These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

You three just cost eve a subscriber.

First post
Author
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#101 - 2014-08-13 16:30:34 UTC
This thread: Proof that gate camping generates some of the sweetest tears of all.

Instalocking remote seboed interceptor with quafe, implants and t2 links FTW. ALL of your cloakies are belong to us!!!!

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#102 - 2014-08-13 16:43:14 UTC
Wow I just looked at the km... wow that's a terrible fit. No low slots fit? Missing mid slots.

Wtf dude you deserved to loose that ship. Please do us all a fav and join a noob friendly corp and lern to play eve ffs

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Jarod Garamonde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#103 - 2014-08-13 16:44:44 UTC
Sabina Gnome wrote:
You shot my exploration ship for no reason.

From now on, I will tell everyone who askes, to stay away from this game.

I know this is wrtitten in a moment of anger, but when you can not even feel safe in a cloaked covert ops ship, with covert ops cloaking, there is no meaning to try.

I had no chance to get out of gate cloak and in to my own, because I got targetet so fast.

And if that is how it workes, i´m out.

Gl to all, and you can give me all your reasons, I still do not think, that is how cloaked exploring should work.

1. I've never had a problem with escaping from a gate with a cloaky ship.

2. Bye. Can I have all your stuff?

3. It wasn't for no reason. There are any of a number of reasons why you were shot at.

4. Quit threads don't belong in GD.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
J'Poll
Perkone
Caldari State
#104 - 2014-08-13 16:52:00 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
This thread: Proof that gate camping generates some of the sweetest tears of all.

Instalocking remote seboed interceptor with quafe, implants and t2 links FTW. ALL of your cloakies are belong to us!!!!

*lock thread, UAE has spoken.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#105 - 2014-08-13 16:54:14 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Ra' zutao wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Insta-lockers are a pain in the ass for anyone to deal with. Hell, I have Stiletto and Claw fits that reach warp faster than the server ticks, and I still get caught from time to time. It is what it is.

That being said, can I have your stuff?

I lost a crow to an instalock one shot one kill Loki recently. This was probably the look on my face and I was not the one smiling.

Hopefully, amidst the trolling, a point emerges from this thread that gate mechanics suck and letting ships dial in warps the way it's done in basic sci fi from Star Wars to Star Trek would do much to jazz up the game and retain players. Funneling (forcing) players through kill zones and then telling them "they need to double their sub cost" with a scout looks like a scam to normal people and they move on. If gates were so wonderful, why are the big alliances using JFs and JB networks?

How did you manage to lose a Crow on a gate? Do you not know how to Inty? were you gate camping and didn't realized a Cloaky Loki was sharing space with you? Did you not jump right on to a gate and jump? (if you're manually jumping there is no possible way for you to be locked and popped before you are through).. Did you walk away while making jumps and not get back in time for the decloak on the otherside of a gate?

I just find this hard to believe.

It was a triple stabbed crow too. One shot.
[ 2014.08.03 05:25:40 ] (None) Jumping from F-TVAP to 6Y-0TW
[ 2014.08.03 05:25:56 ] (combat) Warp scramble attempt
[ 2014.08.03 05:25:56 ] (combat) 1563 from - Hits

And I was not AFK. An instalock ship with guns ready that can one shot you (a Loki in this case - not a cheap gank) will do the job, intie or not. I have been through a score of instalock bubble camps with the same hull.

Yes hard to believe. Lucky for me it was with a hold full of relic site stuff that I found and not the 163 million ISK of BPs and modules that I came through the same gate with a week earlier.

One thing that worked against me and I have had this happen twice, is that the client seems to freeze when encountering a bubble for the first time in a given session. if I go through bubbles then it's no problem with the next instalock camp. When it's the first bubble of the day, the client takes a pause to load the effect. Either a faster system would help but I have not checked to see if the bubble effect can be shut off. (and if not, it should be).

When traveling in a ceptor , I put a mwd and cloak on and don't risk the fast lock at all.

