These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Game just quit and launcher died.

Author
Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-08-14 07:52:06 UTC
Anyone else?

I got back in via exe file.

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#2 - 2014-08-14 09:39:01 UTC
Not widespread according to things I can see.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Serene Repose
#3 - 2014-08-14 09:45:34 UTC
I had this problem two days ago. The launcher gave me an alternative window saying "uh uh, not today." The forum here wouldn't open, neither would customer service's page...which are essentially one and the same, really...EVE Gate, too. Checked all the MMO server status sites, EVE was up with 11k players - a significant percentage lower than normal. Ran a traceroute using Stanford University's system. The signal stopped four servers from the destination. Go figure.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2014-08-14 10:53:09 UTC
Well my game quit and I don't ever remember closing it out, but I was filling out a paper form at the time so I chocked it up to absent-mindedness.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-08-14 12:07:38 UTC
Internet had a massive hicup thanks to older routing hardware on 12th of August. This caused routers to "forget" that parts of the internet even existed. This continued to 13th because new routers were introduced to replace old ones and they needed ot learn the new internet.

Some ISP's might have gotten their hardware today and upgraded them causing more hiccups.

More at:
http://www.nux.ro/archive/2014/08/512k_routes_ought_to_be_enough_for_everyone.html
http://www.zdnet.com/internet-hiccups-today-youre-not-alone-heres-why-7000032566/
Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-08-14 13:01:55 UTC
The launcher has decided to play again after dt :-)

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Paranoid Loyd
#7 - 2014-08-14 16:28:28 UTC
Drago Shouna wrote:
Game just quit

Did you ask it for its stuff? Oh wait. Lol

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Gorinia Sanford
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-08-14 19:41:57 UTC
Drago Shouna wrote:
Anyone else?

I got back in via exe file.

Hell, ever since I reactivated my account, the launcher has worked exactly twice. I just launch directly from the exe file and use the repair tool for patch updates. We'd be better off without the darn thing.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#9 - 2014-08-14 20:12:34 UTC
Quote:
Game just quit and launcher died.

I think you got this a little jumbled. Im pretty sure the norm in GD is supposed to be:
Quote:
Eve is dying! I quit this game because launcher.

Or something like that.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#10 - 2014-08-14 20:35:17 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
I had this problem two days ago. The launcher gave me an alternative window saying "uh uh, not today." The forum here wouldn't open, neither would customer service's page...which are essentially one and the same, really...EVE Gate, too. Checked all the MMO server status sites, EVE was up with 11k players - a significant percentage lower than normal. Ran a traceroute using Stanford University's system. The signal stopped four servers from the destination. Go figure.

Me too, I assume some major network cut us off from all the ports CCP uses cause the rest of internet was fine, but it looked like TQ was down and all other websites hosted by CCP too. EVEMon was saying the API was down too.

The Drake is a Lie