These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

142 Days of Coalition Sovereignty

Author
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-08-18 18:48:50 UTC
Video is HERE.

What do you all think of null?
Tweek Etimua
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-08-18 18:53:44 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Video is HERE.

It's time for a war.
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-08-18 18:56:44 UTC
Does it matter what we think? I left null because it's dull, boring, and stale. Like a year old rice cake. Nothing has changed since then, with the exception of the dust up in Providence/Catch.

Regardless of our opinions on the matter, the situation will not change in the short term. I know CCP Seagull has stated there are ambiguous plans to make changes to nullsec "before the end of the year" (hint, that's rapidly approaching there sports fans), but unless those changes are drastic in nature, we'll still be humming the same tune come January 1.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

stoicfaux
#4 - 2014-08-18 18:57:41 UTC
N3 is where the action is?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

fairimear
Event Hor1zon
#5 - 2014-08-18 19:03:20 UTC
But it's a sandbox. we have the content creation going on. so many fights in catch/querious/delve.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-08-18 19:14:26 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Video is HERE.

Working as designed but not as intended?
Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-08-18 19:15:26 UTC
Getting fights every day, dun care of the map.
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2014-08-18 19:21:17 UTC
I have stated this before in a similar thread, but it bears repeating.

Given the horrible designs of Dominion sov, and the fact that there appears to be changes to sov coming in the near future, this state of things shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. There is absolutely no reason to go on a trillion HP grindfest until we know more about what's coming. Each alliance/coalition is better served by just holding onto what they have for the moment.

I can only hope that the changes come before the current state of things causes too many players to bow out from sheer boredom.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-08-18 19:22:54 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Video is HERE.

I try not to.
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-08-18 19:28:19 UTC
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:

Given the horrible designs of Dominion sov, and the fact that there appears to be changes to sov coming in the near future, this state of things shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. There is absolutely no reason to go on a trillion HP grindfest until we know more about what's coming. Each alliance/coalition is better served by just holding onto what they have for the moment.

I can only hope that the changes come before the current state of things causes too many players to bow out from sheer boredom.

I am more or less in this situation. It's one of the reasons I bailed on null and went to faction warfare. I'll be fair - yes, there are fights in nullsec. But sov as it stands is static (HERO and Provi not withstanding, and even that is realtively small scale). And as Gallowmere rightly points out, the big coalitions would be ludicrous to launch an all out invasion before we see where CCP is going with nullsec. Anything they do now may put them in a worse position after changes are made - better the devil you know.

Nullsec should be a vibrant place, full of activity, not a wasteland punctuated by pockets of population and the occasional roaming gang (which, like as not, is either scouting for or about to become the victim of a super carrier hotdrop).

I love the idea of nullsec. The reality of it, however, leaves a bitter taste on the tongue.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#11 - 2014-08-18 19:37:29 UTC

Given the horrible designs of Dominion sov,

What people forget is that SOV before Dominion sucked even more than it does now. The POS grind was beyond insane, it's a cake walk now in comparison.

What changed was the reasons for fighting: The relative value of null sec vs the rest of EVE-space. Sure, null systems are potentially more valuable now than before Dominion's upgrade system, but relative to high end wormholes and faction warfare pve not to mention high sec activities like incursions and how easy ships like Marauders have made high sec pvp, null is many times less valuable to the high SP pve farmer that it was pre-Dominion. Those 'farmers' were important to the grand scheme of null sec life

People endured the insane pos grinding because at the end of is was useable space with moons and pve content and belt rats that could be used by the alliance to get the funds for other things (i remember when my old corp had to pay 'alliance tax'). Now moon goo is bound to a political system, null pve is something done by renters, ninjas and coalition grunts to stupid to roll a faction warfare bomber alt or buy an incursion runner alt and the SOV system is perceived to be oppressive when the system it replaced was many times MORE oppressive.

Marsha Mallow
#12 - 2014-08-18 19:39:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Marsha Mallow
Nice soundtrack Lol

Glad I left tbh, lowsec is quite lively by comparison. It's a shame as there are some awesome people in null, but they are all bored off their ****, and their whining is annoying. Sov griping was boring in 2011 and now it's just gibbering.

