These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, 19th of August, at 17:00 UTC

First post
Author
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-08-15 13:51:59 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Hi!
We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, August 19th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time).

What exactly is being tested?
  • Sharing of overview settings
  • Copying of bookmarks
  • Stability and performance of client and server for Hyperion

How to connect to Singularity for this test:

Test steps:

• Meet in FD-MLJ at the gate to X-BV98
  • Test sharing of overview settings
  • Jump to X-BV98
  • Test copying of bookmarks
  • Align to planet 6
  • Warp to POS beacon
  • Shoot the control tower
  • Short NPC fight
  • Align to Poitot gate
  • Fleet W: Jump to Poitot and setup gate camp
  • Fleet X: Jump to Poitot + fight at the gate

What else should I know?
  • We will be moving players to the test system - join the channel massmoveme
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test
  • Bring many different ships. Cynos will be provided
  • Please make sure to have at least 20 bookmarks in your P&P before starting the mass test

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Sooyoung snsd
EndlessRain
Naval Defence Alliance
#2 - 2014-08-15 14:07:52 UTC
you mean of august? right?
Darkblad
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-08-15 14:23:14 UTC
You might want to adjust the thread title a bit Bear

NPEISDRIP

Noriko Mai
#4 - 2014-08-15 14:29:03 UTC
Darkblad wrote:

Why? Planning is everything!

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2014-08-15 14:44:39 UTC
Noriko Mai wrote:
Darkblad wrote:

Why? Planning is everything!

Oh wow - massive fail. Fixed.

JP Nakamura
Union of Intergalactic Miners and Nano Assemblers
#6 - 2014-08-15 17:57:46 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi!
We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, August 19th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time).

*snip*

After the last Mass Test killed so many OSX user's clients (could no longer connect to Tranquility till they reset or redownloaded), I think I'll say "Fool me once CCP, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you." and wish everyone who DOES participate "Good Luck".

CCP: 10+ years of Harvesting players Tears  (latest efforts being Source Limited Edition, and Alliance Logo Revised Policies)

CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2014-08-15 18:15:55 UTC
JP Nakamura wrote:
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi!

*snip*

After the last Mass Test killed so many OSX user's clients (could no longer connect to Tranquility till they reset or redownloaded), I think I'll say "Fool me once CCP, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you." and wish everyone who DOES participate "Good Luck".

After which mass test was this? The one for Crius or one of the mass tests for Kronos? I know that before Kronos some OSX users had problems after logging into Singularity because some settings were changed with the cider upgrade - but this had nothing to do directly with the mass test as far as I know. Are you talking about this or any other incident?

JP Nakamura
Union of Intergalactic Miners and Nano Assemblers
#8 - 2014-08-15 18:54:50 UTC  |  Edited by: JP Nakamura
CCP Habakuk wrote:
JP Nakamura wrote:
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi!

*snip*

After which mass test was this? The one for Crius or one of the mass tests for Kronos? I know that before Kronos some OSX users had problems after logging into Singularity because some settings were changed with the cider upgrade - but this had nothing to do directly with the mass test as far as I know. Are you talking about this or any other incident?

The one for Kronos. And I had two different computers that logged into SiSi just fine, but then would ONLY log into SiSi.

Yes, I know it was fixed, but since the OSX launcher/Client is the bastard redheaded stepchild in the compatibility wrapper, that incident was just one more reason (for me at least) to say "thanks for no thanks" to log into SiSi for any reason.

CCP: 10+ years of Harvesting players Tears  (latest efforts being Source Limited Edition, and Alliance Logo Revised Policies)

TomyLobo
U2EZ
#9 - 2014-08-16 03:43:18 UTC
Will there be a new mirror before the test?
Arcturus Gallow
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-08-16 12:10:24 UTC
TomyLobo wrote:

Yup, would be verynice !
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2014-08-18 19:00:31 UTC
Arcturus Gallow wrote:
TomyLobo wrote:

Yup, would be verynice !

No, there will be no new mirror before the mass test.

Meadowvale
0rder of the Golden Dawn
#12 - 2014-08-18 23:33:42 UTC
Can I suggest you add something along the lines of "make sure to export your overview settings so you can reset your overview to your normal preferences" - no doubt there will be a few crazy setups and if players dont know that selecting a "shared overview" will overwrite their current overview settings or how to revert to their normal settings, then a lot of ppl will be caught out.
TomyLobo
U2EZ
#13 - 2014-08-19 03:37:45 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Arcturus Gallow wrote:
TomyLobo wrote:

Yup, would be verynice !

Habakuk, why u do this? At 4 months back isn't sisi due for one already? At least, can we get one before hyperion?
Beseiged
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-08-19 06:11:13 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Arcturus Gallow wrote:
TomyLobo wrote:

Yup, would be verynice !

NOT TRUE!!!! None of my player accounts can access SiSi now.
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#15 - 2014-08-19 09:58:38 UTC
TomyLobo wrote:

Habakuk, why u do this? At 4 months back isn't sisi due for one already? At least, can we get one before hyperion?

Hmmm, the current mirror is from July 14th, 2014. This is slightly less than four months. Blink

CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2014-08-19 09:59:56 UTC
Beseiged wrote:
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Arcturus Gallow wrote:
TomyLobo wrote:

Yup, would be verynice !

NOT TRUE!!!! None of my player accounts can access SiSi now.

Then post here or send me an EVE-mail.

CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2014-08-19 10:04:49 UTC
Meadowvale wrote:
Can I suggest you add something along the lines of "make sure to export your overview settings so you can reset your overview to your normal preferences" - no doubt there will be a few crazy setups and if players dont know that selecting a "shared overview" will overwrite their current overview settings or how to revert to their normal settings, then a lot of ppl will be caught out.

This should help a bit with this: The previous overview setup is now stored and there is a button "Restore" in the bottom of the now "History" tab. This restore functionality will also be used during the mass test.

Arcturus Gallow
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2014-08-19 11:40:49 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
TomyLobo wrote:

Hmmm, the current mirror is from July 14th, 2014. This is slightly less than four months. Blink

How often do you make the mirrors usually, and how costly is it for you to make one in term of ressources and time ? Is the new release model making it harder for you to manage this?

(I'm not whining for a new mirror asap, its just curiosity)

As for the overview sharing, is it possible to store them in the notepad as it would be for a fitting ?
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#19 - 2014-08-19 12:10:10 UTC
Arcturus Gallow wrote:
CCP Habakuk wrote:
TomyLobo wrote:

How often do you make the mirrors usually, and how costly is it for you to make one in term of ressources and time ? Is the new release model making it harder for you to manage this?

(I'm not whining for a new mirror asap, its just curiosity)

As for the overview sharing, is it possible to store them in the notepad as it would be for a fitting ?

A new mirror is still costing a lot of time and it also often causes unexpected problems (many things, which can go wrong). The new release model puts more pressure on doing more frequent mirrors and on fixing the problems, which make mirrors unreliable.

Overview sharing: You can store a link to several overview setups in your notepad (the content itself is stored on the server in this case). The overview itself stores the last view clicked links in the history tab. For more details please head over to the overview thread.

Timber Caliderane
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2014-08-19 17:54:39 UTC
My first one....and I missed it.
12Next page