These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

T2 Miasmos, low cost nerfed Orca?

Author
Michael Rolland
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-08-18 15:46:23 UTC
With the addition of the Prospect and more ore anomalies in low sec, I would like to see the trend of more ships to mine in hostile environments continue by adding a T2 Miasmos. Increase the power grid to where the Nereus is at, so you can fit a 10mn mwd and use the mwd/cloak trick. Add a high slot and remove the turret hard points and give it the ability to use 2 warfare links and room to fit them. As far as requirements and other bonuses I am not sure. If its cost were similar to other T2 industrials, around 200 million isk, then it would be much more viable in hostile space than an Orca, and it would fulfill the role of boosting mining and hauling ore somewhere else.
Bill Lane
Strategic Insanity
FUBAR.
#2 - 2014-08-25 21:47:07 UTC
Sounds like an outstanding idea to me. My alt is an Orca booster, but due to the incredible speed of interceptors nowadays, boosting anywhere outside of highsec becomes an off-grid, sit-in-your-POS bore. A T2 Miasmos would be an excellent option for ninja-mining wormholes and even be useful in low/null. It would also go nicely with the Prospect as a covops booster/hauler. Cargo should be slightly larger than standard Miasmos cargo, maybe closer to 85-90k m3 so the Orca is still much better at hauling. 3 high slots, 1 for covops cloak and 2 for mining links. Links should provide boosts that are about 50% that of the Orca, scaling with skills and implants. Would still make Orca better, Rorqual still the king, but have a third option with the smallest yet stealthy capabilities.

Sorry if I kind of directed your thread, just thought I'd throw out some options. Really like your idea, surprised nobody has said anything about it in a week. Maybe we're strange....

Also to piggyback on this, right before I read this I was thinking that a rig to add a fleet hangar to haulers might be a good idea, so they can be used as legitimate haulers instead of a jetcan cleanup machines.