Although it's tempting to pop an alt into that Wreaking Campaign just for the hilarity factor. The impact on sov is likely to be nil, but who cares v0v. Pretty sure I have dozens of draeks scattered about I can helpfully offer to bring to ops. Too many people in null have lost the will to fight for the sake of it, and that's more about player mentality than CCP, so start taking some responsibility.

Btw those outside of null (even if they know stagnant sov is bad for the game overall) seem to find all the sov-raging highly entertaining. Fair enough as Gallowmere and De'Veldrin remarked, it'd be silly to campaign now. Doesn't mean you can't girlfight for a bit inbetween :p

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Marc Durant
#13 - 2014-08-18 19:41:05 UTC
It's not the value of null that might be the issue, it's the fact that bears are in control of it.

Yes, yes I am. Thanks for noticing.

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-08-18 19:41:30 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

What changed was the reasons for fighting:

And that's the crux of the matter - there is just no good reason to go grind that much EHP into dust when you can obtain the same results elsewhere for much less effort.

Paranoid Loyd
#15 - 2014-08-18 20:04:18 UTC
Looks more like a croissant and a maple bar than a doughnut. Lol

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Ab'del Abu
Atlantis Ascendant
#16 - 2014-08-18 20:36:41 UTC
Extremely awesome and exciting. Not.
Anslo
Scope Works
#17 - 2014-08-18 20:38:21 UTC
Death to all supers.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

ashley Eoner
#18 - 2014-08-18 21:06:47 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

Given the horrible designs of Dominion sov,

What people forget is that SOV before Dominion sucked even more than it does now. The POS grind was beyond insane, it's a cake walk now in comparison.

What changed was the reasons for fighting: The relative value of null sec vs the rest of EVE-space. Sure, null systems are potentially more valuable now than before Dominion's upgrade system, but relative to high end wormholes and faction warfare pve not to mention high sec activities like incursions and how easy ships like Marauders have made high sec pvp, null is many times less valuable to the high SP pve farmer that it was pre-Dominion. Those 'farmers' were important to the grand scheme of null sec life

People endured the insane pos grinding because at the end of is was useable space with moons and pve content and belt rats that could be used by the alliance to get the funds for other things (i remember when my old corp had to pay 'alliance tax'). Now moon goo is bound to a political system, null pve is something done by renters, ninjas and coalition grunts to stupid to roll a faction warfare bomber alt or buy an incursion runner alt and the SOV system is perceived to be oppressive when the system it replaced was many times MORE oppressive.

Bullshit. I can easily afford to rent my own system in nullsec based off just the active isk (the passive isk alone pays for the space leaving active site running etc as pure profit). THe issue isn't potential income in nullsec the real issue are the corporations themselves. You decided to join a nullblock corp/alliance that puts it's priorities on the corp/alliance over the little people. Those corps/alliances then rent out vast regions of their space and then you're shocked when you have few areas to grind isk. Then you come here and QQ about how OMG NULLSEC IS SO BAD FOR ISK AND HIGHSEC IS THE BESTEST EVA FOR INCOME!! As you ignore the billion isk ships you get replaced by your alliance for "free" with the income they get from renting etc.

If your corp is really that upset about losing the farmers then they might consider renting out less of your space so those farmers have some place to farm.

I do second your comment about the pre-dominion SOV though my god that was awful.

I also agree with the notion that nothing much is going to happen till the SOV changes are solid.

Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-08-18 21:14:33 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Too many people in null have lost the will to fight for the sake of it, and that's more about player mentality than CCP, so start taking some responsibility.

Fights for the sake of fights are still very much a thing. Killboards can easily verify this. It's not about that, because we already have that.
This thread is specifically pointing at the fact that sov isn't changing hands. Since that's the case, even though fights are still going, it tells me that the problem is with the sov mechanics as well, not just the players. Regardless of how much time we may invest into this game, it's still just that, a game. Popping ihubs with siege bombers is no one's idea of a good time. Dropping supers for it would be ridiculous, considering what I already said, about the coming sov changes being little more than rumor.
I don't know about you, but I am not cool with the idea of putting hundreds of billions of ISK in alliance assets at risk, to tool with a system that might be completely different in a few months.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#20 - 2014-08-18 21:21:48 UTC
You forgot to cry about how power projection is to blame for everything.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

123Next pageLast page