I know that. But on two occasions, the ship was gone before the grid even loaded. I would see a capsule, THEN the bubble effect appears. The system I'm using is not a dedicated game system but that's the risk I take. I have a pair of GTX580s and still shopping for the parts to build around them.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
Brave Collective
#106 - 2014-08-13 17:04:50 UTC
Ms Forums wrote:
Attack away! But it won't fill that emptiness inside of you.

Sure it will.
For a while.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Cyniac
Twilight Star Rangers
#107 - 2014-08-13 17:34:09 UTC
To the OP -

Well played. I love your little experiment. The responses you got pretty much reflect the types of people whom you will meet in EVE. There are some really nice folk out there, but it might take a bit of effort to find them - and more importantly for them to open up to you a bit.

Best of luck with your future exploration - yes there are some nice people in EVE.

BTW - kinda interesting what you ended up starting here in this thread isn't it?
Bayonnefrog
Blueprint Mania
#108 - 2014-08-13 17:58:09 UTC
Sabina Gnome wrote:

I know this is wrtitten in a moment of anger, but when you can not even feel safe in a cloaked covert ops ship, with covert ops cloaking, there is no meaning to try.

I had no chance to get out of gate cloak and in to my own, because I got targetet so fast.

Gl to all, and you can give me all your reasons, I still do not think, that is how cloaked exploring should work.

OopsREADOops

As you will see if you read all my posts here, you´ll see that this was an experiment ;P mixed with a real event, and real felings.

So b4 you troll the idiot troll ----> Me!
Or talk trash, plz read it all:)

Again thx to everyone who was polite and manered, even though it was almost not deserved...almost;P

Cool, bye
Solecist Project
#109 - 2014-08-13 18:35:08 UTC
Sabina Gnome wrote:

OopsREADOops

As you will see if you read all my posts here, you´ll see that this was an experiment ;P mixed with a real event, and real felings.

Again thx to everyone who was polite and manered, even though it was almost not deserved...almost;P

That's ........
........................... seriously ......................
................................................... the most embarassing excuse ...............
.............................................................................................................................................. ever!

Wow, "fremdschämen" !

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Ketov Aktar
Grey Wolff
#110 - 2014-08-13 18:43:39 UTC
Welcome to 0.0P Let it be the first day of the rest of your EVE life......OH! shoulda said last maybe?Roll
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#111 - 2014-08-13 18:50:32 UTC
If CCP could only make EVE safe for everyone. We could have fun things like soul binding, and all our gear made worthless with every major patch. NOT.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Xenuria
#112 - 2014-08-13 18:54:57 UTC
You type like a child.

Have you considered joining Goons?
They pay you isk for every ship that you lose and then some. You will never need money or ships again. They also have a really good community that openly promotes both tolerance and equality.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#113 - 2014-08-13 18:58:51 UTC
Sentamon wrote:
If CCP could only make EVE safe for everyone. We could have fun things like soul binding, and all our gear made worthless with every major patch. NOT.

You really didn't need to say "not" at the end there, it was oozing with sarcasm already.
Bayonnefrog
Blueprint Mania
#114 - 2014-08-13 19:38:38 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Sabina Gnome wrote:

OopsREADOops

That's ........
........................... seriously ......................
................................................... the most embarassing excuse ...............
.............................................................................................................................................. ever!

Wow, "fremdschämen" !

Yup listen to this backtrack. Fantastic.
Xuixien
Perkone
Caldari State
#115 - 2014-08-13 19:47:30 UTC
lol@"It was just a social experiment!"

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Cazador 64
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#116 - 2014-08-13 19:58:05 UTC
Lugia3 wrote:
They say when an eve player quits to go play wow, the average intelligence of both games goes up.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Except most EVE players are still morons, they just think that they are intelligent.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#117 - 2014-08-13 20:19:30 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
An attempt to salvage this thread would unfortunately be utterly futile it seems. Hence it gets a lock.

The Rules:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

Among other things....

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)