These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Hyperion] Nestor Tweaks

First post First post First post
Author
Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#281 - 2014-08-15 14:15:00 UTC
Only problem with Nestor in PvP is it's price because everyone and their mother want to kill a BS of a semi low EHP and billion worth of a price tag.
Lowering the price and adding ship maintenance bay should help the issue a bit.
LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#282 - 2014-08-15 14:21:51 UTC  |  Edited by: LUMINOUS SPIRIT
In a C5 or a C6 cataclysmic variable a pair of Nestors can be used to ninja relic cans from sleeper sites.

The RR in a cataclysmic variable is amazing, thats where nestor shines and has something logi cruisers dont - microjump drive.

2 Nestors warp in on a can, enter RR, hack the can, microjump away, warp out. No need to kill sleepers, can be in and out in 30 seconds flat, can go into any site.

BUT, BUT, BUT.

Sleeper webs.Once you land in your nestors, you will be perma-webbed to 20 m/s. So going from can to can is out, you only have 1 can.

Going for talocans, the most expensive can, is not worth it - a talocan is worth 50-60 mil nowadays. Risk 3bil in equipment to go after a 50mil in loot? Well, if there is more then 1 site to hack, if you have the zephyr to bookmark everything, I suppose you could use 1 of the nestors to scan the cans to find additional 50-60mil cans (there is always 1 in every site). You could also probably smartbomb the webbing frigates away...

Maybe.

A tool to do PvE in otherwise ignored cataclysmic variable, where a marauder cant go.

But is it worth it to keep a pair of nestors just for that off-chance that you will roll into a cata and not decide to re-roll the static? Probably not in my case, I prefer red giants and different methods.

EDIT - looking more into this, yes its a viable ship to use on sites like info pens - you dont have to grind the sleeper battleships to get to the cans, and there are no webs, initially. with an afterburner its not too slow. Could be interesting.
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#283 - 2014-08-15 14:52:47 UTC
still waiting for ccp to fix npc scrams
Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#284 - 2014-08-15 15:01:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Anna Karhunen
To get the price of Nestor down, you have to significantly increase droprate of those chips (I saw no numbers mentioned in the droprate part). After all, with the LP and build costs Nestor's price from the old route is not going to come too much down. Thus I hope that the droprate is adjusted so much that it can outstrip the LP store route completely (and people build Stratios and Astero instead, with only few nonconformists giving finger to LP efficiency).

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Joraa Starkmanir
Station Spinners United
#285 - 2014-08-15 15:07:49 UTC
Anna Karhunen wrote:
To get the price of Nestor down, you have to significantly increase droprate of those chips (I saw no numbers mentioned in the droprate part). After all, with the LP and build costs Nestor's price from the old route is not going to come too much down. Thus I hope that the droprate is adjusted so much that it can outstrip the LP store route completely (and people build Stratios and Astero instead, with only few nonconformists giving finger to LP efficiency).

CCP Fozzie wrote:
increasing the drop rate of the Drone Nexus chips that can be converted to Sisters of EVE ship BPCs quite dramatically.

Looks like they are already on the same track.
Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#286 - 2014-08-15 15:20:52 UTC
As I said I did not see the numbers, just that note. That line says nothing about how large the droprate adjustment is. Does it cover the number of Nestors produced through LP store or not. So, I posted just to note that they have to make the LP store utterly meaningless if they do want to make the price drop a lot.

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#287 - 2014-08-15 15:30:16 UTC
Anna Karhunen wrote:
As I said I did not see the numbers, just that note. That line says nothing about how large the droprate adjustment is. Does it cover the number of Nestors produced through LP store or not. So, I posted just to note that they have to make the LP store utterly meaningless if they do want to make the price drop a lot.

It already is for the nestor, as the Nestor is far from the best isk/lp item in the store AND mostly unused by people who mission hard enough to get them through the LP store.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#288 - 2014-08-15 16:04:10 UTC
I apprecatie yall (Rise, Fozzie and the rest) not wanting to screw anything up to bad by makign an overpower battleship.

But c'mon, the Nestor sucks, and that's a shame because some of us were looking forward to playing with an SOE Battleship. So go wild guys, make it good even if that risks making it OP. You're CCP, you know how to come back and nerf things into oblivion if that happens, you've done it every week for the last 11 years Twisted
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#289 - 2014-08-15 16:16:09 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Secondly, we are adding a new function to the Nestor that fits well with its role as a group support vessel. We are giving the Nestor a 5000m3 Ship Maintenance Bay that will allow friendly ships to refit when they are nearby.

