These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Infinite point = Infinite warp Stab

Author
RegardIess
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-08-13 14:04:50 UTC
I was just noticing that in game there are a few options for what someone calls an "infinite point" where as it has strength of up to 99 and basically makes it impossible to warp off. I think this is pretty dang awesome bonus, ship, and module.

My question is, is there a counter tactic? A ship or module that allows to be impossibly warp jammed? Maybe it has penalties too like zero targeting range or something to make it just an exploration ship.

If you have one tactic should there always be a counter? IS there one already you would like to share?

thank you for your time.
Icarus Able
Refuse.Resist
#2 - 2014-08-13 14:08:56 UTC
Cloaking is your counter.
Siths
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2014-08-13 14:09:08 UTC
RegardIess wrote:
I was just noticing that in game there are a few options for what someone calls an "infinite point" where as it has strength of up to 99 and basically makes it impossible to warp off. I think this is pretty dang awesome bonus, ship, and module.

My question is, is there a counter tactic? A ship or module that allows to be impossibly warp jammed? Maybe it has penalties too like zero targeting range or something to make it just an exploration ship.

If you have one tactic should there always be a counter? IS there one already you would like to share?

thank you for your time.
No.

*Snip* Please refrain from discussions in a WTS/WTB thread.

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-08-13 14:09:26 UTC
RegardIess wrote:

thank you for your time.

The infinity point is used by a Heavy Interdictor. You can still use your microwarp drive if its a solo tackle and it doesn't have a scram fitted.
Erufen Rito
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#5 - 2014-08-13 14:09:47 UTC
RegardIess wrote:

thank you for your time.

No, but I would agree if you gave it a slow align time, no cargo of any kind, no drones and no hardpoints or rigs.

This is as nice as I get. Best quote ever https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4137165#post4137165

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#6 - 2014-08-13 14:11:17 UTC
For targeted infinipoints? No. There is no counter. That would kind of defeat the purpose.
For bubbles and the like, there are only specific ship abilities.
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2014-08-13 14:16:04 UTC
RegardIess wrote:

thank you for your time.

Wrong section of the forums and a terrible idea.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Ms Forums
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-08-13 14:16:51 UTC
RegardIess wrote:

Yes, I found it HERE.
You're welcome Big smile

Eve Restored

RegardIess
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-08-13 14:19:01 UTC
Thank you for taking time to respond to my questions. Some of you are just , well you :).

I don't consider the mwd or cloak to be a true counter. These are mods that go on any ship and do very little to counter the strength of the infinite point when its on and your say webbed.

I just thought for sake of comparing the two. Most things I have seen in this game have a counter or a way to work around it. I know "mwd, cloak" helps to AVOID the mechanic... Kind of wanted to know if there was something to counter the infinite point like a stabilizer, much like the infinite point.. limited use and ship.

Then i guess having someone jam, the said target using the infinite point would work.. still not in the way of a true counter. Then again it is a counter to the lock they need for the point.

Then i ask about bubbles, like ceptors do, but a mod that also avoids those 99 strength jamming,. I would be fine with no cargo or the cargo of shuttle etc.
Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-08-13 14:19:10 UTC
RegardIess wrote:

thank you for your time.

MWD away.
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-08-13 14:21:45 UTC
RegardIess wrote:

thank you for your time.

Lol

no.Straight

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#12 - 2014-08-13 14:24:02 UTC
RegardIess wrote:

thank you for your time.

actually infinete point is counter for super carriers and titans
Ocih
Space Mermaids
#13 - 2014-08-13 14:26:04 UTC
RegardIess wrote:

thank you for your time.

Infinite point is a script, as others have said, only used on a HIC. The more annoying tackle are the 5000 mm scan res ships that will grab you before you can cloak. Stick them and bubbles in a dozen systems and you effectively cut off all of null.
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#14 - 2014-08-13 14:32:02 UTC
Micro Jump Drive? As far as I know infinipoints are inifini-disruptors, not infini-scrams.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#15 - 2014-08-13 14:42:53 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Micro Jump Drive? As far as I know infinipoints are inifini-disruptors, not infini-scrams.

…at least until they release the jump drive inhibitor deployable that they have sitting around, unused, in the database.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#16 - 2014-08-13 15:12:00 UTC
This is a brilliant idea.. too bad having an infinite WCS will do nothing.

Why? Because all ships have a warp strength of 1, it just takes a single warp scram/dist to make your warp strength 0, thus no warp.

So and infinite WCS vs and Infinite point... infinity - infinity = 0. You are still scrambled. You would need 2, and then the counter... two infinite points. So nothing really changes.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#17 - 2014-08-13 15:27:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
I used to trespass all over nullsec in a Cyclone and did that with one ship for three years.

How?

Infinite WCS? No!

MWD? No!

Double my sub costs and get a scout? Hell No!

Join an alliance and use a JB network? No!

One simple rule: no gates, just wormholes.

Three years. The only time I saw a bubble or HIC was on D-scan.

This just goes to show that gates are the problem, not infinite point HICS or sebo'ed tacklers or OGB (a problem in it's own). However, since CCP addressed the imbalance of "tiny guns killing big ships in two seconds" and tanked up the indies, I hope to see a day when warp core strength becomes just as attached to the size of the hull as is warp speed. After all, if a large ship is sooooo heavy that it warps slower, then it's going to have one motherhumper of a warp core with lots of power, right? Meaning that a little frigate cannot muster the power to shut it down. The same goes for web. If I netted an elephant will I slow it down 60 percent or will the elephant speed me up 60 percent? (Hint: 2 plus 2 is not equal to 5).

These are simple things that would enrich the game. Also think of the ISK sink that battleships could become if people would use them.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

RegardIess
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2014-08-13 15:29:41 UTC
no. seems to be the easiest way to respond and get a post count up one.

I like the idea of the micro jump drive..

So what is the warp strength on MS or titan?

I would still think a module or ship would be able to avoid this at a high cost. It seems like everything has a counter, more of a direct counter than this. As said it's like it was made to counter something else and no one thought "crap, what counters that?" mayeb because of "effort".

Maybe this could be a new bro boat. it's a reward that lasts a week and allows them to explore the depths of 0.0 only under 1 mil skill points.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#19 - 2014-08-13 15:31:23 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
The same goes for web. If I netted an elephant will I slow it down 60 percent or will the elephant speed me up 60 percent?
How fast were you moving before?
The former result is far more likely than the latter result, tbh. Blink

Quote:
Also think of the ISK sink that battleships could become if people would use them.
Ships aren't ISK sinks, though.
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#20 - 2014-08-13 15:39:20 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
. The same goes for web. If I netted an elephant will I slow it down 60 percent or will the elephant speed me up 60 percent?

who says net is connected to you anyhow
123Next pageLast page