These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Sadly, issues with first mission:(

Author
Josh Baradin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-12-08 18:46:49 UTC
Good afternoon. So I am playing through the first mission. I received my ship, and it says I need to go find an object. I do not know where this object is, or what it looks like. Could someone help me out?

Ty.
L'ouris
Have Naught Subsidiaries
#2 - 2011-12-08 19:01:12 UTC
Try this again:

Are you still sitting in space in your new ship?

There should be a gate near you that you can activate after left clicking on it. Look for a long thing that resembles a set of dino ribs.

In the next pocket there is a structure you can approach and open. Inside is your thingie.
Josh Baradin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2011-12-09 10:53:46 UTC
Good morning. I have another issue with the first mission(Embarassing :( ). I got my ship, I retrieved the cargo I was supposed to. I completed the mission. Now it wants me to equip my ship with a gun and repair systems that I retrieved. I can fit the gun but not the repair systems, it says I need to learn it. It isnt available in my skills menu. Someone says I should have learned it through the tutorial but I do not think I was presented it. Is there a way to go back and learn it? I really dont want to pay 30,000 isk to buy the repair systems skill or reroll another character.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Serafiel
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2011-12-09 11:12:44 UTC
Josh Baradin wrote:
Good morning. I have another issue with the first mission(Embarassing :( ). I got my ship, I retrieved the cargo I was supposed to. I completed the mission. Now it wants me to equip my ship with a gun and repair systems that I retrieved. I can fit the gun but not the repair systems, it says I need to learn it. It isnt available in my skills menu. Someone says I should have learned it through the tutorial but I do not think I was presented it. Is there a way to go back and learn it? I really dont want to pay 30,000 isk to buy the repair systems skill or reroll another character.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

30k isk? Wait until you have to shell out 400mil for capital ships book...;) seriously tho, if no mission had given you the skill book (while saying that it will) id petition that, maybe its bugged. For now just buy the skillbook off the market.
L'ouris
Have Naught Subsidiaries
#5 - 2011-12-09 13:58:09 UTC
He's done one mission, he probably only has 100k :)

I'd check your items hanger before making a petition, the skill books from the tutorial tend to land there.

Just dock in the station you woke up in and left click on the items button, should be near the bottom of the side menu bar.

If it's still not there, go ahead and file a petition.
Josh Baradin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-12-09 14:01:28 UTC
I definately have checked the Items many times. The only thing in there is the actual fitting for Repair Systems, not the book .
Anasctazia Dibella
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-12-09 14:46:17 UTC
Hi. I did the same tutorial missions earlier today. It worked fine for me. If you're missing the skill book, it sounds like you didn't do the skill learning part of the tutorial. I think you should go back and do the earliest part of the tutorial again. If I remember correctly, the skill book was something that the teacher added to the player and you could find in your inventory.

Sorry for my bad descriptions, but rest assured that the tutorial isn't bugged. I've done it very recently myself. Try looking around for that book. It should be hanging around there somewhere, Federal Navy brother!
Josh Baradin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-12-09 14:48:54 UTC
How can I go back and redo the mission?
Josh Baradin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2011-12-09 14:53:32 UTC
Update: I just signed in to look around for it, and there it was in my inventory when I definately had checked multiple times. I know iI have checked because I tried equipping the repair systems fitting to my ship, and I remember seeing Items [1]. I opened up a petition about 20 minutes ago. I guess they put it in my inventory!

Thanks anyways.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#10 - 2011-12-09 14:55:35 UTC
Josh Baradin wrote:
I definately have checked the Items many times. The only thing in there is the actual fitting for Repair Systems, not the book .

Did you maybe inject it?

Flying through one of the rookie systems, this happened to another newbie.

Apparently the tutorial progression went something like this:

"we're going to show you how skill injecting works", we've given you a skillbook for $SKILL.
...Now that the book is in your hangar, right click on it and choose Inject Skill.
(stuff about how you can train injected skills later ... blah blah ... maybe a "OK, now from your character sheet, train the skill" message ... end of tutorial)

(next tutorial)
OK, take $MODULE and fit it to your ship (rookie -- "Uh, guys, I can't. Says I don't have the skill")

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Anasctazia Dibella
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2011-12-09 14:58:50 UTC
Yay! All's well that ends well, eh? Big smile
Josh Baradin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2011-12-09 15:10:03 UTC
Yes thank you.
Ettu Brute II
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2011-12-15 07:40:20 UTC
Several of the career tutorial missions give you a module and tell you to fit it, but the skill that enables you to do that is actually the reward for successfully completing the mission. Seems a bit ****-eyed to me.

Also, at least one mission tells you to learn a skill given in the Crash Course, which as far as I'm aware no longer exists.
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2011-12-15 16:20:20 UTC
ya, the missions are kinda bugged. I got stuck for an hour on the Air Show - Kick the Fires. Could not for the life of me find the damn beacons to fly to. I checked my overhead and had about 3 beacons checked to show but that was not it. Did a little googling and it turns out, the beacon I needed was classified as Large Collidable Structures. Once I checked it, the beacons showed up.

What sucked is I know I checked that earlier because one of the very first mission teaches you about the overhead and the example they make you choose is the Large Collidable Structures. So, it's either bugged or my overview was reset somehow. Or I reset it and did not know about it.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Air_Show!_-_Kick_the_Fires...%3F_level_1
Bridgette D'Iberville
Doomheim
#15 - 2011-12-15 21:03:41 UTC
I've done the newbie starter and career agent missions for everyone but Minmatar over the last week and they all seem to be working (at least for me). Make sure to go all the way through the Aura pop-up tutorials as that is where most of the skill books are handed out (and they land in your item hangar). Additionally, most of the equipment you are issued is the Civilian version of actual equipment. The Civilian versions require no skill to use or fit, from what I can tell. Unfortunately,the Civilian versions only seem to work during these tutorial missions. On the plus side, you can reprocess them for materials.

- My overviews seem to change alot and I try not to mess with them too much. Not sure why that happens.

- Also, the smartbomb mission definitely taught me to keep local up. Kind of annoying that instructions/advice for these starter missions occasionally appear in pop-up windows and occasionally in local.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#16 - 2011-12-15 21:34:09 UTC
Bridgette D'Iberville wrote:
I've done the newbie starter and career agent missions for everyone but Minmatar over the last week and they all seem to be working (at least for me). Make sure to go all the way through the Aura pop-up tutorials as that is where most of the skill books are handed out (and they land in your item hangar). Additionally, most of the equipment you are issued is the Civilian version of actual equipment. The Civilian versions require no skill to use or fit, from what I can tell. Unfortunately,the Civilian versions only seem to work during these tutorial missions. On the plus side, you can reprocess them for materials.

- My overviews seem to change alot and I try not to mess with them too much. Not sure why that happens.

- Also, the smartbomb mission definitely taught me to keep local up. Kind of annoying that instructions/advice for these starter missions occasionally appear in pop-up windows and occasionally in local.

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

NEVER EVER CLOSE/MINIMISE LOCAL EVER.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Bridgette D'Iberville
Doomheim
#17 - 2011-12-15 22:19:41 UTC
Velicitia wrote:

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

That was like, 15 minutes into playing the game for the very first time. Considering the tab was probably on the Rookie Help tab, I'm still not sure it would have helped. LOL

Now I keep it up.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2011-12-16 07:24:05 UTC
Bridgette D'Iberville wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

That was like, 15 minutes into playing the game for the very first time. Considering the tab was probably on the Rookie Help tab, I'm still not sure it would have helped. LOL

Now I keep it up.

Naw, close it. Eve will teach you your first lesson for playing Eve soon after

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny