quite entertainingLol
Clanggedin Silverbeard
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#613 - 2014-08-20 02:00:56 UTC
John Ending wrote:
Haha no one is gonna unsub because of Somer, some may actually come back if CCP clears up some blurred lines


Even tho i was highly addicted to SOMER, i agree no one gonna unsub casue of somer, but also no one gonna come back casue ccp cleared some lines :D

Cheers.
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#614 - 2014-08-20 02:03:23 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
I just burned a PLEX to come back here and say:

This

Best PLEX expenditure ever.


If all SOMER accounts involved are swiftly banned and all the isk confiscated, Doc is in agreement, and he might have to burn a few more. We'll see how that first part goes...will be watching what CCP does. Blink

- SOMER, didn't your daddy ever teach you: Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

DOC is that you? Shocked

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

CCP Falcon
#615 - 2014-08-20 02:05:11 UTC
Hey guys,

We’re aware that SOMER Blink has posted a message to state that their services are shutting down.

We’re also well aware that a lot of members of the community have enjoyed playing SOMER Blink over the course of the last four years, and it’s very unfortunate and saddening to see a source of enjoyment for our players closing its doors.

In the same respect however, we believe that the promotion that caused this issue was not representative of the original proposal that was brought to CCP.

Given that we’re unable to provide reimbursements as per section 1.3 of our reimbursement policy, it’s good to see that SOMER Blink is shutting down in a controlled and stable manner, and that players will be able to withdraw their ISK and / or assets.

While we will be monitoring this closely, we have no intention of interfering with this process, as we feel that allowing players to be able to have their assets and / or ISK returned by SOMER Blink of their own free will is an important part of bringing this situation to a solid resolution.

We’ll have more information for you guys tomorrow, once myself and CCP Leeloo get back into the office and speak to the relevant people, including the CSM.

This remains a top priority for the community team, those involved in other parts of CCP, and the CSM.

Thanks for your patience while we work on bringing this to a close.



CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#616 - 2014-08-20 02:07:04 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
God damn I wish I weren't banned from their public channel on all of my characters. I'm too lazy to make another one.

I can just imagine the butthurt, especially at the time of the announcement.



Blink Channel wrote:
Channel MOTD: SOMER Blink | http://cogdev.net/blink/>cogdev.net/blink/
_________________________________
Announcement on the site.
Refunds are in progress. It's going to take time - there was 1.4T on deposit when we closed shop.
Thank you all for years of getting to do this. It was a great experience, and a majority of you were awesome people to interact with.
This channel is closed now.


300 people in channel and absolutely no activity, sadly.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Ace Boogi
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#617 - 2014-08-20 02:07:33 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
aniel wrote:
bring back somer please , it was fun


I don't think anything was found to be wrong with their game.

But the operator decided that if he couldn't RMT, he'd just shut it down. Whether that's a fit of pique, for damage control, or to hide a deeper problem is still up in the air.

It shows just how much a 'community service provider' he really was Twisted
Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#618 - 2014-08-20 02:08:58 UTC
bacon lettuce tomato wrote:
[


I bet you're jelly


Why would I be? I can still log in perfectly fine with my character so there is nothing to be jelly about :)
Cherry Yeyo
Doomheim
#619 - 2014-08-20 02:11:51 UTC
Ace Boogi wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
aniel wrote:
bring back somer please , it was fun


I don't think anything was found to be wrong with their game.

But the operator decided that if he couldn't RMT, he'd just shut it down. Whether that's a fit of pique, for damage control, or to hide a deeper problem is still up in the air.

It shows just how much a 'community service provider' he really was Twisted

Chribba is a community service provider because he doesnt expect anything in return for what he does, Somer on the other hand expected a great many things for what he does/did.

.

Alli Ginthur
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#620 - 2014-08-20 02:12:47 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
God damn I wish I weren't banned from their public channel on all of my characters. I'm too lazy to make another one.

I can just imagine the butthurt, especially at the time of the announcement.



Blink Channel wrote:
Channel MOTD: SOMER Blink | http://cogdev.net/blink/>cogdev.net/blink/
_________________________________
Announcement on the site.
Refunds are in progress. It's going to take time - there was 1.4T on deposit when we closed shop.
Thank you all for years of getting to do this. It was a great experience, and a majority of you were awesome people to interact with.
This channel is closed now.


300 people in channel and absolutely no activity, sadly.


[00:44:26] EVE System > Channel default access set to Moderated by Andrev Nox. This channel is now effectively running in moderated mode.