This is the most amazing thing you could have ever done. Given T3s, this just got a nestor a spot in merely ANY wormhole engagement that doesn't have a carrier yet.

Really, +1
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#290 - 2014-08-15 16:18:04 UTC
Lloyd Roses wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Secondly, we are adding a new function to the Nestor that fits well with its role as a group support vessel. We are giving the Nestor a 5000m3 Ship Maintenance Bay that will allow friendly ships to refit when they are nearby.

This is the most amazing thing you could have ever done. Given T3s, this just got a nestor a spot in merely ANY wormhole engagement that doesn't have a carrier yet.

Really, +1

And considering you can bring them into C2+, this is a unique usage of them.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#291 - 2014-08-15 16:19:05 UTC
James Baboli wrote:
Lloyd Roses wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Really, +1

Not to mention those cloaked guardians that just refit the instant they drop cloak...
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#292 - 2014-08-15 17:36:31 UTC
Lloyd Roses wrote:
James Baboli wrote:
Lloyd Roses wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Really, +1

Not to mention those cloaked guardians that just refit the instant they drop cloak...

And every domi is now both a spider domi and a blaster domi until one or the other is needed on every ship, and everyone has fully committed.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

slam34
Transtar Services
#293 - 2014-08-15 17:40:08 UTC
New "service bay" is a great idea, and I'm not sure the size is all that bad. Storing modules for refitting fleet ships shouldn't take all that much room. It's a battleship hull. It shouldn't be able to store another fleet inside itself. This, plus adding a bit to drone bandwith could really make this ship shine without bloating it up into already needing a nerf. A support ship should make OTHER ships look good, after all. I'm sure some nullsec powerhouse will eventually dream up a very nasty pvp version. Until then we will be experimenting with our fits.

And....if the Nestor is never going to be a jump capable ship, maybe you could think about giving black ops battleships a fleet fitting bay........oh the possibilities.....

High sec: That's the tutorial. Null Sec is the actual game. Wormholes? Even CCP isn't sure.

Irya Boone
The Scope
#294 - 2014-08-15 17:58:58 UTC
Don't understand why dev are so stubborn ..

put the covert ops cloak on the ship already , give the ship the jump drive for god sake and give the remote rep some serious bonus

Anyway you 'll see with the carppy tweaks no one will use this ships like these days

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#295 - 2014-08-15 18:26:57 UTC
Irya Boone wrote:

put the covert ops cloak on the ship already , give the ship the jump drive for god sake and give the remote rep some serious bonus

Anyway you 'll see with the carppy tweaks no one will use this ships like these days

You are not getting a cov ops battleship.
Joraa Starkmanir
Station Spinners United
#296 - 2014-08-15 18:39:38 UTC
Irya Boone wrote:

Give it 8/8/8 slots while your at it, and ofc stronger gun/drone bonuses.

Or leave it w/o cov ops cloak so you dont have to nerf it back to the stone age
Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#297 - 2014-08-15 20:41:58 UTC
Joraa Starkmanir wrote:
Irya Boone wrote:

Give it 8/8/8 slots while your at it, and ofc stronger gun/drone bonuses.

Or leave it w/o cov ops cloak so you dont have to nerf it back to the stone age

Im fine with nerfing it and giving it a covops cloak. At least then ONE of the SoE ships will actually have something unique going for it. Remember how pirate ships are supposed to have some bonus that doesn't exist anywhere else?
SFM Hobb3s
Perkone
Caldari State
#298 - 2014-08-15 20:59:56 UTC
Screw the covops, just the jump drive or GTFO.
Joraa Starkmanir
Station Spinners United
#299 - 2014-08-15 21:22:14 UTC
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:

Im fine with nerfing it and giving it a covops cloak. At least then ONE of the SoE ships will actually have something unique going for it. Remember how pirate ships are supposed to have some bonus that doesn't exist anywhere else?

Remember how SoE is not a pirate faction, and these ships are available in high sec?
Ship Maintenance Bay is also kinda unique in high sec (only orca have it), its also the only exploration battleship, the remote rep bonus is also just shared with minmatar carrier/supercarrier (37.5% instead of 50% tho)
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#300 - 2014-08-15 21:54:19 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Are you even trying, CCP?

The Nestor is still going to be a piece of ****. You tried to do too much with it, including shoehorning it into roles that don't make sense (exploration).

Enjoying the rain today? ;)