These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bye EVE Online

First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#41 - 2014-08-10 01:48:37 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Other than CCP directly saying that Incursions don't contribute much to the overall isk faucets, being less than 10% of total faucets.

Context, get some.

He, and I, were talking about the enormous inflation caused by pre nerf incursions.

That's why they were nerfed in the first place.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Christopher Mabata
Sentinel Incorporium
#42 - 2014-08-10 03:24:16 UTC
One less person to compete with on the market! Huzzah!!

:P

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Najenna
Caldari Deep Space Ventures
Brothers of Tangra
#43 - 2014-08-10 08:51:29 UTC
Barakkus wrote:
Happy trails to you, 8 years and 50+ bil removed from the economy. No you can't have my stuff :)

Sorry to see you go. Maybe you should just take a month break and refresh yourself. I been playing for 12 years and I know how you feel. I take month breaks here and there just log on to change skills. No I don't want or need your stuff but i would like for you to stay and remain a part of the community.

What ever you choose best of luck to you and Hope you find something that makes you happy. Big smile

Good luck fly safe mate.
Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#44 - 2014-08-10 09:11:13 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
You've gotten your cause and effect wrong.

Incursions are actually at fault for the current situation, thanks to them causing such rampant inflation. That's why ships cost ten times as much as a few years ago.

But static direct income injections, that being isk from missions and bounties, was never adjusted to compensate (and rightly so, otherwise we'd all be screwed by now). But that has the effect of hitting the new player the hardest, as their income streams are rather more limited.

So, you can blame inflation for the current woes of ship replacement cost.

It has to deflate before this will be addressed.

er sorry but no this is factually wrong in almost every respect.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#45 - 2014-08-10 09:15:40 UTC
Pheusia wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Incursions are actually at fault for the current situation, thanks to them causing such rampant inflation. That's why ships cost ten times as much as a few years ago.

But static direct income injections, that being isk from missions and bounties, was never adjusted to compensate (and rightly so, otherwise we'd all be screwed by now). But that has the effect of hitting the new player the hardest, as their income streams are rather more limited.

Cool argument, Malcanis.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#46 - 2014-08-10 09:36:37 UTC
Hope you will be back after a good break. I've only been playing for a little over 4 and a half years, mostly PVE, and even I have had to take some leave from Eve here and there. Either way, where ever the Gate takes you next, good luck and have fun with it.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#47 - 2014-08-10 11:20:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Medalyn Isis
By they way, removing 50 billion isk from the game actually means the rest of us our richer due to inflation, although in the case of 50bil that is almost meaningless.

I thought pvp has improved actually in the recent years with the ship rebalance. Although stupid ships being introduced like the garmur don't help keep pvp interesting I do agree.
Mabego Tetrimon
Spiritus Draconis
#48 - 2014-08-10 11:24:37 UTC
can i have your stuff?
BrundleMeth
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2014-08-10 11:41:23 UTC
Wow, these "can I have your stuff" people are the worst kind of player in EVE. Nothing but selfish trolls.

This guys reason for leaving is a problem and he is right for his reasons, he simply has more important things to do.

I know this much., If I ever quit I will never tell anyone, I'll just leave. And I wont be back. I will simply Biomass my toons with my 200 Billion worth of assets and ISK no one gets a bloody thing.
Billy McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#50 - 2014-08-10 12:55:15 UTC
Kan u has mi stuf?

"Thread locked for being deemed a total loss." - ISD Ezwal

Ursula Thrace
Dreamland Augmented Consortium
#51 - 2014-08-10 16:27:13 UTC
barakkus,

i don't know you, but i wish you luck and hope you decide to return to eve one day.

farewell o7
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#52 - 2014-08-10 16:42:21 UTC
Removed an off topic post.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#53 - 2014-08-10 17:08:26 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Pheusia wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Cool argument, Malcanis.

You're very kind to say so, but it's actually just an assertion.
Riot Girl
#54 - 2014-08-10 17:21:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Riot Girl
Nope, it's garbage, like everything you post :3
edit; sorry, replaced a naughty word.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#55 - 2014-08-10 17:30:58 UTC
BrundleMeth wrote:
Wow, these "can I have your stuff" people are the worst kind of player in EVE. Nothing but selfish trolls.

This guys reason for leaving is a problem and he is right for his reasons, he simply has more important things to do.

I know this much., If I ever quit I will never tell anyone, I'll just leave. And I wont be back. I will simply Biomass my toons with my 200 Billion worth of assets and ISK no one gets a bloody thing.

Are you sure I cant have your stuff?
Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#56 - 2014-08-10 17:32:51 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:

You mean like everything YOU post...
Riot Girl
#57 - 2014-08-10 17:36:50 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:

You mean like everything YOU post...

I'm hurt. Please take it back.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#58 - 2014-08-10 17:43:51 UTC
I seem to remember you giving a like every once in a while. People who do that are few and far between so I will miss you.

Maybe things will change with the game and we'll see you again. It seems that a lot of old timers have been bowing out. CCP needs to have a look at that and see if they can make the game fun again for blob averse pilots.

Mr Epeen Cool
TharOkha
0asis Group
#59 - 2014-08-10 17:50:24 UTC
Barakkus wrote:
Happy trails to you, 8 years and 50+ bil removed from the economy. No you can't have my stuff :)

Can you at least buy PLEX for all your isk and trash them? You will leave EVE as market hero at least.

I hate them to be under 800m Big smile
TharOkha
0asis Group
#60 - 2014-08-10 18:04:08 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Maybe things will change with the game and we'll see you again. It seems that a lot of old timers have been bowing out. CCP needs to have a look at that and see if they can make the game fun again for blob averse pilots.

Old timers are leaving, while newcomers are ganked right after they leave noob star system. (im looking at you, CODE.)

I dot think that EVE is dying because of CCP. EVE is dying because players themselves are killing it.

BLOBs are not the outcome of EVE mechanics, it is an outcome of sandbox and open moonolithic world.