These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What exactly happened to CODE?

First post
Author
Binah 369
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#101 - 2014-08-18 06:16:46 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Binah 369 wrote:
Retar Aveymone wrote:
Binah 369 wrote:
CODE. is insignificant. They always have been and they always will be. I am not sure why there was any anticipation of any other result than what ended up happening. Did people really expect them to fight against ships with guns?

The moment they form a real fleet (even a rifter blob would be fine by me) and come out to null is the moment they will have my attention and respect.

whoa the respect of binah 369, noted person people care about

that's some serious stuff

Insignificant troll from insignificant pilot is still insignificant. Go figure.
That applies as much to your post as it does to his tbh Shocked

Did I suggest otherwise? Shocked
Anal Canal
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#102 - 2014-08-18 06:24:59 UTC
The lack of points prevent my premier of the 'Code Combat Orca'...

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#103 - 2014-08-18 06:49:16 UTC
The Great Karnak predicts much controversy.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#104 - 2014-08-18 06:59:24 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

If the goal of entering the AT was to win, yes, we would have fielded Vexors/Ishtars/Navy Vexors/Dominixes or something like that. Lots of our mains have decent drone skills since I've been pushing people to train into gank Vexor fits.

If the goal of entering was to have fun and cause hilarious stories for almost all of EVE to laugh with, we'd have forfeited.

If some of us had bet on a 100-0 whelping, we might also have forfeited.

If RvB or a third party offered us good ISK, we might have forfeited.

Draw your own conclusions.

Not laughing with. Laughing at.

If you wanted to be laughed with, a fleet of T1 fit T1 frigs named "Catalyst" would have gotten the same attention, and far, far less genuine derision. A fleet of mining barges would have trumped that. Battle ventures maybe, or suddenly Badger! (*disclaimer I have no idea if AT rules actually permit these, but you get the idea.)

Used to be a fan of the code antics - opening up the sandbox, forcing people to adapt, countering the myth of "safe" space, creating an intelligent bastard persona for it's pilots and the alliance to fence with the miner-whiners. Now... Too many juvenile hangers on, living off the shadows of past rhetoric and believing the great joke to be reality.

o/
Binah 369
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#105 - 2014-08-18 07:18:04 UTC
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

If the goal of entering the AT was to win, yes, we would have fielded Vexors/Ishtars/Navy Vexors/Dominixes or something like that. Lots of our mains have decent drone skills since I've been pushing people to train into gank Vexor fits.

If the goal of entering was to have fun and cause hilarious stories for almost all of EVE to laugh with, we'd have forfeited.

If you wanted to be laughed with, a fleet of T1 fit T1 frigs named "Catalyst" would have gotten the same attention, and far, far less genuine derision. A fleet of mining barges would have trumped that. Battle ventures maybe, or suddenly Badger! (*disclaimer I have no idea if AT rules actually permit these, but you get the idea.)

Used to be a fan of the code antics - opening up the sandbox, forcing people to adapt, countering the myth of "safe" space, creating an intelligent bastard persona for it's pilots and the alliance to fence with the miner-whiners. Now... Too many juvenile hangers on, living off the shadows of past rhetoric and believing the great joke to be reality.

o/

well said.
Anal Canal
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#106 - 2014-08-18 07:27:58 UTC
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

o/

The time value of money.

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#107 - 2014-08-18 07:34:12 UTC
Anal Canal wrote:
The lack of points prevent my premier of the 'Code Combat Orca'...

And the lack of skill prevented you from fighting with anything else!
Twisted

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Matius Udan
Padecains Exploration and Recon Inc
#108 - 2014-08-18 07:36:47 UTC
Sure I read somewhere that Jimmy 'THE CODE' (some numbers) said that players interested in making money was selfish and bad and whatever.
Now it seems the CODE people are in it for the money.
Although it will have little impact on what they do, as they will just keep doing it, and what they do is funny, its just a shame they didnt give us a good fight to watch.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#109 - 2014-08-18 07:40:09 UTC
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

o/

I probably would have suggested something like that that if I was on the team (i.e. able to compete, darn cutoff), but this worked. It got everyone talking.

Chaos is good.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

flakeys
Doomheim
#110 - 2014-08-18 07:55:47 UTC  |  Edited by: flakeys
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Kayagainen Iwalula wrote:
Why didn't they field thrashers and nados instead? If they were dead-set on fielding a gank squad they should have had the foresight to know that someone would have banned their signature ships.

I understand , it must be a dreadfull idea to fight an equal force while they also have guns like yourselves .

/me shivers .... what a terrifying idea .

Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

I probably would have suggested something like that that if I was on the team (i.e. able to compete, darn cutoff), but this worked. It got everyone talking.

Chaos is good.

I know there is a saying that goes ''any publicity is good publicity'' but if your the laugh of the day it is something i find hard to believe.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

La Rynx
Caldari State
#111 - 2014-08-18 08:24:49 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

Chaos is good.

Sure, it was all planned alright.
Just for the fun of it, let me break it to you again:
CODE. failed massivly. So massive, that any excuse like making ISK or upholding the code, blow right back into your faces.

Running away was PRICELESS!

There is no equivalent in ISK.

Oh and by the way:
Only CODE. is in chaos, the rest is just laughing hard!
Big smile

La Rynx
Caldari State
#112 - 2014-08-18 08:29:28 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Matius Udan wrote:
Sure I read somewhere that Jimmy 'THE CODE' (some numbers) said that players interested in making money was selfish and bad and whatever.
Now it seems the CODE people are in it for the money.

No it dosn't seem so, thats just Propaganda.

