These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

20 days of sentry t2 drone make me confuse now with that patch

First post
Author
So riya
Quebec's Underdog League
Quebec United Legions
#1 - 2014-08-17 04:00:12 UTC  |  Edited by: So riya
t2 sentry and faction sentry do the same dps

i had training my skill to lvl5 long time ago but now sentry lvl 5 give me just 5 % more damage bonus .
plz i dont want this lvl 5 ....can u unlocated my skill plz ! ....sentry lvl 4 is enought i dont need lvl 5 .

faction sentry cost 3 m
t2 sentry cost 1.5 m .....
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#2 - 2014-08-17 04:27:26 UTC
Nope.
Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-08-17 05:10:21 UTC
So riya wrote:

How are you getting the racial drone specialization bonus to apply to faction sentries?
Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#4 - 2014-08-17 07:01:36 UTC
So riya wrote:

faction sentry cost 3 m
t2 sentry cost 1.5 m .....

good for you..you now see a benefit to t2, they are cheaper. Now go do pvp, lose handfuls of sentries per month to various reasons and work out isk saved.

Not sure if serious or trolling...but either way in the future remember one thing. CCP did not reimburse minmatar for capital launcher skills when nag went full guns on the high slots. If weapon completely deprecated and no love....think how other things will go.

Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-08-17 10:16:19 UTC
By the way you write and the way you wrote your message, I'm assuming your a troll.
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2014-08-17 12:11:43 UTC
Komi Toran wrote:
So riya wrote:

How are you getting the racial drone specialization bonus to apply to faction sentries?

It should given its required for factions
Zan Shiro
Alternative Enterprises
#7 - 2014-08-17 12:58:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Zan Shiro
NEONOVUS wrote:
Komi Toran wrote:
So riya wrote:

It should given its required for factions

welcome to faction....it doesn't get the full bene's of t2. have to give t2 its special abilities to make the pita of mastering them desirable. Enter the many faction guns are meh threads. They offer good performance at lower entry points. That is what faction offers. Want the full tour, t2 is the path that must be followed.

Now we could argue cost and such....that is heavily player based. Mixed with out of dated item requirements that I would fully agree need to be changed. Courtesy of empire plex drops you get ds level gear cheap as hell killing any real need for most faction tank mods imo as an example. And they can't drop price to compete. But that tangent is for another thread perhaps.
Bohneik Itohn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-08-17 15:15:18 UTC
Zan Shiro wrote:

welcome to faction....it doesn't get the full bene's of t2. have to give t2 its special abilities to make the pita of mastering them desirable. Enter the many faction guns are meh threads. They offer good performance at lower entry points. That is what faction offers. Want the full tour, t2 is the path that must be followed.

Now we could argue cost and such....that is heavily player based. Mixed with out of dated item requirements that I would fully agree need to be changed. Courtesy of empire plex drops you get ds level gear cheap as hell killing any real need for most faction tank mods imo as an example. And they can't drop price to compete. But that tangent is for another thread perhaps.

CCP has stated their intention of making faction weapons systems more desirable for seasoned players, putting them on par with T2 weapons and giving them different flavors and uses for more variety in gameplay.

If I'm not mistaken the recent changes to drones took that into account, and they made faction drones on par with T2 drones, with slight variations.

Expect the same with turrets and launchers when the module tiericide starts.

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-08-17 16:27:31 UTC
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
If I'm not mistaken the recent changes to drones took that into account, and they made faction drones on par with T2 drones, with slight variations.

T2 drones still retain a 2-10% damage advantage, while faction drones have significantly more EHP and slightly better tracking.
Bohneik Itohn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2014-08-17 16:45:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Bohneik Itohn
Komi Toran wrote:
Bohneik Itohn wrote:

T2 drones still retain a 2-10% damage advantage, while faction drones have significantly more EHP and slightly better tracking.

Derp. That's right, Sentries don't have integrated and augmented versions (Yet? Does anyone know of any intention to add them?) and augmented drones are the ones that match T2's and have different damage type profiles.

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#11 - 2014-08-17 17:19:30 UTC
Quote:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department