These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Pretty Much Being Scammed

First post
Author
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2014-08-16 06:31:41 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Coming from a developer of a few games before in my past...

If I had an isk for every time someone claimed to be a developer, and tried to use that to justify their criticisms of something they know virtually nothing about, I'd own Delve.

For one thing, we don't have ANY confirmation that the amount of time left on this auction is changing except for YOUR claim that it is. Get some evidence, and I'll believe that it's happening, because right now, after testing the auction myself, I have no reason to believe that it's happening at all and if it is, it's most likely a bug that requires a petition, not a whiny forum post accusing someone you know nothing about of being heinous and 'pathetic'.

For one look at his name it's quite obvious that he scams I didn't notice his name till after I bid on the auction and someone brought it up to my attention. I'll post another screen shot tomorrow i guess when the time either goes up or stays the same.

Sounds smart. In the meantime, keep watching to see if you get outbid by someone and pull your isk if you do.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Darth Ah'Na-tik
New Eden Mining and Salvaging Federation
#42 - 2014-08-16 06:33:01 UTC
Chribba wrote:
You can't edit the auction, you can only delete it - assuming no bid has been placed.

There is however a display bug that I've seen plenty of times where it says for example there's less than an hour left, and then suddenly change to less than a day, or saying there's less than a day left then suddenly saying 1 day.

Once you place a bid the ISK is withdrawn and will automatically give you the contract if you win, however you will still need to click the "Get Items" once the auction is over, and even then sometimes it can take time to get the option once it finished (caching issues I believe).

Anyone managing to actually change the time left is exploiting somehow then and then I suggest if you have proof to petition it, because what you describe is not how auctions have ever worked in-game.

/c

I very much appreciate that you took the time to actually let me be aware of what can happen instead of people acting like they know what happens. Thanks man so I have a question if the auction ended already and its a display bug maybe I can receive my items already?

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#43 - 2014-08-16 06:33:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Chribba wrote:
You can't edit the auction, you can only delete it - assuming no bid has been placed.

There is however a display bug that I've seen plenty of times where it says for example there's less than an hour left, and then suddenly change to less than a day, or saying there's less than a day left then suddenly saying 1 day.

Once you place a bid the ISK is withdrawn and will automatically give you the contract if you win, however you will still need to click the "Get Items" once the auction is over, and even then sometimes it can take time to get the option once it finished (caching issues I believe).

Anyone managing to actually change the time left is exploiting somehow then and then I suggest if you have proof to petition it, because what you describe is not how auctions have ever worked in-game.

/c

Chribba, the only honest man in Eve, and the hero it doesn't deserve.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#44 - 2014-08-16 06:45:02 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Chribba wrote:

/c

I very much appreciate that you took the time to actually let me be aware of what can happen instead of people acting like they know what happens. Thanks man so I have a question if the auction ended already and its a display bug maybe I can receive my items already?

Note that I've only seen it happening at the "less than an hour left" and "less than a day left", I never seen it happen going from 1->2, 2->3 etc and usually takes an hour or two to sort itself (my guess is that it has to do with "rounding" of timestamps).

If the auction is over you will (yet again when cache updates) get the "Get Items" button on the contract. Even this can take time since I guess rounding and cache. Re-logging may work at times. I've had times where my "attention log" says the auction is over, but when I open the contract I can still place a bid even if the contract also states I won. So the cache isn't instant but if you won, you will get the items as soon as you get the option to click the "Get Items".

It will also clearly state "You won this auction" when it's over, compared to the "You are the highest bidder" when it is still running.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Darth Ah'Na-tik
#45 - 2014-08-16 06:54:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Ah'Na-tik
Chribba wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Chribba wrote:

/c

Note that I've only seen it happening at the "less than an hour left" and "less than a day left", I never seen it happen going from 1->2, 2->3 etc and usually takes an hour or two to sort itself (my guess is that it has to do with "rounding" of timestamps).

If the auction is over you will (yet again when cache updates) get the "Get Items" button on the contract. Even this can take time since I guess rounding and cache. Re-logging may work at times. I've had times where my "attention log" says the auction is over, but when I open the contract I can still place a bid even if the contract also states I won. So the cache isn't instant but if you won, you will get the items as soon as you get the option to click the "Get Items".

It will also clearly state "You won this auction" when it's over, compared to the "You are the highest bidder" when it is still running.

/c

Thank you very much. I will see tomorrow If this is an exploit or not. This is the 3rd day on the auction already so I'm hoping it goes quick for the next 3/2 days since that's what people are saying it's at. I see 3 but they see 2 lol. which confuses me cause when I first bid on it was at 2 days now it's at 3 days even after 3 days of real time lol

OT: Here's some evidence just in case I need it lol http://puu.sh/aUCwD/2893df9b6b.jpg just restarted Eve and now it's at 2 days let's see where its at 24 hours from now.
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2014-08-16 07:06:16 UTC
OP should be happy Chribba deemed him worthy of his time.

praise be Chribba.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#47 - 2014-08-16 07:22:59 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Of course I am I could understand If i was a veteran player but being a new player and being scammed for everything I got it's quite wrong. I worked hard for that facking cash. I stayed up days at a time earning every little bit.

OP, I hope the following is taken with the intent it is written, as advice to help you.

If you win that auction, congrats. Just remember though that the moment you assemble the orca and make it active, it's already dead. It's just still in one piece for the time being.

Every ship you fly in this game has a chance of blowing up every time you undock and given this thread in particular, there are likely to be people that have now watchlisted you, just so they can kill that Orca because you've already demonstrated an ability to shed a tear.