Hint: "Propaganda" equals "Lies"

Read this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2dtert/rvb_best_ban_ever_catalyst_vs_code_code_forfeits/

Quote:
So for fun, I'll release this.
[ 2014.07.09 01:20:36 ] loyalanon > we havent even had 12 people x up for alliance team
Clockwork Pineapple were the reason code were even in the alliance tournament, since we floated them the isk and plex to get started. However they just didn't have the people wanting to even participate. Their FC Loyalan0n wanted to legit have people participate and have a serious run, but their own membership couldn't give a ****. With a month until the start of the tournament they had done no practices, didn't have a team and didn't even have a single comp set up. We tried to get them to have a few members tag along to our practices against rote, but they just said **** it and kept shooting freighters.
[ 2014.06.22 00:19:55 ] Elmnt80 > Hey, I was curious what preperations code had started making for AT practices
[ 2014.06.22 00:20:15 ] Elmnt80 > Or if you were waiting for duality
[ 2014.06.22 00:25:06 ] Elmnt80 > But basicly, I want to offer any help I can. Because watching pubbies heads start exploding when you guys start winning will be the best thing ever.
[ 2014.06.22 00:31:07 ] loyalanon > nothing really
[ 2014.06.22 00:31:12 ] loyalanon > we are going to gank freighters till monday
[ 2014.06.22 00:31:14 ] loyalanon > then start practising
[ 2014.06.22 00:31:20 ] loyalanon > but if you guys want to train against us would be cool
[ 2014.06.22 00:41:01 ] Elmnt80 > Yeah, we can also help you guys with some basic fits and setups to get started if you'd like. We do practices on */* at : on singularity (at least until duality is up)
[ 2014.06.22 00:44:39 ] Elmnt80 > Tuesdays would probably work better, since we tend to practice against rote on wedsdays
[ 2014.06.22 00:50:02 ] loyalanon > yes no problems
[ 2014.06.22 00:50:09 ] loyalanon > that would be amazing
[ 2014.06.22 00:55:41 ] Elmnt80 > Cool, and like I said, I really wanna see you guys take home a few wins. The reaction of all the pubbies currently going "DURR HURR, AIN'T NO MINING BARGES OR FREIGHTERS IN THE TOURNAMENT" will be priceless
[ 2014.06.22 00:56:40 ] loyalanon > yeah hardcore
[ 2014.07.09 01:19:42 ] Elmnt80 > Well, if you do have people on who want to come practice, have them get on our TS
[ 2014.07.09 01:19:50 ] Elmnt80 > and we'll combine teams for a practice or two
[ 2014.07.09 01:20:01 ] Elmnt80 > then your dudes can get an idea of the kind of flying they need to do
[ 2014.07.09 01:20:29 ] loyalanon > yeah mate at the moment we have noone online
[ 2014.07.09 01:20:36 ] loyalanon > we havent even had 12 people x up for alliance team
[ 2014.07.09 01:20:56 ] Elmnt80 > Well, you should show up
[ 2014.07.09 01:21:15 ] Elmnt80 > cause I know we won't have people today and will need extras. :P
[ 2014.07.09 01:23:14 ] loyalanon > give me a little bit
[ 2014.07.09 01:23:27 ] Elmnt80 > We won't be starting until : anyways
[ 2014.07.09 01:23:42 ] Elmnt80 > Just meet us in ** around then anyways
[ 2014.07.09 01:26:58 ] loyalanon > kk ill let you know
He decided to gank freighters instead. :v:

All whats left is hysterical damage control!

Marc Callan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2014-08-18 08:50:53 UTC
Isn't part of the point of the Alliance Tournament to generate publicity for EVE to attract new blood?

And doesn't applying for one of the limited number of slots in the Alliance Tournament (even if it was with other people's money) carry with it an implicit promise to ... how can I phrase this properly ... participate?

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegurt

Grog Aftermath
Doomheim
#114 - 2014-08-18 08:51:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Grog Aftermath
I believe people pay to watch the tournament (never seen one myself although did consider it up until 2012 I think when some group threw the contest)

I hope CCP takes these events seriously and investigates the reasons behind what happened and then takes appropriate action. Because, if this is allowed to continue it puts future tournaments in jeopardy.

There should be no scamming or bribing or simply trying to bring the tournament into disrepute allowed. For the tournament to work it has to be serious for it to mean anything.
embrel
BamBam Inc.
#115 - 2014-08-18 09:39:05 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
but this worked. It got everyone talking.

a streaker gets everyone talking too and the chase is always nice to watch.
Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#116 - 2014-08-18 09:47:41 UTC
Is this one of thsoe GRRR CODE. threads?

My neutral alt got touched on his freighter but for some reason they forgot to finish the job.
Ab'del Abu
Atlantis Ascendant
#117 - 2014-08-18 10:00:50 UTC
Grog Aftermath wrote:
I believe people pay to watch the tournament (never seen one myself although did consider it up until 2012 I think when some group threw the contest)

Watching the AT live on twitch is for free.
MonkeyBusiness Thiesant
Pandemic Unicorns
#118 - 2014-08-18 10:17:18 UTC
Don't have much time for CODE myself, but quitting because the opponents banned Taloses/Cats is pure style.
Solecist Project
#119 - 2014-08-18 10:24:48 UTC
http://residentoutlaw.tumblr.com - CODE, RvB, the AT, and what DJEntropy said .... :)

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Sergeant Justice
Pixel Knights
Dead Pixels Inc
#120 - 2014-08-18 10:50:42 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
http://residentoutlaw.tumblr.com - CODE, RvB, the AT, and what DJEntropy said .... :)

The damagecontrol is strong in this one. 0/10 for no effort though

Pretty sure selling spots at this stage is forbidden anyway.