These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Using Concord for protection

Author
UltraSplash
Ntak Inc.
#1 - 2014-08-09 16:27:16 UTC
If a miner get attacked in High Sec. Concord will come.

What if its an alt that attack one self. Concord will stay for some time. Would it give some protection.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#2 - 2014-08-09 16:30:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Brock Nelson
#3 - 2014-08-09 16:32:42 UTC
lol

Signature removed, CCP Phantom

Angeal MacNova
LankTech
#4 - 2014-08-09 16:32:45 UTC
The reaction time of CONCORD is significantly reduced when they are already on site. However, if they are on site at a spot other than where you're at, the response time to show up to where you're at is longer.

http://www.projectvaulderie.com/goodnight-sweet-prince/

http://www.projectvaulderie.com/the-untold-story/

CCP's true, butthurt, colors.

Because those who can't do themselves keep others from doing too.

UltraSplash
Ntak Inc.
#5 - 2014-08-09 16:36:27 UTC
Thanks Big smile
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#6 - 2014-08-09 16:38:37 UTC
Read this. You can skip down to the conclusions if you just want to see the effects of having them around.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2014-08-09 17:03:42 UTC
It is aparently a legit tactic so abuse the living hell out of it.
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2014-08-09 17:17:42 UTC
The main limitation is the same one gankers have. You can't recycle the alt you are using to spawn CONCORD when his sec status gets bad. You just gotta live with it, rat for sec, or use tags.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Xavier Holtzman
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#9 - 2014-08-09 17:21:00 UTC
UltraSplash wrote:

What if its an alt that attack one self. Concord will stay for some time. Would it give some protection.

No. It will not give you protection. It will only punish those who break hi-sec rules.

I do not like the men on this spaceship. They are uncouth and fail to appreciate my better qualities. I have something of value to contribute to this mission if only they would realize it. - Bill Frug

Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2014-08-09 17:57:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Gallowmere Rorschach
Xavier Holtzman wrote:
UltraSplash wrote:

No. It will not give you protection. It will only punish those who break hi-sec rules.

It does up the level of protection, since when Concord is already on grid, their response time is extremely low. Also, personally, when I am ganking solo, or in a pair, there's no way in hell I am bothering shooting a barge when Concord is already there.
Paranoid Loyd
#11 - 2014-08-09 18:03:05 UTC
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
The main limitation is the same one gankers have. You can't recycle the alt you are using to spawn CONCORD when his sec status gets bad. You just gotta live with it, rat for sec, or use tags.

Meh, more difficult but easy enough to live with puller being red. Use non red to bring noob ship to pulling location, warp puller to noob ship, board then shoot something.

I dont gank miners but if I did and saw this going on, I would pull them elsewhere and attack before you even noticed they were gone or just bring enough firepower so that it won't matter. Easy enough to counter.

If the ganker is the least bit competent and wants you to die, you will die, unless you are paying attention. So just pay attention and you wont have to worry about going to all the trouble of pulling them.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Paynus Maiassus
Capital Munitions
#12 - 2014-08-09 18:09:07 UTC
Even though CCP does not consider this an exploit, God hates it and considers it a grave sin, so if you do this, you will go to hell when you die.
UltraSplash
Ntak Inc.
#13 - 2014-08-09 19:03:41 UTC

Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:

How low can a sec. status go before it prevents a recycle.
Archibald Thistlewaite III
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Miners
#14 - 2014-08-09 19:15:01 UTC
UltraSplash wrote:

Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:

How low can a sec. status go before it prevents a recycle.

Its classed as an exploit to avoid the penalties that go with a negative sec status by bio massing the character. But like all exploits its up to CCP's GM team to decide. If you want an official answer file a petition.

User of 'Bumblefck's Luscious & Luminous Mustachio Wax'

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#15 - 2014-08-09 21:11:31 UTC
They teach this **** in the Tutorials now, don't they ? P

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2014-08-09 22:12:03 UTC
UltraSplash wrote:

yes, do it every time you mine in a belt. however, as soon as you see ganker garbage land on your belt and attempt to pull away concord, time to leave. once concord is more then 250km away, youre not protected anymore. But, its a lot of effort to pull concord away.

i doubt they will bother with a mining barge. they might decide to perma-bump you however.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#17 - 2014-08-09 22:15:46 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

+1 for viable use of game mechanics
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#18 - 2014-08-09 22:15:48 UTC
UltraSplash wrote:

It was previously classified as an exploit, but that got tentatively overturned recently.

By all means, do it. Do it until the hammer falls.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#19 - 2014-08-09 22:18:49 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:

read on from that comment i linked, gm Lelouch expands a bit on the topic and what they classify as an exploit in terms of alt recycling.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#20 - 2014-08-09 22:20:53 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:

read on from that comment i linked, gm Lelouch expands a bit on the topic and what they classify as an exploit in terms of alt recycling.

That being, if you use an alt to pre spawn concord, just like a suicide ganking alt that slot is taken and you can't delete the character.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

12Next page