My best advice would be don't fly it until you have the ISK to replace it without worrying about it, but given your above statement, that is not where your at, at the moment; and you wouldn't be bidding if you didn't want to fly it.

Your ship will die. When it does, don't rage in local, evemail, private chat or the forum. Stay silent and move on, or offer a 'gf' in local. Go get another one, or build back up for a while and just move on and have fun. It's not a real loss when it happens.

Other then that, all the best.
Solecist Project
#48 - 2014-08-16 07:34:13 UTC

Am I the only one who thinks the OP should just be banned?

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Darth Ah'Na-tik
#49 - 2014-08-16 07:45:38 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Of course I am I could understand If i was a veteran player but being a new player and being scammed for everything I got it's quite wrong. I worked hard for that facking cash. I stayed up days at a time earning every little bit.

OP, I hope the following is taken with the intent it is written, as advice to help you.

If you win that auction, congrats. Just remember though that the moment you assemble the orca and make it active, it's already dead. It's just still in one piece for the time being.

Every ship you fly in this game has a chance of blowing up every time you undock and given this thread in particular, there are likely to be people that have now watchlisted you, just so they can kill that Orca because you've already demonstrated an ability to shed a tear.

My best advice would be don't fly it until you have the ISK to replace it without worrying about it, but given your above statement, that is not where your at, at the moment; and you wouldn't be bidding if you didn't want to fly it.

Your ship will die. When it does, don't rage in local, evemail, private chat or the forum. Stay silent and move on, or offer a 'gf' in local. Go get another one, or build back up for a while and just move on and have fun. It's not a real loss when it happens.

Very well said and I'm glad you took the time to write that. If they black list me that's fine I got people down in null sec that will be happy to help me out whenever I need them :)
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#50 - 2014-08-16 07:54:34 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
The cache, can do weird things sometimes, that does not mean that the player is exploiting the auction system somehow.
If he is petition it, It will be resolved.

If you are spending all your money on a high value item, and you have annoyed the seller enough to block you, especially as you have told the world you believe he is dishonourable and a scammer. a word of advice.

If you win, don't take it blindly out of Jita undock immediately after winning it. Or just after signing on. Or basically ever.

You may well find a tornado or five just waiting there..........

Just sell it for a profit, and buy one somewhere quieter.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Herr Wilkus
Aggressive Salvage Services LLC
#51 - 2014-08-16 07:56:03 UTC
What makes this 'pretty much' vs just plain old 'being scammed'Question
Chris Winter
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#52 - 2014-08-16 08:06:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Chris Winter
Apparently no one else has actually noticed the real scam here.

T2 shield rigs are among the least useful rigs to have in an Orca, especially in all three slots. It means you'd have to yank one out in order to put in an ACR to fit a 100mn MWD, or else use one of your lows. A T2 CDFE also gives you significantly less tank in an Orca than a T2 hull HP rig.

OP, I strongly recommend that you don't re-bid if you get outbid. You don't want that ship. Buy an orca at normal prices, throw in a T1 ACR and 2x T1 hull HP rigs. It'll cost you the same but you'll have significantly more tank than with that one, and the option to fit a 100mn MWD, a reinforced bulkhead, and a DC2 for both fast travel and high tank.
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#53 - 2014-08-16 08:07:57 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Very well said and I'm glad you took the time to write that. If they black list me that's fine I got people down in null sec that will be happy to help me out whenever I need them :)

Ah, famous "null sec friends". Seems every newbie and noob has them nowadays. No wonder null is so empty if they all run to hisec to stomp on bad people who touched somebody's pixels in wrong way.

Invalid signature format

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#54 - 2014-08-16 08:30:27 UTC  |  Edited by: PotatoOverdose
What you have to understand is that in eve, up to a certain point anything goes. That certain point being EULA/ToS violations. So scamming, ganking, etc. is not only acceptable, but encouraged.

Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
If they black list me that's fine I got people down in null sec that will be happy to help me out whenever I need them :)

Lol, goodstuff.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#55 - 2014-08-16 08:46:48 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:

Ah, ok. I'm sure they'll leave you alone then.

All the best.
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#56 - 2014-08-16 09:01:17 UTC
Hey OP, just for the record: if scamming in this particular way was possible, I would be against it too. Scamming is one thing, but the concept of 'endless' contracts is just stupid and lame. I'm all for criminal activities in Eve, but it's stupidity and lazyness that should be punished. I can't imagine CCP making this possible, so I hope the tests verify you are having a display bug. That being said, putting all your eggs in one basket is still a bad call in Eve.
Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#57 - 2014-08-16 09:14:34 UTC
OP and contracter are probably the same dude trying to lure somebody in doing a bid.
Ban Bindy
Bindy Brothers Pottery Association
True Reign
#58 - 2014-08-16 09:15:03 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Or maybe you just need to learn how the game works

Because you can just load all the Eve information including the way scams are run into your brain with the press of a button. It's you scammer defenders who are disgusting. OP, now you know the kind of crummy game this really is. Decide whether you want to stay or not . It only gets worse from here.
Erufen Rito
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#59 - 2014-08-16 09:50:40 UTC
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Darth Ah'Na-tik wrote:

Jesus....learn to ******* bluff. Down in null? HA! haha....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Oh my god. Just shut up. I remember when calling on my dad to beat up your dad was cool.....

This is as nice as I get. Best quote ever https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4137165#post4137165

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#60 - 2014-08-16 09:53:51 UTC
You can't make this **** up.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.