These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: Coming in Hyperion on August 26th

First post First post
Author
Obil Que
Star Explorers
Solis Tenebris
#41 - 2014-08-11 17:18:50 UTC
MajorBean wrote:
A beautiful selection of tinfoil hats. Love it.


If you look really really close, they all have "Dinsdale" inscribed on the back
Mindo Junde
Bunnie Slayers
#42 - 2014-08-11 17:33:06 UTC
Nice change to the MWD but I'm wondering what the point of the Afterburners will be now?
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2014-08-11 17:41:06 UTC
TheButcherPete wrote:
This new mission thing... wut?

Who wants to fight a boss in the smallest ship in the game...


Probably you, so you finally learn how to fly a ship! Twisted

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#44 - 2014-08-11 17:43:50 UTC
Mindo Junde wrote:
Nice change to the MWD but I'm wondering what the point of the Afterburners will be now?


scrams

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Aeril Malkyre
Knights of the Ouroboros
#45 - 2014-08-11 17:51:51 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:

  • A new kind of Level 4 missions
GIVE. IT. TO. ME. ::grabby hands::
Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#46 - 2014-08-11 17:56:24 UTC
Planetary Industry in claimed 0.0 space becomes available to people outside the sovereignty holding alliance
In Hyperion, it becomes possible for players outside the alliance holding sovereignty in a system to operate planetary colonies.



Can someone please explain.. how in the holy heck this gets slipped in without informing the entire sov holder base of this major change??

Jon Hellguard
X-COM
#47 - 2014-08-11 18:02:05 UTC
I'm very happy with the new releases thus far. It feels like CCP is actually getting stuff done and shipped. Some of the past years releases felt like "here you get half of a cokie, come back in 10 month.".

Be sure to reward your devs with solid vacation every now and then.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#48 - 2014-08-11 18:04:11 UTC

You forgot to mention the changes to the Nestor!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=365573&find=unread
Marsan
#49 - 2014-08-11 18:16:50 UTC
Quote:
Planetary Industry in claimed 0.0 space becomes available to people outside the sovereignty holding alliance
In Hyperion, it becomes possible for players outside the alliance holding sovereignty in a system to operate planetary colonies.


I've been wishing for this for a while. I remember emailing a Provi alliance a few month back as to why they were blocking outside as it seemed like a good revenue stream? They were more than willing, but said it couldn't be done. I understand if SOV holders want to block my access, but most are happy to take my isk.

Former forum cheerleader CCP, now just a grumpy small portion of the community.

Dibble Dabble
Capital Assets Inc
#50 - 2014-08-11 18:23:20 UTC
Milla Goodpussy wrote:
Planetary Industry in claimed 0.0 space becomes available to people outside the sovereignty holding alliance
In Hyperion, it becomes possible for players outside the alliance holding sovereignty in a system to operate planetary colonies.



Can someone please explain.. how in the holy heck this gets slipped in without informing the entire sov holder base of this major change??



I should imagine the sov holders need more lemmings and bots to harvest the PI?
Trisha Landers
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#51 - 2014-08-11 18:41:26 UTC
Quote:
Redeem PLEX for game time to another character
Activate game time for the account of another character using PLEX. This feature is designed to help those who need to keep multiple accounts active for themselves or others, and also gives anyone a simple way to use PLEX to give away game time.

Sounds great, just a couple of questions.

Can PLEX be redeemed to trial accounts in this way?
If yes, will redeeming PLEX to another person's buddy trial still reward the inviter with 30 days game time?

Asking because this would be great for people posting on forums (EVE forums or elsewhere) saying they'd love to try the game out. Now instead of the whole "Once you've subbed and I've got my PLEX reward I'll send you isk" you can just send them the trial, PLEX them up, and they can enjoy the game without restrictions. (Whereas right now, sending PLEX to a buddy trial person before they sub is likely to see that PLEX shifted to another account and that buddy trial alt dropped and never used again)

And as for people making their own alts, it's not any more exploitable than current buddy trial mechanics, just easier to do.
Hiram Alexander
State Reprisal
#52 - 2014-08-11 18:56:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Hiram Alexander
Those are some surprisingly good changes, I'm happy to say.

