These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Coming in Hyperion on August 26th

First post First post
Author
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#101 - 2014-08-12 15:41:29 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
So, where's that dev blog about new L4s? You had few hours of extra downtime to finish it up Twisted

Pitchforks and torches!
Get your pitchforks and torches here!
Can't be an uruly mob without your pitchforks and torches!

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#102 - 2014-08-12 15:51:25 UTC
De'Veldrin, thanks to your sig I learned today what 'corollary' means.

Now, basic set for unruly mob member (1 pitchfork + 1 torch), please.

Invalid signature format

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#103 - 2014-08-12 15:51:55 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
So, where's that dev blog about new L4s? You had few hours of extra downtime to finish it up Twisted

Pitchforks and torches!
Get your pitchforks and torches here!
Can't be an uruly mob without your pitchforks and torches!

Sorry, can't right now, traded in my pitchforks and torces for Boats and Hoes.
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#104 - 2014-08-12 15:54:28 UTC  |  Edited by: De'Veldrin
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
De'Veldrin, thanks to your sig I learned today what 'corollary' means.

Now, basic set for unruly mob member (1 pitchfork + 1 torch), please.

That will be 1 hundred billion ISK. Station trades only, I'm too short on ISK to make a contract. Blink

Also, thank to your post, I realized I'd been spelling corollary wrong in my signature. /faceplam

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#105 - 2014-08-12 16:01:58 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Sorry, can't right now, traded in my pitchforks and torces for Boats and Hoes.

Never not exotic dancers in your hurricane.

Invalid signature format

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#106 - 2014-08-12 16:06:31 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
That will be 1 hundred billion ISK. Station trades only, I'm too short on ISK to make a contract. Blink

Damn, dat sh!t iz expensive!

CCP Y U NO FIX PLEX PRI... oh, wait... actually never mind.

Invalid signature format

CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#107 - 2014-08-12 16:19:39 UTC
Carniflex wrote:
No Invention overhaul? Was it not supposed to come right after the industry overhaul? Or is this supposed to come in 18 months Soon(TM).

6 weeks after the Crius release is too soon to get this amount of work done. However it will be before the end of the year.

CCP Nullarbor // Senior Engineer // Team Game of Drones

Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#108 - 2014-08-12 16:22:06 UTC
EvE Online: A Spaceship MMO Where The Most Lauded Features Of The Next Expansion Are 2 UI Updates Ten Years Late

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2014-08-12 16:29:42 UTC
Angry industrialists with Crius and angry wormholers with hyperion, truly my cup runneth over. Good job CCP.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

McTwelve
Kesukka
#110 - 2014-08-12 19:01:45 UTC
Hey, why don't men get tights? I happen to think I have nice legs
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#111 - 2014-08-12 19:02:24 UTC
I'm very... very... happy about more accessories. also this mysterious new mission. I'm wondering what's gotten into you, and whether you left something for next time (!)
Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#112 - 2014-08-12 19:15:53 UTC
Dear CCP,

Since Gallentians are getting their see-through garbs back, may I get back some of my metallic facial features from my earlier picture?

Thanks.
Laen Myotis
GBTeam
#113 - 2014-08-12 19:24:49 UTC
and when are you going to fix sov or generally speaking do something with super cap fleets jumping back and forth across eve map in minutes???
Alpharius Astartes
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#114 - 2014-08-12 19:52:16 UTC
New L4 look interesting, I just hope it won't boil down to 'dps speed tank him to death' - go make a sandwitch, all done when you come back. EWAR could complicate things but then it's not such a problem to fit ECCMs. Pitchforks aside, I would love to see that dev blog more than 3 days before Hyperion rolls out...

Also, no new ship models? Well **** this **** and excuse my caldari Big smileBig smileBig smile
Slicr
#115 - 2014-08-12 19:59:56 UTC
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Carniflex wrote:
No Invention overhaul? Was it not supposed to come right after the industry overhaul? Or is this supposed to come in 18 months Soon(TM).

6 weeks after the Crius release is too soon to get this amount of work done. However it will be before the end of the year.

Which year?

I believe in being Pro-Active as Opposed to Reactive. Reactive tends to be more costly in time and money.

Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#116 - 2014-08-12 20:01:13 UTC
Alpharius Astartes wrote:
New L4 look interesting, I just hope it won't boil down to 'dps speed tank him to death' - go make a sandwitch, all done when you come back. EWAR could complicate things but then it's not such a problem to fit ECCMs. Pitchforks aside, I would love to see that dev blog more than 3 days before Hyperion rolls out...

Also, no new ship models? Well **** this **** and excuse my caldari Big smileBig smileBig smile

If that turns out to be possible, in all honesty I'll start making ganking fits to "drop by" when someone actually thinks he can go and make a sandwich while doing his L4 AFK.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#117 - 2014-08-12 21:44:09 UTC
McTwelve wrote:
Hey, why don't men get tights? I happen to think I have nice legs

A cursory search through Youtube for 'Robin Hood Men in Tights Dance' would pretty much sum up CCP reasoning.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Abavus Durden
Pukin' Dogs
#118 - 2014-08-12 23:10:28 UTC
Even though there's not much detail yet, the lvl4 change is the most promising to me. Any signs of life for the stale mission system is a good thing IMHO. The existing missions are ~10 years old, give or take ... most of us don't drive cars that old ... yet they're one of the most visible systems in the game to noobs and vets alike.

Small nimble ships with semi-disposable fits (instead of the blingy bling bling that many guys run for lvl4's) might make PVE fun again.

Anyway, a guy can hope.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#119 - 2014-08-13 02:23:53 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

I think this is an excellent idea, and we'll probably also discuss the plan and concepts for module tiericide on the Alliance Tournament stream over the next four weekends.

Could you record/publish those discussions for all of us who work weekends or live in alternate time zones (or both) and are therefore unable to follow those streams live?
Aria Jimbojohnson
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#120 - 2014-08-13 08:47:14 UTC
Initially I was really excited about the new level 4 missions, as a more PVP-like way to make ISK would be nice. However, after thinking about it a bit, I have no real hopes for it being done well. I don't see how they plan to balance missions doable in frigates; either the rewards will be terrible, or you're basically getting an ISK printing machine that can be done in a ship that's worth under 10 mil. Neither option sounds like a good thing. I guess they could design them to require a blinged frigate, but that would suck too because they're just be alpha thrasher magnets. Bleh, guess I'll wait for the dev blog, but I'm not really feeling optimistic at this point.