These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Burn Dodixie?

Author
Darth Kasbian
Brutal Deliverance
#41 - 2014-08-19 11:06:02 UTC
I vote burn Rens
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#42 - 2014-08-19 13:45:36 UTC
Marsan wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Heeyyy....
I am selling most of my stuff in Dodixie. Ugh
Not cool man, not cool....
I mean- you could at least have told me two weeks earlier, so I could have stocked the market with gankships...

Why do you sell in Dodi ? the prices suck.

I everything is relative there are things in Dodixie that are cheap and other that are expensive. Making isk is all about taking advantage of it. It's like back when I was mining. (I was working from home and had couple of semi-afk miners.) You haul the Ore back to the Hub for a better price. On the return trip you haul mining and ganking ships for a better price.

This.

Dodixie is a small market with a rather limited supply compared to Jita, resulting in much higher volatility.
Especially with t2 ships you can have massive price spikes for big $$$.
On the downside, the demand in Dodixie isn't even close to Jita, so it's not a very good market to sell huge quantities of goods. Also, I found the 0,01 ISK market bots/ market bot aspirants to be much more annyoing in Dodixie than in Jita.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Scout Vyvorant
Doomheim
#43 - 2014-08-19 14:02:13 UTC
I vote for:

"Burn Hek 2014 - a bbq summer event sponsored by goonswarm - free beer - steak medium rare"
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2014-08-19 14:03:36 UTC
Handar Turiant wrote:

Yeah, Uedama sounds a little more logical: and isn't it a CODE policed system?

Additionally: I wonder what the self appointed high sec saviours from CODE would think of the Goonwaffe invading their turf. Most likely run to a new system of course, but still...

My guess: they'd invite us to their fleets, since we'd clearly be there for purposes other than bot aspirancy.
Handar Turiant
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2014-08-19 14:06:54 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

Dodixie is a small market with a rather limited supply compared to Jita, resulting in much higher volatility.
On the downside, the demand in Dodixie isn't even close to Jita, so it's not a very good market to sell huge quantities of goods. Also, I found the 0,01 ISK market bots/ market bot aspirants to be much more annyoing in Dodixie than in Jita.

Seconding this. Buy orders are run by bots, can't setup anything without it being usurped at 1ISK within minutes. Market bots is something CCP allows I imagine? How do I get one?
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#46 - 2014-08-19 14:31:17 UTC
Handar Turiant wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

Seconding this. Buy orders are run by bots, can't setup anything without it being usurped at 1ISK within minutes. Market bots is something CCP allows I imagine? How do I get one?

Ever noticed when you buy items that usually get sold in larger quantities, like guns or t2 ammo, that there is often one single market order with one unit of the good that is noticeably cheaper than all the others?
For one single item, the competitors won't lower their prices to undercut the order.
But if you buy this one item, the magic happens: the order gets replaced immediately, again one single unit. So you can buy this single item over and over again and none of the competitors get their stuff sold.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2014-08-19 14:35:01 UTC  |  Edited by: RAIN Arthie
Correction... Burn the goons.
Robert Sawyer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#48 - 2014-08-19 14:59:56 UTC
erg cz wrote:
One would think, there is a better places to gank ships

Dodixie - 0.9 security, over 20 000 jumps per 24 hour

Uedama - 0.5 security, over 30 000 jumps per 24 hour

Gallente FW is not that much dependent on Dodixie as it is focused in Black Rise or Lonetrek.

Uedama = Major CODE hive, you may not want to gank until you buy those stupid "indulgences".

"And when, at last, the moment is yours, that agony will become your greatest triumph."

Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#49 - 2014-08-19 17:13:01 UTC
Why hasn't this rumor mongering thread been locked yet?

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

General Nusense
Doomheim
#50 - 2014-08-19 19:06:47 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Compared to Jita and Amarr - Dodi is a pretty minor hub, not sure why they would bother.

Recently GoonSwarm has reduced their "peacetime" srp preventing every pilot, except the leadership types that dont log in, to only receive 1bil in reimbursements. when the news broke, they had to switch up the targets and move to a slower hub. they are also have participation issues lately. sorta funny since they have 12k members.

Made a signature so I am taken seriously on the forums, since thats the only thing they are good for.

RoAnnon
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2014-08-19 21:30:06 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Tara Vorkosigan wrote:
Does it weigh as much as a duck?
If she weighs as much as a duck, she's made of wood....
And therefore... a witch!!!

She reset me:

She turned me into a neut!!!

So, you're a bounty hunter. No, that ain't it at all. Then what are you? I'm a bounty hunter.

Broadcast4Reps

Eve Vegas 2015 Pub Crawl Group 9

Houston EVE Meet

45thtiger 0109
Pan-Intergalatic Business Community
#52 - 2014-08-19 23:32:26 UTC
Syssa Binchiette wrote:
Tara Vorkosigan wrote:
Does it weigh as much as a duck?

Turned me into a newt!

Burn Dodixie? They must be really bored.

While you are at it you should Burn Rens as well. Big smile

**You Have to take the good with the bad and the bad with the good.

Welcome to EvE OnLiNe**

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2014-08-19 23:46:31 UTC
Sooooooooooo .....

The time is up ... still waiting for the goony birds to flock in.

They must have got the time wrong.
Solecist Project
#54 - 2014-08-20 00:02:08 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Handar Turiant wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

Ever noticed when you buy items that usually get sold in larger quantities, like guns or t2 ammo, that there is often one single market order with one unit of the good that is noticeably cheaper than all the others?
For one single item, the competitors won't lower their prices to undercut the order.
But if you buy this one item, the magic happens: the order gets replaced immediately, again one single unit. So you can buy this single item over and over again and none of the competitors get their stuff sold.

So this really IS happening!
Every time I came across this I thought I'm just seeing things!!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Previous page123