The WH ones, nice, but... well, just about everyone know how unpopular the Ship-spew idea is (in its current form, anyway - with apologies, if it's changed since yesterday...)

The Plex idea took me quite by surprise - it's a great idea for helping out friends - (Nice work!) Now it just needs some form of extended skill queue for people on military deployment, etc. to help polish it off.

The new Lvl 4's sound quite intriguing. Hopefully it'll help certain types of mission runner learn that 'fail fit' doesn't generally mean 'anything that drops more than 2% shields' during an 'Extravaganza'... ;) - seeing people learn to spiral-in, slingshot, or even kite more effectively, and so, hopefully, lose some of their 'fear' of PvP, can only be a good thing.

And if all it does is give PvP'ers an easy and relatively fast way to replenish losses, then... okay :)
Hiram Alexander
State Reprisal
#53 - 2014-08-11 19:03:46 UTC
Btw... what's with the subtle troll, with this pic... Clothing, etc.?

The top middle pics feature the strappy-leather-catsuit-thingy that's not on offer, yet... (I recommend making it a loyalty-point store item for folks in NPC Blood Raider space.) ;)

Nice to see some of the old stuff coming back!

(In b4 certain die-hards arrive for no other purpose than grumble about tights...)
Mizhir
TOP DAMAGE Ltd.
Trigger Happy.
#54 - 2014-08-11 19:12:24 UTC
Hiram Alexander wrote:
Btw... what's with the subtle troll, with this pic... Clothing, etc.?

The top middle pics feature the strappy-leather-catsuit-thingy that's not on offer, yet... (I recommend making it a loyalty-point store item for folks in NPC Blood Raider space.) ;)

Nice to see some of the old stuff coming back!

(In b4 certain die-hards arrive for no other purpose than grumble about tights...)


That catsuit has been on sisi ages ago but got removed. and for some reason never seen in the game again.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

De'Veldrin
The Suicide Kings
Dreadbomb.
#55 - 2014-08-11 19:17:34 UTC
All in all I like the changes. I'm really excited about the new level missions, tbh - be curious to see what those look like.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Dalilus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2014-08-11 19:21:32 UTC
"A new kind of Level 4 missions"....After reading that I was ready to go to Amarr and get whipped a few times to be sure the dev post said what it said. Finally some love bequeathed on carebears! Big smile

Then nullbears began getting excited and worked up on the forum. I'll reserve judgement till the dev post comes out. Hopefully it will not be a PVP style nullbear fantasy in highsec where they can print isk disguised as missions for carebears. Ugh
Hiram Alexander
State Reprisal
#57 - 2014-08-11 19:22:38 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
That catsuit has been on sisi ages ago but got removed. and for some reason never seen in the game again.


Yeah, it had a graphical bug that they might not have fixed yet.

And the Gallente looking set had to be put on in a certain order, or parts of it disappeared... fun times, lol... ;)
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#58 - 2014-08-11 19:24:26 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
All in all I like the changes. I'm really excited about the new level missions, tbh - be curious to see what those look like.


I am too, wish they'd come on with the blog on that lol. A number of questions come up.

Like if it's one npc and frig sized encounters, will there be some kind of mechanism restricting the encounter to only you. Because if its a lvl 4 mission pay out and you can bring multiple ships in, I smell unbalanced farming opportunity lol.

Come on CCP, blog me baby!
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#59 - 2014-08-11 19:25:22 UTC
Not exactly tinfoil hats, but I am sure those will be worn by forum warriors of all kinds.

Amd I think that every new addition to missions that take away from grind, and add to the danger and risk factor is a good move for the game.
Hiram Alexander
State Reprisal
#60 - 2014-08-11 19:31:14 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:
All in all I like the changes. I'm really excited about the new level missions, tbh - be curious to see what those look like.


I am too, wish they'd come on with the blog on that lol. A number of questions come up.

Like if it's one npc and frig sized encounters, will there be some kind of mechanism restricting the encounter to only you. Because if its a lvl 4 mission pay out and you can bring multiple ships in, I smell unbalanced farming opportunity lol.

Come on CCP, blog me baby!

Yeah, I'm really keen to see what shape this takes.